Void Shipping labels. Now how do I ship??

Hello Dear Members.

Am facing a typical situation. Just received an order on eBay Canada from a buyer yesterday. Successfully received the payment in my paypal account. However, I accidentally created 2 shipping labels and eventually had to void both of them. What happened is that first I created the LABEL 1 (just giving a name to the label so that you all can easily identify it). As this is my first time creating a shipping label through PayPal, while creating the first label (LABEL 1), I accidentally choose "Regular Parcel (3 - 9 business days)" and in a hurry clicked submit. The shipping label cost got immediately deducted from my PayPal account, and before I could do something else, I came to know that the purchased has already been done. However when I checked the details of this transaction, I could see that I forgot to check "Delivery Confirmation" on it (which is a free service).

I then again tried to create another Label (LABEL 2). Now I don't remember whether I created this LABEL before voiding my LABEL 1 or after? Anyways, Here I choose the "Xpresspost (1 - 3 business days)" and ONCE AGAIN I forgot to checkmark "Delivery Confirmation", which I later found out in the transaction details.

So now I was charged for BOTH the Labels. However, I immediately VOIDED both the Labels (LABEL 1&2) and now when I check the PayPal status, under the Shipping Information it shows as 

Shipping Status: 
Refund Pending

Now whenever I once again try to create any Label, I am UNABLE to do so becuase there is no option that exsist in eBay "Items Sold" section of creating a Label anymore. In the ITEMS SOLD under the ACTIONS section, it only says "Leave Feedback" and some other options in dropdown. And it shows the tracking number from the FIRST " LABEL 1" which I created accidently under the product listing. I am UNABLE to delete that tracking number. However, I can add another tracking number (coz there is an option to Add one).

Now my questions are:

1) As I have already Voided the LABEL 1, should I go ahead and ship the iteam by attaching the LABEL 1 (as the eBay listing shows the LABEL 1 tracking number still active)?

2) Can I ship the parcel by walking in Canada Post outlet and through Expedited Shipping (which I figure out is even cheaper than the above two). In this case I would be issued a fresh tracking number at the counter. Would I be able to add this newly issued fresh tracking number to my order?

In case if I go with option two, then I have to wait for the refund of above two LABELS (1 & 2) which usually take anywhere between 3-4 weeks (and one has to follow up with PayPal also).

Would be great to have anyone's input on this.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I will answer your follow-up questions here, rather than on the other thread which was created for something a little different.

Because you already printed two labels that you cannot use, ebay bots will be confused. Don't use either label. They are toast after being voided.

Go to paypal. Like log into your paypal account. Find the buyer there, click on it and Print Another Label. Then go back to ebay and enter that information manually and contact the buyer to tell them what happened. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.02.30 AM.png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Also , regardless of whether you're using ebay Basics of Selling Manager, you should still see the option to print. Does it not look like this? 

Selling Manager view

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.06.54 AM.png

My eBay Basics View

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.06.54 AM.png

Straight to paypal. Landing page. Go to Classic View

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.09.54 AM.png

Details on Classic Site

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.10.13 AM.png

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Do any of these pages look the same for you? They should. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

2) Can I ship the parcel by walking in Canada Post outlet and through Expedited Shipping (which I figure out is even cheaper than the above two). In this case I would be issued a fresh tracking number at the counter. Would I be able to add this newly issued fresh tracking number to my order?

No. You can buy postage at the counter but Expedited Parcel is only available to business sellers. Like through paypal shipping. Or if you have your own Solutions for Small Business (formerly Venture One) card. Even then, with the card, your discount will not be as great with it at the counter as it is with paypal shipping since they have negotiated a contract with pricing that meets about Tier 3 with a Solutions for Small Business account. Meaning you would have to ship many many items outside of paypal to reach it independently.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Also, I have to reiterate that it is very important you communicate with your buyer to explain the reason their order has been shipped, voided, shipped, voided and then shipped again. Use the sample text I have you in the screenshot. It's from my own. 

Good luck. 

This is the magic link which will give you an exact number of days it should take to arrive. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/default.aspx?ecid=murl08002548

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks you! 

They look quite a bit of similar! But when I checked in the details in their section, I don't see "SHIP ANOTHER" option anywhere on my voided Labels. Please see the screenshot..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Not your Voided Labels, but the transaction that was the payment from the buyer.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply