Voided Paypal shipping label

Hi! Does anyone know how long it takes Canada Post / Paypal to refund a voided label? I had to void one two weeks ago but when I log into Paypal it still says Refund Pending... should I start to worry about not getting my money back? Of course I also checked my credit card balance and it shows no signs of any refund from CP or Paypal either.

Thanks for any input Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

drucecat
Community Member

I voided one on Sept. 8th. The credit showed on Sept. 24th.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

It took 3 weeks to be refunded for the last label I had to void.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I had to void one today, but I dont see any where that it is showing refund pending in my Pay Pal. Just shows that I made 2 payment for shipping the same person. Had printing problems with the first one.

I have in the past voided labels but never saw a refund. Probably should have called Canada Post, but I just let it slide. I will call them this time if I dont see a refund. They have taken enough of my money.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@jerseywithstats: If you click on the Paypal transaction detail for the purchase of that label, it should say "refund pending" somewhere... I think it's under shipping status. 

Mine was voided on Sept 10th so hopefully I will get it next week. I'll wait for two more weeks max and if I don't get anything back I'll contact Paypal and Canada Post... and if neither works I guess last resort would be to try getting a charge back from my credit card company then (which I have never done before).

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Do you pay for your postage with a credit card?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I paid with a credit card. Paypal/CP deducted the postage from my card on the 12th.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I believe they say that it should be within 30 days.  Never has happened!  I have always had to call PayPal to get a refund.

PayPal blames Canada Post and Canad Post blames PayPal and so it goes.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It took 3 weeks to be refunded for the last label I had to void.

Same here - if I recall, it was actually a little more than 3 weeks.  I did get the full refund though. 

Lesson learned: I now take the extra couple of minutes to double-check everything in the last screen to make sure it's perfect before hitting the button to purchase the label.

To the OP:  By the way, you do know that you can edit practically anything in the final Paypal label review screen?  It will take you back to your previous screen without deleting any of your details, and you can then do your editing, and even change the service type, or back out completely if you want.  

You may know this, but you can also reprint your label at any time within 24 hours if you find your printer ran out of ink, for example, or the cat thrashed your original label. Cat LOL  No need to void the label.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Actually, I voided the label due to paranoia... initially I didn't bother adding insurance. Then after I bought the label, I changed my mind and decided to add insurance... so that's why I voided the initial label (no added insurance) and bought a new one (added insurance for $4.10)... of course the parcel arrived without problem, so I kinda wasted $4.10 there (and the initial shipping label that I have yet to receive refund)...

rose, may I ask if you used paypal balance or credit card to pay for the shipping?

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I voided a label a few months ago, waited a month, no refund. I sent Canada Post an email, and they refunded me within 24 hours of sending an email. Paypal is not responsible for the refund, only Canada Post.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

rose, may I ask if you used paypal balance or credit card to pay for the shipping?

I always use my Paypal balance to pay for the shipping labels, mainly because I like having all my shipping expense records in one easy place come income tax time. Woman Happy  

I also prefer to have the debit done immediately from my Paypal account as I usually leave a bit of a running balance to accumulate, so I can see from day to day more precisely where I stand.  

That's unfortunate about the insurance, but I think you'll find you will eventually get refunded for the voided label.  It's just very, very slow. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

melissa, if you don't mind can you please tell me which Canada Post e-mail you used to obtain the refund? If I don't get it back by next Thursday I'll definitely send an e-mail. What kind of information did you need to include in that e-mail?

rose, I wonder if people who paid with Paypal balance would get their refund sooner. Just a guess, though. No refund on my Paypal account yet at the moment. I like to use credit card for the 1.5% cash back. For $24 worth of postage I get 36 cents! That's kinda significant Smiley LOL Whenever my Paypal account has over $150 I immediately send them to my bank, so I don't have a habit of keeping a floating balance there Smiley Happy

Again thank you all for replying and chipping in your two cents. Much appreciated Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To Zee-chan.  I use my PayPal Balance to purchase PayPal shipping labels and whenever I need to void the labels, I had to wait and wait and wait and wait FOREVER until I called PayPal and presto I get all those refunds.

Apparently someone there either PayPal or Canada Post or both "are hoping" I would forget them!  As if!!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

zee-chan, I used the customer service email given in the Paypal label transaction, email is cpc@paypal.com. I included the transaction id number, dollar amount of label voided, date label was voided, how long I have been waiting for a refund, which is the same as date label was voided, reason for voiding label, and my concern for why the refund was taking longer than stated by them. I would wait at least three weeks before emailing them.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

So yesterday I e-mailed paypal like Melissa suggested (it's been a month), and today I got a phone call from Paypal and a follow-up e-mail after the phone call saying that the refund has been processed. There's also a reminder in the e-mail that says normally it takes 15-30 business days to get refund from Canada Post lol. Anyhow I just logged into my Paypal account and saw that there is a refund entry for my credit card, so I think I'll see it on my credit card balance next week since it's a Friday now.

Thanks for everyone's input 😃 Glad to get my $24 back.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@melissas-minis-2007 wrote:
zee-chan, I used the customer service email given in the Paypal label transaction, email is cpc@paypal.com. I included the transaction id number, dollar amount of label voided, date label was voided, how long I have been waiting for a refund, which is the same as date label was voided, reason for voiding label, and my concern for why the refund was taking longer than stated by them. I would wait at least three weeks before emailing them.

@Canada Post didn't issue the refund then;  Paypal is the one who refunded you.  This is evident buy the e-mail address that you sent your request to.  Anything at @paypal.com is a Paypal company-owned e-mail address.  Canada Post employees wouldn't even have access to such an account.  If you were contacting Canada Post, the email address would contain @Canadapost.ca or @canadapost.postescanada.ca.

Every single time I have voided a shipping label, I've had to take steps on my own to received the refund.  And every single time, it has been Paypal who has manually issued it.    Paypal has a contract for discounted shipping rates with Canada Post and it is Paypal that sellers are purchasing the labels from.  The last time that I received a refund, I was on the phone with Paypal customer service, and I received an e-mail immediately that I had received a refund from cpc@paypal.com. That was without needing to filing a dispute, or taking any other steps.  This means that Paypal themselves have full access to that account as it belongs to them.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Hi! Does anyone know how long it takes Canada Post / Paypal to refund a voided label? I had to void one two weeks ago but when I log into Paypal it still says Refund Pending... should I start to worry about not getting my money back? Of course I also checked my credit card balance and it shows no signs of any refund from CP or Paypal either.

Thanks for any input Smiley Happy

My experiences have been that you will never automatically receive your refund.   I've voided maybe 5 labels since the introduction of the Paypal Shipping program.  The song and dance is always the same.  Wait your 30 days/45 days and call Paypal up on the phone.  You'll get your refund immediately.  If they give you some stall static, just thank the person and call back.  You'll get your refund.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I've usually had to call as well, but I voided a label on Sept. 22nd, made a note to call PayPal on Oct. 6th and lo and behold I received a refund early on Oct. 6th! First time that has happened. Hope it continues. It was paid for from my PayPal account and refunded back to that account.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply