WHY DO WE OFFER A 14 DAY RETURN POLICY WHEN EBAY WILL OVERIDE IT UP TO 30 DAYS AND FORCE A REFUND

aes2go
Community Member

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO OFFER A 14 DAY REFUND POLICY AS EBAY WILL OVERRIDE IT UP TO 30 DAYS AND FORCE A REFUND.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

WHY DO WE OFFER A 14 DAY RETURN POLICY WHEN EBAY WILL OVERIDE IT UP TO 30 DAYS AND FORCE A REFUND

Stop shouting. All caps is hard to read.

We offer the 14days (or seven) because a good buyer who sees No Returns will backbutton and a bad buyer will ignore it, knowing that he can get a refund.

And it can be up to 120 days after the sale in some circumstances.

And it's NO RETURNS and not NO REFUNDS in any case. Again, there have been many reports where the seller was forced to refund without the buyer being forced to return the unwanted item because the seller was deemed to have indicated that he never wanted to see the item  he sold again.

So we make our Terms of Sale friendly to attract the good buyer, who will tell us if their purchase is unsatisfactory and work with us to make a failed transaction pleasant.

And we get brownie points in Search if we offer returns and refunds on unsatisfactory products.

Not every transaction will be successful.

It's not personal , it's business.

The customer is occasionally right.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your return period covers "buyer remorse" returns, it does not cover Not As Described returns where eBay or PayPal set the time period.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply