Well that is just great.

Because of the possible postal strikes and the lack of free listings.  I put about 150 listings into draft format and was going to relist them today.   I last touched them Aug 25, so today I get this.  Well that is just great.  I normally would have been using turbo lister but as they were discontinuing it, I didn't.

over 90days.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Well that is just great.

It says 90 days but do they disappear in 30 days?? A lot of work to have to recreate these. That is too bad.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

They were listings that ended, so I made drafts ready to list.  Most of them were Christmas music, so I wasn't in a hurry.  I last updated all of them end of August, so in my mind it was less than 90 days.  **bleep**.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

Drafts are kept for 30 days since last touched. I dislike drafts because I have read stories like yours where drafts disappear. TL does not have that issue unless your database gets corrupted. Working online with eBay drafts and selling manager can be challenging.

Supposedly the new seller hub will allow backing up of listing into csv format. Maybe for drafts too one day.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

Are these on eBay.com? I would ask over in those forums in case someone knows a way to recover drafts? Some knowledgeable members there. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

I have both saved on .com and .ca because I list on both sites.  It just drives me crazy all the time I spent with those drafts.  I had a problem before were it would only let me save 250, when I thought I was saving 800.   I lost the 3 weeks worth of work when I shut down in June July this year. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

Drafts only last for 30 days. I remember in the summer when you lost the ones you thought you'd had in Drafts, we made a point of reminding you that drafts only last for 30 days. I guess it got lost in the noise. Sorry to hear this happened for you now. 

I too learned this the hard way.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

I somehow got confused with the 90 days.  They definitely are going to have to change that now that they are getting rid of turbo lister. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

I just checked the handful of unfinished saved drafts I have on both .ca and .com in My eBay and the unfinished saved drafts go back to the start of August. I suspect it's because I only have a handful (5 on each site).

From the help files:

If you start a listing but don't complete it, we automatically save it as a draft when you leave the listing form.

You can also choose to save a draft of your listing by selecting Save for later on the listing form.

To complete a saved listing, go to My eBay > Selling, then select the listing title under Saved drafts. Each draft is saved for up to 30 days.

-..-

The files also mention maximum limits for unfinished saved drafts, with oldest in excess of the limit deleted first.

-..-

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

Well it seems mid June, I backed everything up on Turbo Lister in anticipation of a long postal strike.  So it is not entirely up to date and I will have to do some checking but all is not lost thanks to Turbo.  I am a little more relaxed now. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Well that is just great.

When you wrote the descriptions, did you only keep them as eBay drafts?

If you wrote them as Word or Text Edit documents are they also save to 'the cloud' in some way?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply