What exactly does UK visibility mean?

On relisting an item today, I noticed that the "UK visibility" option is now $0.20 for an auction listing and $0.50 for fixed price. Odd -- I'm certain it used to be $0.10 for my GTC or 30-day listings. What benefit or advantage does that $0.50 actually buy? Before I pay the new, rather hefty fee, I'd like to know. I thought that by offering int'l shipping to the UK my listings would be visible there anyway? Does anyone know? If not, maybe I'd better ask the eBay.ca group.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Good question Rose-Dee... I'm also very curious what is the diffence between ''UK visibility'' and ''Offering Int'l Shipping to UK'' ?!?!?

I use this ''UK Visibility'' for my high value items (more than $ 100) since mid may, received few questions but no sale so far.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Well, Rose, I opened a new browser, made sure I was signed out. Went into the UK site and searched for your "Sewing Pattern for 1912 Edwardian Ladies' Skirt w Soutache Embroidery ~ MULTI-Sz".

It comes up as "0" in the UK but goes on to show yours as available from an international seller.

Doing a very basic search using parts of your title, it gives a much longer "best match". I now have to scroll to the very bottom of a long page to find international sellers and your listing.

I am GUESSING, WAG, that paying for UK visibility would put you in the top section and not in the after thought section.

As Rock alludes, perhaps paying for that visibility is best left for the higher dollar widgets.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It's been 50 cent for FP listings for quite a while.

As MrE suggested, the UK visibility option guarantees that your listing will be seen along with listings from other UK sellers. If you don't pay for that visibility, there is still a chance that your listing will be seen in that area but it is more likely that it will be seen at the bottom in the international sellers area.  If there are too many similar listings in the international area...your listing may not be seen at all on that site.

At one time I noticed quite a few of  my listings would show up in the regular section on the UK and Australian site but I think that they got a lot of backlash from the local sellers there so it doesn't seem to happen as often now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply