What is the best way to refund buyer for item not received?

I think I am going to have to refund a buyer tomorrow for a package not received. I usually just do the refund from Paypal, but then on my eBay it shows that the buyer still owes for it, also, I can't get my FVF's back.

I am thinking that there must be a better way to do it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Then you can use the cancel order function on the eBay transaction.  I just reread my last post...the word feed should be fees.  I'm not sure if that was a typo or because I'm hungry right now. Lol

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can always cancel the order, and select 'buyer asked to cancel or there's an issue with the buyers address'.  Assuming that your buyer has brought this situation to your attention, you can inform them of the process and simply instruct them to let you know if and or when the item arrives, to discuss re-payment at that time. 

Or does this count as a defect now?  Maybe others can inform.  This way at least I'm pretty certain that you get your FVF's back.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If it is within 30 days of purchase you can do a refund through the eBay transaction by clicking cancel order. The item has been shipped so you shouldn't get a defect and you will get your feed credited.  If it has been longer you will have to go through PayPal or you could ask the buyer to file an item not received claiming eBay  so that you can do the refund through eBay.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

As bassox333 suggests, cancel the order...

Select "The buyer asked to cancel the order or there's an issue with the buyer's address"

As payment hasn't been made, the cancellation should be finalized quite quickly.

All fees charged will be reversed. No demerit.

If you have a problem buyer, don't forget to add to your 'blocked list'.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The buyer has paid, it was mailed on August 3rd, but has never arrived.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Then you can use the cancel order function on the eBay transaction.  I just reread my last post...the word feed should be fees.  I'm not sure if that was a typo or because I'm hungry right now. Lol

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I'll do that. Hope you got fed!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply