What is your slowest month for sales?

I think mine is going to be March.  I sold 82 in Jan; 52 in Feb and so far only 1 and I am having a sale right now and it is Friday.  Basing it on the last 6 months by now, I would have sold at least 7 CD's.  Last year March was also a write off.  Next year, I am going on holidays in March, somewhere warm.  I sure won't miss any big sales.. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Any month when Canada Post and CUPW play negotiation chicken with each other in front of the media.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It's the 4th day of the month and you are complaining already?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Well when you have 1,400 items listed and you want to sell 60+ per month, you need to be selling 2 to 3 per day.  So by the 4th of the month, history has me at 8 to 12 by now, not 2.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I really don't think 4 days is a realistic sample. With ebbs and flows. keep track by the month and compare it to the same month in previous years. That will get you a better sample.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

On eBay, December.

My products are not 'giftable' and in my experience male collectors tend to turn their collecting allowance into their gift allowance in December. (Probably on the 24th.)

FWIW, my postage sales on and off eBay have been very strong. I nearly sold out of my last private offer and had to spend a couple of days making more packets of 100 mint postage postage.

To my mind, this means that eBay sellers are having or expect to have strong sales in the near future.

Keeping in mind that this is anecdote not data.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The only slow months for me are July/August.... when collectors and people in general are in holiday mode. Kids are out of school and everyone's on vacation.....  

These months have always been consistently slow in my 11+ years of selling on eBay.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

July, August and December - every year.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Just took a look 2017 compared to 2016, January 1 to March 4....  Very close .... all within the probability of minimal error

and in 2016  I was selling in US dollars.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

for me July and August Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

January-mid February for me. I think Christmas shopping credit card bills come out at this time and people are too broke to shop for non-essential items.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

So March turned out to be slow, just a little slower than Feb. Dec and January were good.  I wish all months were like those.   A little more money though which is good.  For April so far, I have sold 38 which will work out the same as Feb and March if things continue the way they are. 

feb sales.jpg

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

THIS MONTH!!!

Not kidding either!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Spring is always slower than usual for me.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Feb, because of the lack of promos. This month is pretty slow too though had I not had a buyer made some best offers. A little lower than what I'd usually accept but she made offers on multiple books so I might as well sell them to her as one order (saves time) and to make room in my storage. If she only made similar offer on one book then it'd have been declined. And then last year during Sept/Oct was also slow...

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

same here and i say it's for the same reason.Been here since 2005 and history shows July and August are the slowest.However, over the past 5 years traffic to my listings have been down 30% consistently year after year.We are selling a fraction of what we once did.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM 2017

Information and advice in zombie posts may be out of date or inaccurate.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 18 of 18
latest reply