What protection does seller have

dvc1967
Community Member

What protection do sellers have ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

From what and when?Your first level of protection is your own, when you write your description and photograph/ scan your item. Take your time on this and don't cheap out.

The silliest 'cheap out' is using one picture of a number of items and then selling only one item from the group. That seller is gonna end up with an unhappy buyer.

The second error is not describing the item. Too many sellers get so caught up in their Terms of Sale that they don't actually mention what it is they are selling and why it is desireable.

Then there is setting the shipping fee.

There are dozens of threads on that subject. Choose badly and you are in deep trouble.

Then there is shipping service: tracking, delivery confirmation and insurance.

While these are not always necessary, it is useful to understand what they are, how they work and how much they really cost.

ricarmic has a current post on his self-insurance costs. Well worth reading.

Then there is cheap, slow Surface shipping vs. pricey Air Mail service. And cheap is not a good idea here.

So far, all of these are the seller's own protections.

EBay further protects the seller.

Sellers can Block unwanted bidders. This can be done manually or automatically (for deadbeats with Strikes or for entire continents the seller does not want to ship to)

Sellers can refuse offers. (But not sales.)

Sellers can file Unpaid Item claims against deadbeat bidders.

If a sales goes bad and the buyer wants a refund, eBay/Paypal demand that the buyer return the item to the seller with Confirmation of Delivery. This reduces the number of buyer's remorse claims.

A seller is never required to make a partial refund. He can demand return for refund.

Feedback is voluntary. Sellers can only leave positive feedback or NO feedback.

A member can appeal certain feedbacks.

A member can leave a Response to feedback. While a seller cannot leave negative feedback, a Response is not required to be positive.

What is your actual problem?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sellers are their own self-employed business, run by themselves, for themselves.

Are you asking who should look out for you? That is your job, no-one else.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@dvc1967 wrote:

What protection do sellers have ?

you could buy a pair of gloves. I like the thicker leather kind for working with. Some like the lighter ones for gardening. Either way, gloves provide great protection from slivers, dirt, cold and more. 

My advice...get a good pair of gloves. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Froo, steel toed boots. I have a good pair, leather, thick rubber soles, high top for ankle support.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

http://goinglikesixty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Fisher-Price_condom.jpg

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

..and now with summer around the corner, don't forget the sunscreen.

sunscreen.jpg

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Recped! I just blew tea through my nose. You come and clean this up.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Now think real hard. You've been birddoggin' this township a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

"Be happy in your work". Col Sato.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 10
latest reply