What's this new wrinkle? Any other sellers seeing this??

Something seems to be going haywire with one of my listings that I've never had happen before and I have no explanation for it. 

I listed a major item about 4 days ago.  It popped up almost immediately in my store (rather unusual - it normally takes a half-hour or more to display), and was shown in the proper (2) store categories. 

Then it disappeared from my store.  It was still showing on my "Active" selling list.  I figured, OK, eBay goofed in putting it up so quickly, it will probably be shown in my store in a few hours, or the next day at best.  It popped up again 2 days ago.  

Today (4 days after listing) I noticed it was gone again.  I don't have any idea for how long.  I decided to use the "revise" feature to check that I had set the correct store categories -- I had.  I saved the revision anyway, and the item popped up again in my store.  An hour later it was gone again!  

I've tried logging in with my alternate ID -- same thing, it's not being displayed in my store at all, nor (what is just as upsetting) in search results.  When it was briefly visible in my store, it was shown on page 2 of the search results.

I'm completely bewildered, and rather upset, since this is an important item.  I'm losing critical visibility ever day that it's absent from view on eBay.  Why would an item still be invisible 4 days after first being listed?  

Have any other sellers had this weird issue occur lately?  Or any explanation???

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Whoops... just checked, and it's back, but only shown in 1 of the 2 categories that I had specified.  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Well, it was there yesterday evening, gone again today -- ridiculous! 

I'm paying for upgrades on this listing, too (Gallery Plus).  What's the point if it's invisible? 

I may just end the listing and try relisting it to see if that cures the problem.  Does anyone know any other fix for this issue?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

What is the listing number?

I checked your listing from the "View Listings" link in the forum here and saw 118 listings. I then clicked on the Store icon and got the same total of 118 listings in the store. So numerically the same number of listings show.

If you provide the listing number we can check if the listing in question is actually in the view listing link as well as in the store.

I would be careful on assuming because you can't see it is the same as what other see. It may have been working all along and it is just you. If you post the item number when you say it is not appearing to you maybe someone reading can check for you at the same time and tell you what they see.

Whoever checks would go to you store and find the item manually in the store view, then check by View Listings (not through store) and last by eBay search on the item number. It should show on all three searches. If not, then there is a problem.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thanks 'poco' -- I suppose I should have mentioned the item #: 171505774045

What I'd suggest is that you go to my store home page, enter "1912 Dress" in the store search box (top left), and see if this listing is shown amongst the other items.  I don't see it myself when I do that.

Also, please click on my store category "Replica Antique Garments" and see if you can view this listing.  I can't.  (This item was also listed in a 2nd store category, which isn't visible at the moment because evidently eBay isn't recognizing that there is an item in it).

I just did a general search on eBay under "Edwardian dress", and I could see my listing on page 1.  But I couldn't find it using a scrolling manual search anywhere in my store listings. 

As I mentioned earlier, I tried logging out and then back in under an alternate ID I have (which is completely unconnected to my store), and I still couldn't see this item in my store listings.

I'm thinking that ending this listing completely and using "sell similar" might be the best solution, but I've got 5 watchers already that I'd rather not lose.  Thanks for any help.  This is just such a bizarre occurrence.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

All morning the item has been AWOL from my store, but on checking just now, it's back - no kidding - and searchable again under both proper categories!  This is like a Jack-in-the-Box.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Hi Rose!
I checked:
AOK - replica antique garmets
AOK - store home page
AOK - view item listings and search 1912 dress
AOK - search all categories in eBay 1912 dress

So everywhere I looked I found it!!
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I see the listing in View Listing and store and by item number. All okay.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks to both of you for checking!  I guess we picked the wrong time, because I've been able to see it again too since about 30 minutes ago.  Next time it disappears, I'll call you guys. Woman LOL

Just absolutely weird!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

OK, I just checked my listings 2 minutes ago, and this item has vanished again from my store!  

Would someone mind clicking on my store icon and seeing if they can view it -- item # is in one of the posts above -- and let me know?  Also, let me know if you see the category "CUSTOM COUTURE SHOP".  

That particular item should be in that category, and without it being displayed in my store, the category isn't displayed either (since it's currently the only item in that category). 

This is, well, ridiculous. 

(Listing # is 171505774045 -- please don't search by the number, but by my store listings).

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

No, I don't see it in your store but I do see it when I click on 'view listings'

When I search for 'dress' in view listings, there are 24 results. When I search for 'dress' in your store there were usually 22 results but I also saw 20 and 24 results when I was changing around view highest plus shipping, view lowest etc.

116 total listings in your store, 118 in view listings.

I don't have a clue why that is happening.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The total number of items in your store changes depending on which sort I used. It is varying from 110 to 116 listing and the results keep changing. One time on newly listed I saw 110 and another time I saw 113.

Hmmm...now they all show 118...sheesh

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I just checked again:

AOK - replica antique garmets
AOK - store home page
AOK - view item listings and search 1912 dress
AOK - search all categories in eBay 1912 dress

So everywhere I looked I found it!!
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks everyone -- yup, it's now back where it should be today, as is the category "Custom Couture Shop". 

What you are saying 'pj' makes me wonder whether other listings are popping in and out of my store.  I never thought to compare the total numbers listed vs. the total on my "active" items, or to compare them under different searches.  This isn't good. 

Something tells me I should ask about this at the next Wed. board meeting (if there is one). 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I checked your store and see the category CUSTOM COUTURE SHOP with one listing.

If I click on a listing a random from your store, when the listing comes up, the listing store categories on the left are missing the Custom Couture Shop category.

I see 117 listing total in store and same when view all listings.

So it appears that the category is not in a listing store categories displayed and is in the My eBay Store.

Perhaps this is why is seems to appear and disappear. Where are you looking, store or in an individual listing?

Of course, it should be in both places but I am just trying to explain the appearing and disappearing.

It looks like the CUSTOM COUTURE SHOP never got propagated to all of the listing categories.

As for what PJ saw with different counts, no idea why that happened. It did not happen to me when I tried it right now. Strange.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Have any other sellers had this weird issue occur lately?  Or any explanation???

I don't have a store, rose-dee, but I've had problems with listings appearing and disappearing off and on all week.  A few days ago, I took a few minutes to see how my listings were placing in Search and there were 6 items that didn't show up.  They were active and were visible in my eBay summary.  So I searched for them using my alternate User I.D. .... same thing.  I checked later in the day and they were there.  The next morning, they were gone again.  Off and on all week.  Because they were relatively low in price, I didn't follow up with eBay.  Actually, I simply didn't have the time.  However, everything seems to have corrected itself as of two days ago.

(I'm late to the Boards this week and I realize you posted this a few days ago.  I hope that everything has been resolved.)

Message 16 of 16
latest reply