What's with Tracked Packet & Paypal Labels - still not working properly?

This is probably an old refrain, but honestly, how many months/years has it been since Tracked Packet was added to Paypal labelling, and it seems it's still not working 100% correctly. 

Case in point: I rarely use TP, but when I tried to change my listing's shipping type from Small Packet to TP yesterday while preparing a label, I got an error message saying the information was incorrect and I couldn't complete the process with TP.  I used the back button, tried inputting the details again, still no go.  Finally, I decided to back out completely, return to the Paypal transaction page and start all over.  This time I was able to get the label done.

So it seems that if any other shipping type is input first, you can't change your mind and switch to TP during the process. This has never been a problem with Expedited Parcel or with Xpresspost -- you can input the details, check pricing, then return and change the shipping type as many times as desired. 

I'm wondering if the problem is me and/or my browser (again??), or does anyone else experience this annoying glitch?

BTW, Tracked Packet is an air service, right?  If not, I may be in trouble.  I ask this because I see the estimated delivery time is from 4 to 15 days -- quite a spread for TP U.S.A.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracked Packet has always done the error since it was introduced. If another shipping option is used when you go to PayPal shipping from eBay, switching to Tracked Packet does not reset the form from the service that you came into. You cannot see anything but the form has not been reset.

To get around this is simple.  You need to reset the form. A trick to do this is to go to the Service Type entry box, select "Select Type" as the service and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page. This will generate an error message at the top saying to "Please enter a valid service type."  This resets the form to the starter defaults and now you can select the Tracked Packet service. All the information that was entered will not be lost.

I posted this solution way back when this "glitch" was first mentioned years ago when Tracked Packet was introduced. It was sent to kalvin at the time but he left eBay and it was never fixed.

It is hard to get things fixed on eBay.ca Canada but it seems impossible to get anything fixed on PayPal shipping for Canada Post shipping issues.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Rose! Yes tracked packet is always airmail, that's the only option for it.

As a side note, my postmaster has also made me start putting airmail stickers on my USA expedited parcels, which is new to me but apparently the new rules (which is good anyway!)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That has been the case for me for a long time. I sometimes want to change the shipping option to find the different costs, once you put in tracked package, you have to leave the page and start again.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Rose, the TP timeline is wrong, always has been, never will get changed.

Anytime I got "locked-up" trying to change services, I had to exit entirely, like, right out of shipping, and start again.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

or does anyone else experience this annoying glitch?

Yes. I think that every since they set up TP it has done that. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

or does anyone else experience this annoying glitch?

Yes. I think that every since they set up TP it has done that. 

Ditto.....

Absolutely laughable, well it would be if it wasn't so sad.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Tracked Packet has always done the error since it was introduced. If another shipping option is used when you go to PayPal shipping from eBay, switching to Tracked Packet does not reset the form from the service that you came into. You cannot see anything but the form has not been reset.

To get around this is simple.  You need to reset the form. A trick to do this is to go to the Service Type entry box, select "Select Type" as the service and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page. This will generate an error message at the top saying to "Please enter a valid service type."  This resets the form to the starter defaults and now you can select the Tracked Packet service. All the information that was entered will not be lost.

I posted this solution way back when this "glitch" was first mentioned years ago when Tracked Packet was introduced. It was sent to kalvin at the time but he left eBay and it was never fixed.

It is hard to get things fixed on eBay.ca Canada but it seems impossible to get anything fixed on PayPal shipping for Canada Post shipping issues.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks 'poco', I was hoping you'd pop up with the answer as usual! 

Now that you mention it, I recall your posting this workaround a long time ago, but I didn't print it out, so it hadn't occurred to me. 

This time I've printed it out and it's on my notice board, right in front of my nose.  Woman LOL

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I reported this error twice to paypal. I recall they told me it was a Canada Post problem. So, the next time I had to talk to Canada Post about something else, I mentioned it and they said it was a paypal problem. So... there you have it. 

The postal service information will also incorrectly identify as some kind of Flat Rate nonsense in the associated ebay sales record. 

Oh, and it's seven business days to get anywhere in the USA by Tracked Packet, according to Canada Post. Unless maybe Hawaii or Alaska. There is no service guarantee, so if they blow it, you don't get anything back. Only with Xpresspost International do you get a valid delivery standard with refund if missed. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply