What website to use to include pictures in my descriptions? Photobucket no longer working...

Hey!

I usually include a picture in my listing descriptions. Since a few days ago, I was using Photobucket but they've taken down all my links out of the blue and I can't seem to find another site doing something similar.

I only have like 3 or 4 pictures I would like to upload and be able to include in my listings descriptions (HTML).

I tried imgur today and it seemed to work but am now getting a broken link icon in like 2,000 listings...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

What website to use to include pictures in my descriptions? Photobucket no longer working...

I tried another website to host my picture.

Can someone confirm that it works on this listing:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nikon-Coolpix-L340-Digital-Camera-20-2MP-28-Optical-zoom-GRADE-A-/25306600882...

And that it DOESN'T work in this listing?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Underwater-Waterproof-Nikon-COOLPIX-S32-13-2MP-Digital-Camera-White-/26310870...

Thanks!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Yes, I was previously using Photobucket which is why I'm in a world of trouble atm.

I like your idea of replacing the picture with actual text but since I also have some actual pictures to host somewhere anyway, I'll stick with the image.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

How much would an Amazon S3 bucket account cost me? What if I have pictures for maybe 200 listings and 1-2 pictures in the descriptions of ~3,000 listings (same promo pictures - not 3,000 actual different pictures)?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@vip-marketplace wrote:

How much would an Amazon S3 bucket account cost me? What if I have pictures for maybe 200 listings and 1-2 pictures in the descriptions of ~3,000 listings (same promo pictures - not 3,000 actual different pictures)?

They have a free tier that covers one year with 5gb of storage, including 15gb of monthly data transfer for up to 20,000 (file)requests a month. I'm not sure if you have access to your ebay traffic reports (.com's seller hub breaks out your listing page views), but that would give you an idea of your traffic. There are various online calculators that break out the S3 pricing once you go beyond the free tier limits. It's a bit complicated when first looking at it as there a few metrics that effect price, but you can read here to get an idea of how it works. Note that is an older article so the pricing may be different.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

No text or artwork on photos

No text or artwork (such as “free shipping” or seller logos) may be added to photos. Copy that is essential to your listing should be placed in the title, subtitle, or item description.

PS I know there are a lot of eBay listings with text in photos that violate the picture policy and nothing seems to be done about it. Some of those listings if they were GTC listing that started before the new picture policy on eBay was implemented 3 years ago and these are allowed until they end or are revised.

In practical terms I don't think I've ever seen this enforced. There are many sellers in my niche that regularly use text (and gaudy artwork in some cases) on their (new) listing photos. The reason for this being the you need x number of reports from y number of unique accounts before any review is triggered. From what I understand the number of unique reports required is a relatively high number. That isn't to say one day they may crackdown on it as the whitespace crusade continues.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply