What would you do?

A buyer in Norway purchased Micheal Buble Christmas CD/DVD from me over the weekend.  I was just about to send it out when I noticed that the DVD is NTSC which is region 1 and will not play in Europe unless they have a universal machine.  

I emailed them twice the last time stating that I would hold off mailing it until I heard from him/her?

This is my first email.

"I am just on my way to the PO and I just thought of something. The DVD is NTSC which only plays on Region 1 (North America) DVD players. This will be a problem for you as you will not be able to watch the DVD. Do you still want me to send it?

Please let me know right away as I will be leaving in 2 hours to go to the PO.

Thanks

This buyer also only leaves negative feedback.  I can just see buyer getting the DVD not being able to play it, give negative feedback and want to return it.  I of course, will be out the $7.50 shipping and by the time I get it back it will be after Christmas.

What would you do???  My gut is to hold off until I hear from them, but wonder if they do not get back to me, how long do I wait?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What would you do?

I'd give him 48 hours to respond.

FWIW, I bought a Complete Two Guys and a Girl DVD collection from Australia (because: Nathan Fillion) which is only available in PAL format.

But I can play it on my computer, and possibly on my DVD machine if it has a universal setting. (But I paid $13 for it at Canadian Tire, so iMac it is. )

I'd also Block him. Neg happy buyers are never good news.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

Personally - I would immediately block anyone who purchases Micheal Buble albums.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Id google it to confirm my suspicion it would not be region protected, then put it in the mail

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

Cross your fingers.

You don't have much choice but to ship it. Did the listing state Region and its inherent restrictions? If not, it should.

Right now, it does no good to presume the buyer can't use it and you're leaving yourself wide open to defects from late arrival by delaying the dispatch of it.

Many buyers use throwaway email addresses for ebay because they can't stand the spam. They won't read your message because it's been lost among the others from ebay that they haven't found a way from which to unsubscribe. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

@rosscd57 wrote:

Personally - I would immediately block anyone who purchases Micheal Buble albums.

LOL

I don't own any of his albums but I like listening to him once in a while.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

According to Wikipedia (not the best source, but I trust it):

"In general, it is easier for consumers in PAL/SECAM countries to view NTSC DVDs than vice versa. Almost all DVD players sold in PAL/SECAM countries are capable of playing both kinds of discs, and most modern PAL TVs can handle the converted signal."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code#Purpose

Your buyer may already have the capabilities of playing NTSC DVDs, and may not have even taken into consideration the DVD region because of that.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

the disc in question is all region, which can be found out in 5 seconds with google

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What would you do?

I stand corrected. I did not Google the actual DVD because musicyouneed said in their original message that it was NTSC Region 1, and I had no reason to doubt that.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply