When can we expect to see another free listing promotion? I need one badlllllyyy!!!

We got 1 - 500 free listing promotion about 20 days ago and now nothing - also before that 1 promotion there was none for 2 months : ( ! Does anyone know when we can except another free listing promotion ? I'm hoping with christmas around the corner eBay will offer more promotions ! Only time will tell I suppose !

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

When can we expect to see another free listing promotion? I need one badlllllyyy!!!

Apparently there have been a couple but they were invitation only and I did not get an invite either. Hopefully something will come in the near future.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@girlgamer94 wrote:

We got 1 - 500 free listing promotion about 20 days ago and now nothing - also before that 1 promotion there was none for 2 months : ( ! Does anyone know when we can except another free listing promotion ? I'm hoping with christmas around the corner eBay will offer more promotions ! Only time will tell I suppose !

There have been other offers, but they've all been by invite only. And you are correct -- time will tell.

For some of your small items consider listing on eBay.COM instead of on eBay.ca -- that will let you use the 50 free listings you get every month (50 free on .ca and 50 free on .com). Stuff that can be send flat rate is a good fit for listing on eBay.com

Shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller:

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you select.

-.-

A Canadian seller can still buy Canada Post shipping through PayPal (even if it's not shown as a shipping option on eBay.com). Lettermail / Light packet and Small Packet are all flat rate USA choices.

-..-

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually since May or June (I think) we get a promotion of 50K on com and ca every month and hope it will go on and on for us.  With that kind of promo I am able to sell way a lot of items than usual which I am grateful for.  In 2007-2009 I used to sold lots of items and now I am doing almost same thing.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually since May or June (I think) we get a promotion of 50K on com and ca every month and hope it will go on and on for us.  With that kind of promo I am able to sell way a lot of items than usual which I am grateful for.  In 2007-2009 I used to sold lots of items and now I am doing almost same thing.

There is no such promo currently on eBay that is available to everyone. If you have it now then you got invited. Lucky you.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I got one on .com like that but it is only for GTC which I am always a bit reluctant to use as if you don't remember to cancel them you have to pay when it is auto relisted. You would have to keep track of the item you list using this or you could end up paying a bunch of fees. I know with my items they often don't sell till they have been listed a number of times.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

It wouldn't be consistent with the 'BUY CANADIAN' promo to provide Canadian sellers with free listings.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

On the Sept 14 chat with Raphael, he stated.

'Some time ago, we would include all sellers in every promotion, every time. These days are behind unfortunately, tighter promo budgets now force us to focus out marketing dollars where we can get the best return. This means that not all sellers get invited to every promo anymore. Whether you're Legacy or not doesn't play into that at all."

I think that free listing promotions will be few and far between in the future.  I myself like others relied on them.  I now have a store and I don't worry about them any more.  Sure it cost me more but I have a little more control on listings.   Cost of doing business. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

My thoughts and hopes as well... but no such luck -- eBay sends us an email encouraging us to stock up our listings. Hopefully not everyone had as much faith in their promotion for Canada as I did -- my eBay fees are now through the roof and I am not seeing any increase in sales 😞

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

only for GTC which I am always a bit reluctant to use as if you don't remember to cancel them you have to pay when it is auto relisted. You would have to keep track of the item

Add a Note to each 'promo' listing with the date  and the GTC promo noted. (ie 22/9/16 GTC promo)

This will only be seen by you.

You can then end any of those listings when they approach their relist date.

You might also put a Note on your calendar (I have a paper one above my desk) reminding you to check those listings.

Cui bono?

Promotions are given for the benefit of eBay.

We got those 50,000 free listings to encourage us to list in Canadian dollars on dotCA. Because that is good for eBay Canada.

We get free GTC listings because we often forget to cancel them and that is good for eBay.

We get free auction listings because eBay is one of the last few auction generalists online, and sellers have moved to Fixed Price listings. Having auctions is a good branding move for eBay.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Unless you are subsidizing your buyers by paying for tracked mail, most of your coins could be listed on dotCOM in US dollars with Flat Rate or Free Shipping.

The best reason for listing on dotCA is the availability of Calculated Shipping for products that require parcel rates or tracked services ; which vary with dimensions and distance.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Thanks Femme. Never thought of that but it is a good idea. Guess you could just go in then & close on the 29th day.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Could anyone explain listing in .com versus .ca? Does that mean you have 2 different eBay accounts ? Or can you connect the same Canadian account to the American one? I've never heard of this before so sorry for all the questions : O 

I have over 1000 listings ready to be listed ccccoooommmonnn eBay ! 

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

You would think that they'd invite people with high feedback scores and lots of things listed on eBay but I guess not : - ( !

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@girlgamer94 wrote:

Could anyone explain listing in .com versus .ca? Does that mean you have 2 different eBay accounts ? Or can you connect the same Canadian account to the American one? I've never heard of this before so sorry for all the questions : O 

I have over 1000 listings ready to be listed ccccoooommmonnn eBay ! 

Your current account girlgamer94 can list on any eBay site.

For you, eBay.com USA site is best to use since you probably has most sales in the USA. You will get the same number of free listings on eBay.com as you get for eBay.ca. So if you have a basic store and get 250 Fixed Price listing and 250 auctions, you will get the same number on eBay.com so 500 Fixed Price + 500 Auctions total. (You do not get the same free listing on other sites than the eBay.com USA site.)

Your store will show both listings on both sites.

Shipping is important to understand when using eBay.com. No calculated shipping (no Canada Post options) so you must use generic shipping options eBay has. See the earlier post 3 by ypdc_dennis on how to use it.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

@girlgamer94 wrote:

One account. Any ebay -- but only ebay.com gives Canadians the extra free listings.

You just switch to the different eBay and start listing. In other words instead of going to www.ebay.ca you go to www.ebay.com

Note: You can not relist an item setup on eBay.CA on eBay.COM you have to start fresh (or use eBay's somewhat cranky converter).

Once you get a few setup it gets a lot easier to do, You have to think in US$ when listing and have some idea of what the Canada/USA exchange rate is doing. So charging $10CA becomes $8us (I rounded in the sellers favour).

If you don't already, add US$ as an active currency choice for your paypal account.

-..-

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@girlgamer94 wrote:

One account. Any ebay -- but only ebay.com gives Canadians the extra free listings.

You just switch to the different eBay and start listing. In other words instead of going to www.ebay.ca you go to www.ebay.com

Note: You can not relist an item setup on eBay.CA on eBay.COM you have to start fresh (or use eBay's somewhat cranky converter).

Once you get a few setup it gets a lot easier to do, You have to think in US$ when listing and have some idea of what the Canada/USA exchange rate is doing. So charging $10CA becomes $8us (I rounded in the sellers favour).

If you don't already, add US$ as an active currency choice for your paypal account.

-..-

Hmmmm, I haven't been getting promos lately either. I used to get more than I could keep up with, now nothing.

I've been thinking about these 50 free listings on .com also, but I didn't want the hassle of figuring out the shipping.

A light came on when I read to list lighter items where flat rate shipping can be easily calculated, makes a lot of sense. I think I might try it.

Now I'm wondering if I can list in Canadian Dollars on .com. It seems like it would be simpler to keep the same currency.

Do I have to list in US $.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

i GOT ONE TONIGHT IN THE PROMO SECTION - NOT SURE HOW ANYONE COULD LIST 50,000 ITEMS IN 3 HOURS??? Smiley LOL

Thank you for selling on eBay – List FREE for a limited time
Pay no insertion fees for up to 50K listings a month when you select Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Start: 01/10/16 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/10/16 03:00:00 EDT
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

You have to list in $US on .com.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I bet that's an eBay goof up. It's probably supposed to say thst it ends on 1/11.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply