When did Ebay reduce the automatic relisting feature from 3 times to only once?

Shouldn't they announce reductions in features?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I think it's been less than a week. No announcement that I ever saw.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

it's only been a couple of days, i listed a bunch of auctions on Thursday, and they all said relist up to 3 times, now when i go in and look they have all been changed to 1 time, what a bunch of **bleep**, like little kids, changing the rules in the middle of the game..I hope ebay rectifies this immediately,,

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

No wonder this feature has not been working for me. (relist 3 times for free) Sigh

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Also anything you had listed for three times automatically will not re-list automatically. A note shows on your ended listing that you have to go to the listing tool to re-list.

I was hoping to start using this feature after I tested one auction, and just as I do the re-list only works one time now.

Stay tuned for more changes next week..... I might as well just migrate back to the trading forum I use. I at least knew what to expect there.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I hadn 't noticed this until you pointed it out.

I've been listing today, saw the yellow box at the bottom of the second page but didn't notice the change.

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Such jerks! It's already such a complicated  to list here. And then you can't just relist en masse and get it to auto relist... Always have to click in and make more edits to get the free relist.   Must've been cutting into their precious listing fees too much!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@theodoreides wrote:

Shouldn't they announce reductions in features?

I noticed the quantity change on Friday.

Did they ever announce the automatic relisting feature when it first started up? I just remember it as showing up when relisting and wondering what this new option was...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I just remember it as showing up when relisting and wondering what this new option was...

I was the same.  In fact, I didn't even take advantage of it the first few times because I thought "this is too good to be true"; I better find the policy and learn what this is all about.  I loved it; not only did it save money but also a lot of time.  And I became less dependent on the promotions.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Agree - the relist option let me focus on new listings rather than managing existing ones all the time. Back to the old way of loading up during promotions.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Was there any notice on this?  It did allow you the time to work on new listings. Very disappointing eBay. Right in the Xmas season too.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I loved the automatic 3 time relisting feature.  I too spent all my time and my freebies uploading new stuff, now I do a little of both.  It would have been great if Ebay would have continued it until after Christmas and then made an announcement any new listings as of Jan 1 2015 would be reduced to 1 free relisting.  

Or at least they should have honored all the listing who listed with the 3 free listings and only new listings would be reduced to one. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply