Where would I list my unique, unusual item?

I have a very unusual item I'm thinking of listing and I am not sure what category I would list it under, can you help?
I found it in my yard, It's antique, made of lead. Not sure what it is, might be a fishing weight.
The unusual thing about it, is it has a face on it that looks very much like Jesus! The face was created on its own. Not man made!
What would the best place to list something like that?
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sorry it is not unique!

It is a wooden double hung window lead counter weight. The kind that went inside the window frame and helped counterbalance the window to make it easy to make the window go up and down. There are one one each side of the window held on by a rope and a wheel at the top. Still  in use in millions of old houses.

As far as any percieved face goes - or not  - yr on yr own.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Look up Window weights on eBay...

They do have a unique shape..... and that may give them a unique value

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

List under

Antiques > Architectural &Garden

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Collectibles - Religion & Spirituality - Christianity

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

These are window weights  .... a functional entity that works with the opening and closing of windows ... 

Link to 

http://www.phelpscompany.com/weight-pulley-systems.html

and see how they function in relation to windows

Architectural antique as presented by OP......  Still being manufactured and used today

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You need to work up a Story that will appeal to the mouthbreathers who can't understand that not only do we not know what Christ looked like, but most of the portraits of Him have been made by artists who reflect their own societial norms.

In other words, those pictures are as imaginary and fictional as pretending that random marks on a discarded piece of metal found in the dirt has some spiritual significance.

So you should work on a couple of miracles first. Perhaps your yard is the only one on your block to be free of mosquitoes? Perhaps holding the window weight helped your aunt lose the five pounds she had been trying to shed for the past month. Perhaps when you found it a light shone down on you and you fainted from heatstroke. (You don't have to mention that it was noon, 35 degrees and you had just dug up a tree stump all on your own. Imagination works better with fewer facts!)

A Certificate of Authenticity would be useful too. You can buy nice 'certificate' paper at Staples. The vellum look is helpful. It doesn't really matter what it says, but spelling and grammar should be correct.  On second thought, 'mouthbreathers'; maybe good spelling isn't very important.

Sell the sizzle-- because there just ain't no steak.

PS: Don't forget to add a blessing in the listing for all those who read it and ask them to pass it along to all their friends.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

^It was difficult to hold back my giggles in work break room...
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You've earned the Best Post Ever Award!
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yes indeed - made my day.  Can't stop laughing.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I've looked up this counter weight you speak of and I see nothing the looks like what I have found. But, thanks.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wow, just...wow. Smh
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I looked and didn't find anything that looks like mine. But, thanks.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply