Why are my watchers not showing?

Why are my watchers not showing up on my item pages? They're only showing up on my "selling" page.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Check your customize settings.

Customize is at the upper right corner....if available for that page.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I don't have a "customise settings" option.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

My interpretation of selling page and item  pages  might have been off

Let me adjust

Selling page is found under My eBay  --- this is the page that can be customized

Item pages ---  Are these the pages for each listing?

For me a listing for an item will show the  number of watchers....  if the record under my eBay shows watchers....

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

"They're only showing up on my "selling" page."

Are you logged in?

The number of watchers will show on the listing page (on eBay.ca or eBay.com) under the price IF you are logged in.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I tried it both ways, both logged in and not logged in. I can see others' watchers, but mine aren't showing up.

I've had this problems several times before. Sometimes my watchers show up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they appear for no reason, late in the auction.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Watchers are showing up only under the My Ebay/Selling tab. They're NOT showing up where they SHOULD be, on the item pages, so that customers can see them.

eBay also won't allow me to set a reserve price. I just had an experience a few days ago where I posted something with a reserve price, double-checked it for accuracy, checked back later and all was fine, suddenly started getting lots of small bids the next day starting at 99¢ and found that my reserve price was gone.

I don't know whether it's a glitch in the system, or if eBay is being dickish.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

" so that customers can see them."

??

The number of watchers is not meant to be seen by others.  It is only visible to you when signed in.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@spaldingbrassworks wrote:

Watchers are showing up only under the My Ebay/Selling tab. They're NOT showing up where they SHOULD be, on the item pages, so that customers can see them.

eBay also won't allow me to set a reserve price. I just had an experience a few days ago where I posted something with a reserve price, double-checked it for accuracy, checked back later and all was fine, suddenly started getting lots of small bids the next day starting at 99¢ and found that my reserve price was gone.

I don't know whether it's a glitch in the system, or if eBay is being dickish.

I think you are confusing a Buy-It-Now price with a reserve price. An auction has a starting price with an optional Buy-It-Now price that a buyer can buy the item at immediately. The Buy-It-Now price disappears as soon as a bid is made by anyone (in most eBay Categories, not all). Buy-It-Now is not a reserve price!

The Reserve price option is hidden in the ell Your Item listing form and must be turned on in Add or Remove options in the Format and Price section.

You must use the advanced SYI form and not the quick Lister to be able to use the Reserve option as far as I know.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@spaldingbrassworks wrote:

Why are my watchers not showing up on my item pages? They're only showing up on my "selling" page.

Your shipping costs seem to be too low in listing 121438599107 Candlestick brass, you offer Free Shipping within Canada and the item price is $50 US. ($55.76 CDN).

You would ship that by Regular Parcel or Expedited Parcel within Canada. A box holding those items and packed well to avoid damage is going to be large and heavy. I would guess that postage is going to be expensive on this package in the $30-50 CDN rage depending on the distance within Canada. Not much profit in selling this item???

And the USA shipping charge is $15 US and worldwide is $15 US. No way to ship that size box and weight and make a profit. Even with some of the shipping cost built into the price. Your total income on the item will be $50 + $15 = $65. Not enough to cover postage to Uganda which is allowed in to your shipping destinations.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I found the problem. Watchers only show up if you have the Buy It Now option engaged.

Which is pretty daft. You want the number of watchers to show up at all times.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

??

The number of watchers is not meant to be seen by others.  It is only visible to you when signed in.

That's not true. The number of watchers always shows up on Buy It Now items.

It IS meant to be seen by others, and it's a valuable selling tool that should be engaged at all times.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

??

"The number of watchers is not meant to be seen by others.  It is only visible to you when signed in."

-------------------

Pierre, I can also confirm that this isn't always the case. There are many listings where eBay makes the number of watchers visible to everyone, both in the search results, as well as on the item listing page (most BIN listings actually have the number of watchers on the item listing page, but select ones are also shown in search results). In my experience it's not information provided on every listing, but seems to appear on 'popular' items or those with a great numbers of watchers. Those that show the number of watchers are often placed near or at the top of Best Match rankings. This has been the case for some time now (greater than a year at the least).

Here is an example: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Disney-Store-Frozen-Olaf-Snowman-Sven-Reindeer-Plush-toy-Set-of-2-/1613391018...

I suspect it's eBay's way of saying "Hey, look at the number of people watching this item! It must be good, you should totally buy it"! But I don't know the rhyme or reason as to what exactly determines which listings show the number of watchers.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply