Why do Non-US buyers do not leave feedback?

Are they Englished=-challenge.  I am not griping, just perplexed. it iss part of his/her responsiblity.  I have done my part to provide the best service.  Shouldn't I receive a proper feedback?  The 4 buyers I am referring to are are based in NJ, eastern european descent or russians..

I do not likeing naggin the buyers to do it after weeks of no feedback response.

Bah

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The 4 buyers I am referring to are are based in NJ, eastern european descent or russians..

Do you have the exact date they arrived in the USA?

Because for example.Isaak Ozimov arrived  in the US at the age of three, in 1923. His 300+ books were all written in English.

Another example Israel Isodore Baline was Russian born in 1888, but settled in the USA in 1893. You may have sung some of his songs around the campfire.

The US is a nation of immigrants. And has been since near the beginning.

Did you know that because so many colonists spoke it, German was seriously considered as a second official language for the newly United States/

</rant>

Feedback is voluntary.

Leave it on shipping and you will get more feedback than if you wait .

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The leaving of feedback is a voluntary activity.

The leaving of feedback is absolutely voluntary.

It is not recommended that you chase for feedback... that is ask the buyer to leave feedback....

Why  you say?... the answer is..... You might get something you do not want, and that is a negative feedback.

As a new seller one would like to get feedback......  You will eventually build up feedback..... Do not ask buyers to leave feedback, whether in your listings... or as a followup  email.

Let sleeping dogs lie..   It is better to have no feedback  than a visible negative feedback.....  

For a new seller, negative feedback will hurt more than no feedback at all.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

People used to leave feedback a lot more years ago but not as much now.   And it is not just US & International buyers that don't bother leaving feedback but also a lot of Canadian buyers too.  And as mentioned it is not worth bugging buyers to leave you feedback as they may just leave you neutral or negative.  I always leave feedback when I buy something but not always when I sell unless my buyer leaves it for me.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The 4 buyers I am referring to are are based in NJ, eastern european descent or russians..

Because for example.Isaak Ozimov arrived  in the US at the age of three, in 1923. His 300+ books were all written in English.

Another example Israel Isodore Baline was Russian born in 1888, but settled in the USA in 1893. You may have sung some of his songs around the campfire.

Did you know that because so many colonists spoke it, German was seriously considered as a second official language for the newly United States/

</rant>

Feedback is voluntary.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Looking at your post I would say that you are probably the one who is English challenged. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I leave feedback 100% of the time!

I receive feedback about 20% of the time!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah more and more buyers don't bother to leave feedback.   As a seller I don't leave feedback until buyers leave feedback so I knew the transactions are complete, otherwise no feedback.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Change of mind.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Not griping? Responsibility? "Englished=-challenge"? "naggin the buyers to do it"?

'Non-US based in NJ, eastern european descent or russians', "Non-US buyers do not leave feedback?"... Wow.

Nothing irritates me more than sellers that don't leave feedback.

Yup, the righteous one's that don't feel the need to say 'thank-you' until the buyer gives them more; in terms of feedback.

To some, a buyer's money and patronage doesn't always qualify a 'Thanks".

I used to follow through upon receipt of my purchases. Now if I haven't received that 'Thanks' you ain't getting' nothing more.

Another irritant is rookie sellers hounding me for feedback, particularly when I haven't even received the item yet.

I always leave feedback. But in these scenarios I get PO'ed, and sometimes feel if I haven't anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

That goes for US based and Non-US based.

Careful what you wish for.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

</rant>

Feedback is voluntary.

Arrival: yes, UPS gives me notification of confirmed delivery.  I see the profile of some of these buyers.  Sort of confusing since one communicated with he's from the Ukraine, yet has US shipping address - and says it takes a while for him to get the package.  I just left it at that.  This buyer was the only one to leave feedback..  

I know US' illustrious history of immigrants. It is the same with Canada.  I am stating these buyers' are non-US.  

as for the other poster: Excuse me for the english.  I was typing frenzy fast.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

Not griping? Responsibility? "Englished=-challenge"? "naggin the buyers to do it"?

'Non-US based in NJ, eastern european descent or russians', "Non-US buyers do not leave feedback?"... Wow.

Nothing irritates me more than sellers that don't leave feedback.

Yup, the righteous one's that don't feel the need to say 'thank-you' until the buyer gives them more; in terms of feedback.

To some, a buyer's money and patronage doesn't always qualify a 'Thanks".

I used to follow through upon receipt of my purchases. Now if I haven't received that 'Thanks' you ain't getting' nothing more.

Another irritant is rookie sellers hounding me for feedback, particularly when I haven't even received the item yet.

I always leave feedback. But in these scenarios I get PO'ed, and sometimes feel if I haven't anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

That goes for US based and Non-US based.

Careful what you wish for.

I actually wait  for 7 days after the confirmed delivery just to ask if everything went alright.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sort of confusing since one communicated with he's from the Ukraine, yet has US shipping address - and says it takes a while for him to get the package.

He's using a freight forwarder.

The seller ships to the US address, where her responsibility for shipping ends.

The forwarder sends the goods (often the result of a shopping spree) to the overseas buyer.

Sometimes the forwarder also deals with customs and sales taxes for the overseas buyer.

These services have been around for decades.

In fact, eBay has its own version, which is set up for US and UK sellers. It's called the Global Shipping Program.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply