Would you cancel thse bids?

I have an interesting dilemma. A bidder from Mexico bid on my item without inquiring about shipping. So I emailed him and told him that shipping it to Mexico would be very expensive...$70 US in fact. He wasn't happy. The next day I get a (0) bidder from Mexico bidding on the same item. I think it's the same guy who outbid himself thinking he can just walk away. I don't think he realizes he could cancel his initial bid even though I told him in the email that he could. I feel like cancelling both...What do think?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Cancel them and block. Mexico can be "prolematic".
Photobucket
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@towertreasuretrove wrote:

I have an interesting dilemma. A bidder from Mexico bid on my item without inquiring about shipping. So I emailed him and told him that shipping it to Mexico would be very expensive...$70 US in fact. He wasn't happy. The next day I get a (0) bidder from Mexico bidding on the same item. I think it's the same guy who outbid himself thinking he can just walk away. I don't think he realizes he could cancel his initial bid even though I told him in the email that he could. I feel like cancelling both...What do think?

If you are going to offer worldwide shipping why do you not provide the shipping costs? Making buyers guess or ask is no way to operate and will only lead to problems.

If you ship worldwide, why cancel bids from buyers who are just looking for you to do what you say you do?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I appreciate your comment...but they are supposed to ask first.  'Contact seller' and all that. You can't give a quote to every nation on the planet. I always provide a quote when asked...Anyway...I sense this sale is going to go wrong...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You can if you use Calculated Shipping.

Mexico is one of the choices, as is North and South America. Although the latter messes up your USA pricing.

A sophisticated bidder can guesstimate the shipping cost from the cost to countries that are listed. But BDR. Buyers Don't Read.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you...I think my hunch is correct...neither one (or same guy) are replying to emails now. I've asked them to pre-agree to shipping or I'll cancel his/their bids. It sounds harsh...but, hey....I went out of my way to warn them about shipping...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The pre-agreement doesn't help.

Just cancel and be done with it. And Blocked Buyer List.

Some sales are not worth having.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply