You are on .com and ebay switches you to .ca

You are on .com and ebay switches you to .ca.  This drives me crazy.  I list on both sites and right now I am listing on .com, all of a sudden it takes me to .ca, WTH!  If I am on .com leave me there, don't switch me to .ca.  I usually have one tab open on .com and one tab for .ca.  If I do a search on .com it is because I am listing on .com and don't want to search .ca as I am listing in US $ and I need to know the prices in USD. 

Do you have that problem? or is it only me?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

it will switch you back and forth depending which the item is listed at, for example if you want to edit or relist an item it will swith you to the ca or com the posting was originaly created on,hope that helps somewhat

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

It will also take you to .ca if you send a message  I always have a browser open for each site as well and it does get switched at times but there is uaually a reason for it.  Of course I don't always know what that reason is but I'm sure that one exists!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

" If I do a search on .com it is because I am listing on .com and don't want to search .ca as I am listing in US $ and I need to know the prices in USD. "

The search engine does not know your motivation when you search on eBay.com.  The result will be for all items available on eBay.com in whatever currency the seller uses (US$, Cdn$, £. €, etc...)

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I think this is the issue you are having?

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Cannot-Edit-on-com-Forcing-Me-To-Sign-In-ca/td-p/337358

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hello Everyone, hoping for a little help regarding the migration tool. I have moved my listings....all six of them Lol with the migration tool to .com and I can't edit them now on .com it sends me to .ca to edit. The listings were originally listed thru .ca. and they are never ending listings till I cancel them. Will I have to end the listings on .ca and repost on .com? Thx any help would be great.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The listings showing right now are on .ca so if you are trying to revise active listings you do have to do that on .ca.  Or do you mean that you trying to edit them in your drafts folder on .com? I haven't used the migration form but from what I understand, that's where you listings first go when you move them.  You do have to end the listings on .ca once you have revised and listed on .com otherwise you will have duplicate listings.  Hopefully someone who has used the tool can answer your questions as I'm just going by what I've read on the boards.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Searching on dot com only really works correctly if you are signed in there with a USA account with a USA address then you will see what an American does. Signing in with your Canadian account will not help you.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Searching on dot com only really works correctly if you are signed in there with a USA account with a USA address then you will see what an American does. Signing in with your Canadian account will not help you.

Huh? I always sign in with my (other) Canadian account on .com and the search works fine.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

"Searching on dot com only really works correctly if you are signed in there with a USA account with a USA address then you will see what an American does. "

That is incorrect.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Urrrrrgggg I'm still having this issue too.

I got an email regarding an item that I have listed on .com.  When I click on "reply" it is forcing me to sign in to .ca to reply.

Just to see what would happen, when I sign in to .ca the message isn't there obviously, and I get this message:

"The question you are trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

So basically I cannot reply to any questions generated from .com 😞

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by working correctly but all I have is a Canadian account and I have no problem relisting and/or revising my .com listings.   If I want to see what an American sees for shipping costs and listings, I just change the my location and enter a U.S. zip code on the top of the search page.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

Urrrrrgggg I'm still having this issue too.

I got an email regarding an item that I have listed on .com.  When I click on "reply" it is forcing me to sign in to .ca to reply.

Just to see what would happen, when I sign in to .ca the message isn't there obviously, and I get this message:

"The question you are trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

So basically I cannot reply to any questions generated from .com 😞

You are registered on .ca so you have to sign into .ca to reply to any messages, regardless of who they are from. All of your messages should be showing on any site that you sign into however if you try to reply or send a new message you will have to sign into .ca. I've seen the 'invaid' message that you are referring to a couple of times but when I've tried to open the message again, I didn't have a problem. I'm not sure why you are continually having a problem with it.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

When I login to .ca I do not see messages that are sent about items that are listed on .com and vise versa.

It looks like where ever the item they are enquiring about is listed, that is where the message stays.  But when I try to reply to a message on .com I'm having the issue that I indicated above.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Is it possible that you have your messages set up so that you can see only the ones that are unread? That would mean that if you read the message on .com, you wouldn't be able to see it on .ca.  Hmmm...I guess that if that were the case you wouldn't see the messages on either site once they had been read....

I'm not sure what else to suggest as I have never had a problem like that.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

It looks like you have listings just on .ca on this account so you are having the problem on the other account only?

Message 16 of 16
latest reply