anyone els having this issue

ok im a new seller, iv made about 30-40 sales now in the past 2-3 months for a total of over 500$, all the transactions had the pending status on them, and then the other day i sold a few items which did not have the pending status they went right into my account, made a few sales today and again they are pending, i do not understand why this is happening, if they didnt make a few payments pend a few days ago why all of a sudden are my newest ones having to pend.

TIM HORTON'S GIFT CARD - Campbellton Tigers FD42436 (271742829240)

Tracking number: [Add]
Watch Count: 1

C $10.00

Buy it Now and Best Offer

+ C $1.50

shipping

16/01/15

Checkout complete

TIM HORTONS COLLECTOR GIFT CARD - Vernon Vipers (271745766842)

Tracking number: [Add]
Watch Count: 1
Estimated funds availability*: 10/02/2015

US $12.00

C $20.04

Buy it Now and Best Offer

+ US $1.50

C $1.85

shipping

20/01/15

Checkout complete

as u can see i am not pending on an item i sold on the 16th, i did not enter a tracking number to release sooner it just went directly into my account, now with one of the newer ones it is showing a pending status again

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I assume you mean on your sellers dashboard it showed as Pending.....Which means the customer had not completed checkout.  Or you would recieve a message saying that the funds have been received and too release them.  This is not a hold situation I think.  although I havn't used the new dashboard yet as I stuck too the old ones up too two years ago.  I believe the pending on the dash board means the item has not completed checkout, the customer has not finished.  Or it could have been lodged into a shopping cart unless that has been fixed.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As you may know, there are 3 criteria that apply for holds on new sellers, and you must meet all 3 to get past 'new seller' status.  The funds from your first 30 or so transactions were on hold because you did not yet get beyond all of the restrictions.  Later, a few more sales to the U.S. may have just been enough to put you past new seller status.   

New seller status ends once you've met all the following criteria:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.

• You've completed more than 25 US sales transactions.

• You have more than US$250 in total sales.

Here is the relevant section of the eBay rules: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#avoid

There are other reasons for holds, too.  Some of your subsequent "holds" may be because some buyers are using Paypal e-checks.  An e-check operates exactly like a paper check (cheque) -- it is held by the recipient's bank (in this case Paypal) until the funds actually clear.  This usually takes around 5 to 7 business days, but may be a bit longer if you are dealing with an international transaction.  

There is nothing "risky" about e-check payments for the seller, since Paypal protects you by holding the incoming check until clearance is confirmed.  Some newer buyers don't realize that they are paying with e-checks (the e-check format is necessary if they haven't linked a credit card to their Paypal account).  

Holds may also result from credit card chargebacks, although these are fairly rare.  

Check your Paypal account details for information on any funds-related holds (you will see if a buyer has paid by e-check), and your seller Dashboard for your current seller status.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

yeah i fit all the criteria and what i was saying is, i had a few transcations go straight too my paypal without a pending status after the customer paid, and then a few new purchases later it started giving me the pending release date again on purchases already paid for. i dont understand why one would go straight thru without the pending process and then a few later i would have the pending process again

Message 4 of 4
latest reply