Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Canada Post send parcels by stamps???

 Need advice for new seller here. I sell media and clothing and I found this photo online and it show someone sending a small parcel (definitely >20mm) using only stamps and dropping it in the red mailboxes. Is that actually possible or simply a gamb...

lettermail.jpg

Resolved! Was paid but buyer wants to upscale shipping

I've already been paid by customer but they want to upscale the delivery method (one I do not list) from tracked packet USA to expedited USA. How do I send a revised invoice under Managed Payments for this extra cost?Do I have to refund and send a ne...

Flat rate and Calculated shipping for the same listing?

Hello everyone, This is my first post here even though I have been a member of Ebay since 2003! I retired recently and I'm enjoying the challenge of selling as something to keep busy and get rid of clutter around the house. I'm really impressed with ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

To anyone selling Dr Seuss books

To anyone currently or planning to sell Dr Seuss books, please be warned. There was a seller on dot com that had a listing ended by eBay. See attached from news. (6 as per this story) https://globalnews.ca/news/7671590/dr-seuss-books-racist/ -Lotz

Listings eligible to send offers

Good day fellow community members! Hey, have any of you guys tried sending offers to potential buyers, and if so, did you have any success? I am curious, but a little leery of intruding on somebody elses day with uninvited offers. Thanks in advance f...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

I'm a New seller and don't want to be ripped off .

Hi I'm new to ebay and I put up two items up to sell ,and I wanted to get the most i could for them ,so i may have even overpriced one or maybe even both , well after 2 days I got a offer for both by the same person and it looks to me the offer is wh...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

About Insuring a Return

Has anyone had experience with the following? I'm in the process of buying a return label for a buyer. I'm considering insuring the shipment but I don't know if there"s a point.I'm buying the label but the buyer is the shipper, so if a claim is to be...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Just a Rant! Unbelievable Buyer

Sold a $4.00 US item. As per my listing sent by letter mail. Today buyer asks for Tracking Number. I explain that do to cost I don't use tracking. This item was mailed March 7th and tonight she opens a case wanting to return it even though she hasn't...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

when does your feedback score go back to 100%?.... i have been on 99.9 for almost a year..

I had an unjustified negative feedback about 9 months ago.....previously my feedback score had been 100% for years..... it only takes that one jerk to ruin your perfect score.....so I was wondering, since that time, I have sold 100s of items with pos...

Resolved! I do not see the shipping fees for all countries in my list

Hello, Sorry if my question is stupid, but I'm not used to sell on eBay.I have an auction ending tonight and some bidders are from countries whose shipping fees do not appear for me.They have not written me to ask for the shipping fees.I've taken a l...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Fees with the new Mahaged Payments?

Hello, I sold my first item under the MP system today, and I can't understand how the fee is calculated.The item was listed on ebay.ca and sold to a US (NJ) customer, so I was expecting %12.35 + %0.4 + $0.30, but was charged about %14.3 + $0.30 ...Is...

Item missing from package but contained all packing

Hi all,Just looking for some direction as this is the first time I’ve had this issue.I shipped an item via letter post from Canada to USA. The item itself was inside of a plastic hard case (top loader for those familiar with card products) and then s...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Hope for you video sellers against pirates

For those of you video sellers who've been reporting video piracy and saw no action taken because we as sellers had something to gain (you're right, our livelihood), something has changed. Those sellers who sell custom made DVDs and Blu-rays in the n...

Resolved! Do you leave feedback for cancelled sales?

I have recently had buyers purchasing an paying for an item, and then cancelling almost immediatly, I can only assume that when they see the delivery times, they decide that is too long. The problem is the request for feedback is there for about 3 mo...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Offer to watcher...just curious

Does anyone had success with offer to watcher/buyer? Does anyone has a copy of the email (proposed offer) sent to the watcher by ebay ? It seems that the seller can not have a copy of that email forwarded to his inbox...or could we?

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Upcoming: Add VAT to listings before Jan. 1 when eBay starts collecting VAT on UK imports

Got the below message today. As far as I see, there's nothing for me to do, I don't sell directly on .UK, and I expect it will end up like happens for Australia and Singapore (and the USA) it just gets added on the the bill and passes through PAYPAL ...

• 28 replies
  • 1 helpful

Discount

How can I make a discount in one of my listing?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can I buy postage/shipping label directly through Canada Post or do I have to do it through eBay?

Hi,I haven't sold an item since the 'new' 'improved' eBay and see that shipping for an item I just sold would cost MORE through eBay than it would through my Canada Post Venture account. Like $5.00 more on eBay.Can I still purchase directly through C...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paying store fees in US or Cdn dollars?

I am in Canada and list mainly on .com but my store was registered on .com so I pay my store fees in US dollars, $24.95 US which is then converted to Cdn $. I receive money in both US and Cdn dollars in Paypal. I guess I should have changed my store ...

Puerto Rico lost package.

Hello, I have shipped a parcel to Puerto Rico for the first time, I never shipped there before and the buyer said that the package was never delivered, so I paid it back for all, the kit, the shipping and the taxes, I never lost a package in the mail...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lettermail Tips & Tricks

Because it would cost a minimum of $18 for me to send a one inch cube from Vancouver to Toronto (and this is WITH a small biz shipping discount...RIDICULOUS!!!), I get really, really, really creative and take some risks with lettermail.Since I sell c...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors