Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Hearing Aid Listing Cancelled

My listing for selling hearing aids was cancelled with the explanation that prescription items are not allowed. Upon reading their accompanying link it states that hearing aids can be listed provided that the FDA disclaimer is included in the descrip...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

How has my item sold to a Signapore Buyer? only put US as the international shipping option

How do I deal with this....I had an action up and it was slated to only ship to Canada and the U.S., but the winner of the auction is from Singapore. that changes the shipping price. I just found it weird that it wasn't sold to a US or Canadian buyer...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shippo replacement?

I have been using Shippo for years and was very satisfied with the service. No longer. Since they recently forced everyone to use the "upgraded" interface, features that once worked now fail and the service desk response has reached new lows. Key req...

New Seller - Shipping from Canada to US

Hi, I just made an eBay account and I could only understand how shipping would work in Canada.But eventually (actually pretty soon) I would want to be able to ship to USA but the problem is it's very confusing and the only option it would give me is ...

How do sellers manage cheaper shipping on low cost items?

Hello to everyone in the community or reading this thread. I am curious to know how sellers manage to give a cheap shipping cost to buyers on low cost items below $10.00. I would like to provide better options to my customers but the shipping cost is...

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Local Pickup & How to Send Invoice

I’m a fairly new seller and today will be my first time offering a local pickup in a public place.How do I send an invoice to the buyer or do they have to check out and select local shipping ? I asked buyer to check out and they said they don’t see a...

Shipping Defects and Covid 19

I sell stamps and ship a lot of $ 5-20 orders. If I was to add tracking, I would either make no money of make no sales because the buyer is not going to pay $15 + to add tracking. So I am at the mercy of the post office to get things to the customer ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help with seller hub

I have been resisting using seller hub, but I have been trying to use it this week and run into so many problems. 1) I find that the selling page is so wide I can only see it all with a small font, I have poor eyesight so I can't see it and with the ...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Are high value sellers still using cp expedited?

To the people who sell $500+ items, are you just using cp expedited? I checked out purolators rates but they weren't competitive at all, nobody will pay that so it's cp, but scared of inr bs (had some bad earlier experiences) with items I can't affor...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Are these boards hard to sign into for you too?

I've been having a brute getting signed into these boards for days now. Keeps sending me to the main forms whenever I try to sign in. Took me about 20 tries today to finally get here and actually signed in today...... sometimes no problems, sometimes...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is my buyer a scam?

I recently listed an item for $130 on eBay, it’s my first time selling. I got a bid and they asked me to text them. They sent me this message:“Alright thanks but I would love to have it mailed to my cousin in Oklahoma as a birthday gift,I want you to...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer did a charge back a couple of days after I shipped the item - curious about best next steps

Good evening.I sold an item to a US buyer and a couple of days after it shipped he did a charge back to PayPal claiming unauthorized purchase while it was still in transit. The item has tracking and Paypal has acknowledged the tracking and indicate t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not yet ready for prime time.

Ran across some discussion of this auctionbytes article on the dotCOM boards.https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/11/1604540462.html Maybe eBay Canada would be a good place to beta test this. Think Canada Post would go along?Would...

chinese sellers saying their location is in canada or the u.s.

seeing more & more sellers from china, hong kong etc. and seeing more & more saying in listings their location is in Canada or the U.S. why is this allowed ? it must be against ebay policy. doesn't ebay check these new sellers. or is it up to us to c...

5 Days expedited BC to Ont? what

Has something has changed? before ebay had adjusted delivery times for covid19, 10-15 up to 23 days now its switched to an impossible 5 day delivery estimates. Its 10 days cross country on a good day, ebay is estimating 5 days. Anyone notice this cha...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't add FREE shipping to Canada on android app.

Hi I am able to add FREE shipping to the US but not to Canada on the android app.I can choose the shipping method to canada but there is no option to ship FREE to Canada. So i end up putting $1.00 to Canada just to open up the listing to Canada. Is t...

Can I cancel a deal if the buyer is new/fishy?

Haven't sold for a while so I forgot the rules, but I'm selling a different category of goods I'm new in, with more scammers I've read, had enough problems before with having to refund/partial refund to keep a good rating because I knew ebay would al...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lost Package at ISC San Francisco. Options?

It appears I've lost a rather pricey, rare item at ISC San Francisco. It was handled by Canada Post and went by tracked air mail from Canada to the US. Last scan was October 20th at ISC San Francisco. My customer hasn't received it. I read advice on ...

Item Not Received Request

I had a buyer put in for an item not received - they didn't contact me first. I sent copies of the mailing label and receipt from the post office as proof of mailing, however, they asked Ebay for a refund and Ebay paid them because Ebay said I didn't...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

open box listing usage question

I have a bunch of things I used for maybe 1 to 2 hours then put back in the box, not a scratch on them. so the ebay definition is An item in excellent, new condition with no wear. The item may be missing the original packaging or protective wrapping,...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay issue over charging on shipping fees

Hi every oneRecently from OCT24 I have notice and having issue with the amount of fees charged on shipping and Ebay reps just passing from one person to next only one did understand what the problem is and acknowledged it that they are having issue b...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

LITHIUM BATTERIES and Canada Post

Update to Canada Post International Lithium Battery Policy Due to safety concerns, lithium batteries installed in devices will no longer be accepted in international mail. Note that lithium batteries installed in a device may be mailed to the U.S. as...

Merchant Support phones disconnecting today Nov 2nd

I've been disconnected 3 times today while on the phone with Merchant Support team.The 3rd member said the phone system has been acting up, logs are not updated and the system has been restarted twice today already... then we got cut off lol. just he...

Official Updates from Canada Post - Nov 2, 2020

Modifications to surcharges for bulky items during peak season Canada Post is adjusting three existing surcharges for the 2020 holiday season to address additional handling requirements for larger, bulkier items. These changes will be in effect from ...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors