Forum Posts

Resolved! Tracking Incorrect in Sold Item Details

Is it common for tracking on sold items shipped within Canada to show delivered on the CP website, but not on your sold item's tracking details?It's been over a week since it was delivered and showing as such on the CP website, but it's still showing...

Condition is Used

I think I'll blow a gasket if I read "Condition is Used" in the description of any more listings. Don't these sellers realise that the condition is the second piece of the information after the title of their listing? Why repeat it, usually with no f...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Item cannot be delivered

I have an item where delivery was attempted Status: Item out for Delivery. The next status was No Access. So the delivery was attempted but couldn't be completed. It hasn't turned into an issue yet but I'd like to be proactive. In this instance as th...

Using ebay.ca when posting my item. Help

Hi, I am a new seller and trying to get started.I am in Canada and I am trying to use ebay.ca to post my item. However, as I go through the steps and fill out the details, I get to the shipping part and when I want to calculate shipping, there is not...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are buyers using programs to make offers?

Is there such a thing as buyers using computer programs to make offers on eBay listings? I've had about three encounters all from different people that follow the same formula: Buyer makes offer. I see the offer and make a counter offer. I also leave...

Selling and trying to get blood from a stone.

Sometimes I don't get why is it so hard to not buy/bid on something you don't want or don't pay for on ebay. It seems endless on items I try to sell. I know this post sounds a little ranty but I keep getting buyers who either ghost me or just simply ...

US Internet Sales Tax

"Starting in November 2019, the way taxable transactions to US buyers are processed and how taxes are collected for remittance will change, as follows: In states where eBay is required to collect Internet Sales Tax from buyers, order totals sent for ...

Resolved! Advice on returns

I have a buyer who has not received a package mailed in August. She has been very patient but now I need to refund her, but the transaction is no longer on my eBay page. I am not sure how to go about it, I would like not to lose my fees if I can help...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Duplicate Listing Tool

Not sure if this has been posted recently but was reminded of it on the dot com board, if you are ever in need of doing a quick check of your listings for duplicates. Works like like a charm!!! https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm ...

option to have purchase order discount? ie get 15% off total order when spending above a certain $

As the subject says, I cannot find the option for me to run a promotion where you can give a certain percentage off the total order if the customers spend X amount of money in your store.. For example, I would like to give a 15% off total order when ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone used Chit Chats for Australia recently?

Just looked up CCE rates for sending a 750g package to Australia and it's $32.56 with Asendia International Priority Tracked, whereas with Canada Post Small Packet Air 1kg it's $43.67. Have anyone shipped to Australia lately? Did it arrive in a reaso...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chit Chats Tracking Not Updating - Will This Affect Top Rated Seller Status?

I have 5 packages sent last week with ChitChats, where tracking is not updating on Ebay. I've been using ChitChats for months without issue - all other tracking is fine - it's only last weeks that only show I've only entered tracking (despite showing...

Resolved! Newcoming seeking advice on mailing from Canada to U.S.

Hello, I'm completely new to this and would really appreciate any advice. I've listed items that are collectibles: magazine-sized sports programmes that were in my grandfather's belongings. I opened up the bidding to U.S. buyers to broaden the market...

Possible scam?

Hey guys. I just got a sale and was preparing a shipping label. The buyers info looked bizarre, and upon googling the address I uncovered a landfill of people claiming it as a scam. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this apparent infamous ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Opened a store on the wrong site

So I mistakenly opened a store on ebay.com instead of .ca and it's causing nothing but headaches. I have all my listings on ebay.ca and as a result, now every listing I make is being charged insertion fees. I have chatted with support 3 times now and...

okay right ya....

So had a item pulled today for identifying the particular color of a part. A part on an item that helps define the item, that color being part of the description of the itemhas a specific name, it being that color.So if I can not call it (color)what ...

Return request with unbelievable reasons

A buyer requested to return two depression candlesticks by claiming that they seem not authentic and one is taller then the other.I contacted eBay and the representative told to ask the buyer to prove his claim.Why not just be truthful and say he/she...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where is the "View PayPal Transaction" option in the transaction drop down menu?

The link is gone from my transaction options. Does anyone else have this issue? I have to log into Paypal through a separate window and search down a transaction to give a refund now. Before I could click the link and it would take me right to the tr...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

advice on adding more pictures

Recently I have found that when I add pictures to my listings, there are only 8 boxes. They will still add 12 pictures. The problem comes when I want to add an extra picture, and even if it say I can add more, I can't find a way to do it.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller's advice needed for chargeback on delivered item

Hi all - I've got a dilemma I would like to seek some advice on. I've been selling on eBay on and off for probably close to 10 years and have never had an issue until now. Long story short, I sold an item, was paid via Paypal and shipped said item in...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada to US shipping

Hello, I am interested learning what is missing service wise with the current providers ( Chit Chats, Stallion Express etc). I am looking into establishing a competitive business and would like to be able to offer a service that meets as many needs a...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Unable to open messages on phone

Anyone has this problem? I got an eBay email notification about a buyer sent me a message and I'm trying to reply, but the website kept looping back to the home page despite I also tried to click the message link. Also, "classic view" didn't work. An...

• 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Advice for Seller Shipping from Canada AND USA

I live near the US border, and have the option to ship via USPS to US customers. I'm uncertain of the correct way to post these items, so that both my American and Canadian customers have access. Two options I can think of:A) List on CA, selecting St...

Labels