Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Protecting sellers during Covid 19

What is eBay doing to protect sellers for delayed shipments during covid 19? I have buyers counting the days and taking advantage by opening disputes ASAP. Further, if I can prove purchase of a shipping label, why does eBay refund my shipping fees?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

The buyer did not recognize the transaction

This morning I got notice that a dispute has been opened against me from via the buyer's payment provider. The only reason I have "The buyer did not recognize the transaction". Am I really on the hook for fraudulent purchases? Note that I am on Manag...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay countries excluded not updating correctly

Is anyone else having this problem? When I apply the countries excluded list from my shipping preferences to all my listings it works correctly, but I have some items I want to allow to be shipped to any country. When I edit those listings individual...

Customers can not see the sizes

Hi everyone Recently I get many emails asking for the item's size, eventhough I specify all the details in item's specific section or drop down menu but still so many people seem not to see them, I was wondering if anyone else experience the same thi...

EBAY CHAT

I would just like to say a good word about Ebay Chat. When I have had problems in the past itmean't phoning Ebay and sometimes with long waits. I have used the "chat" twice in the lastcouple of months to resolve problems, the last one regarding fees ...

Resolved! Change of Address - Should I Cancel?

I sold something and my buyer sent me a message about an hour after the sale stating her address is wrong, so she messaged me the correct one.I recall reading here that the address the seller ships to need to match the PayPal & Ebay address for selle...

Can't find item so what would you do?

I listed a CD 5 years ago which I just sold. I still have it but it is lost in the thousands that I do have. I have on occasion cancelled the sale as out of stock and took the hit. Other times I have found CD's on other sites and had them mailed to t...

unfair feedback

i have had an ebay store for nearly ten years now.i deal primarily in used semi and snowmobile parts.recently i have had to end my ebay relationship due to the effects of poor feedback.i had sent a truck component out in three packages due to weight....

Is it not possible to list variations on eBay.ca?

I am a new seller who wants to offer variations to my listing but when I make a new listing on eBay.ca I do not see an option to do so. If I make a sample listing on eBay.com then the variation option is clearly visible. My product is in the health a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

A simple question- Why has buyer feedback, an action taking only a few seconds fallen to so low?

I know it is not critical for sales, but please tell me why positive feedback from buyers is almost gone? Over the past year I no longer expect it despite a successful transaction. At the least the feedback indicates arrival of an item , especially w...

Recent eBay Observations

Observation 1: In the past when a customer wanted to cancel a transaction, I believe a reason was displayed. This seems to be no longer the case. Personally, this information should be relevant for a seller to choose if they wish to accept or not.(Ma...

Resolved! Free Shipping Tuesdays in Oct is Back

12 DAYS TO GOFree Shipping Tuesdays start soon.Are you ready? Send one free parcel within Canada, every Tuesday in October.You can only redeem this offer by preparing your shipping labels using Canada Post Snap Ship™. Check early to see if you can ac...

Shipping to Israel

I have a request to ship an expensive item to Israel and I'm about to tell her sure, I can do that, but before I give her the OK to go ahead and buy thought I'd post here and ask if anyone has any cautions in doing so.I've never shipped to Israel bef...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Zero feedback buyers

Anyone knows what's up with these? They generally have no feedback; some have 1-2 pseudo-positive, but it seemingly was left when sellers couldn't leave negative feedback. (the information usually says "never paid," "no communication," or something i...

Providing feedback on the transaction

After my first selling experience, I noticed the FEEDBACK on the transaction only provided 80 characters and you only have a choice between POSITIVE or REPORT BUYER. There is no choice for NEGATIVE feedback and even when you tried to use the 2000 cha...

Fun, interesting? selling stories....

Something reminded me of this situation today so I thought I'd procrastinate from other stuff I should be doing and open an "interesting/fun" selling stories. Here's the one that came to mind. Long time customer purchases $20 - $30 worth of material ...

• 8 replies
  • 8 helpful

USPS vs Canada Post

Two shipments both sent off the same day Oct 3, USPS cost $2.77 USD and was delivered Oct 7/17 in Kansas from Blaine Washington. The other was sent expedited using the free Tues, would have cost $15 Cdn and it wont be delivered until the 17th. Now ho...

delivery.jpg delivery.jpg
Labels