Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Cancellation Request

Hey, Just had an auction finish, the winning bidder paid but now has buyer's remorse (their dog just went to the vet, etc.). How can I refund them and offer the item to the next highest bidder? Thanks so much

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Glitch or should I be concerned

I shipped an item recently with tracking via Canada Post. It's been paid for and all good in Shippo but when I go to view the tracking in CP - it says Item not found. Never had this happen before so not sure if just a CP glitch or something may have ...

managed payments

HAVEN,T HAD ANY SALES AT ALL SINCE EBAY "MANAGED PAYMENTS" BEGAN. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM AND ARE BUYERS HAVING TROUBLE USING IT?

appeals and 30 day time limits

I am at my wits end with a transaction I had on May 11th, with a New Zealand customer, who outbid at last minute, when I only sell in North America right now. The difficulties started with trying to get a label, Paypal would not work for New Zealand ...

Resolved! Question about managed payment card

I have just found that my credit card on eBay has expired. When I am asked to join MP, so I need to bank account to have a credit card? The one I use now is my husbands, but I have never had to use it. My bank account now doesn't have a cc.

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

No USA exposure on E Bay .CA ?????

Hi I had/have a booming Ebay.com store averaging 8K a month in sales. With managed payments I can no longer list on .com as I do not have an American EIN or SSI #. So I opened up an ebay.ca store. Very disappointing. Anything I list on .ca cannot be ...

Question: I see 10,000 FREE listings for three sites Com, CA and French CA - Can I list on Com?

Question: I see 10,000 FREE listings for three sites Com, CA and French CA - Can I list thoseon Com? In the fine print it states that the FREE listings are only good in which country I reside, which is Canada. So does that mean when my thousands of l...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone else having issues with contacting buyers?

For the third time in a week, i have messaged a buyer multiple times (using 'Contact Buyer' within the transaction) with no response! Seems fishy!The first couple of times it was to clarify multiple orders... just went ahead after no response. But th...

When will ebay Canada get more promotion options ie : shipping discount, volume pricing, coupon

I have noticed that on my listed listed on the ebay.com website I have the option to create more than just sale event + markdown they have the following feature on the create a promotion tab 1) order discount 2) shipping discount 3) volume pricing 4)...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Stamps Not Allowed On Parcels? Genuine CPC Notice or Lazy Employee?

So I sent a parcel the other day, and had about $9 worth of stamps on it, and the guy behind the counter went through this long drawn out monologue how Canada Post issued a notice and that next time he wouldn't be able to allow me to use the stamps. ...

coin are not collectibles?

Today I was surprised as eBay charged me with more than 20 insertion fees.I thought that I have 10000 insertions fee free as I sold coins and paper money.I made a chat and they informed me that coins and paper money are not more collectiblesThen I ha...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Offer For Sellers Till End Of Year

So I just got an offer for 10,000 free listings till the end of the year. Only problem is it is restricted to certain categories that I hardly use (listed below). It was for a Basic Store. Wonder if the other stores get different categories.Sell in t...

Item Stuck in German Customs (DEFRAA) since June 13

I shipped an item to a customer in Germany via Canada Post Tracked Packet International on June 8, 2018. Last tracking update from CPC was June 13:2018/06/13 17:56 DEFRAA, Germany Item has arrived in foreign country Buyer opened an INR case on July 1...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

managed payments and buyer disputes

i have not yet registered with MP but i am wondering about buyer disputes !if a buyer files a dispute on a purchase on ebay , how does ebay handle the funds in the linked bank account ? do they withdraw the money right away and refund a buyer before ...

• 0 replies
  • 2 helpful

What's Up With MP Deposits?

Missed my first MP payout deposit yesterday. eBay says it was sent but my bank account says otherwise. Has been fairly predictable for the first couple weeks of daily (weekday) payouts. I posted on a Facebook group and a bunch of others said "me too"...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Using iphone to list

My iphone 8 takes way better pictures than my good nikon camera so I was wondering if I could list using my iphone. Now I am just taking pictures with my iphone then emailing them to myself to list using desktop. There must be a better way. I have th...

Chit Chat rate much higher than CP rate?

Just got a sale of 6kg worth of comic books to US. When I look up shipping rate, thinking that CCE would be cheaper, CCE surprisingly gave me a quote for USPS Parcel Select $75.64, while Shippo with Canada Post Expedited Parcel is only $44.29... is t...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! paypal shipping

i use PayPal for both domestic and international shipping, Canada Post and UPS. Shipping with Canid Post is always kinda pricy but it is what it is. But lately, ive notice some odd charges from PayPal when using shipping. Sending a package to Toronto...

Have an odd feeling about a sale.

Could be total paranoia as honestly, I've been doing some research on scams as my topic of the week to learn more about ebay. But I made a sale this morning that just gives me a weird feeling. It was bought from a guy who hasn't had feedback since 20...

how does the global shipping program protect a seller

i am wondering about sellers saying that they feel protected by the global shipping program ! how are they protected ? lets say that a seller ships an item under the global shipping and it arrives damaged to the buyer ! who will be responsible for th...

Resolved! Question about store subscriptions

When the offer of 50,000 free listings came up a few months ago, I changed my premium store subscription to basic. Now I need to change it back to premium. Is there a preferred date to do that? My invoice payment usually comes out on the 15th of the ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

MISSING ITEM SPECIFICS.

On my overview page, which is where l like to go, Ebay has shown everything that l am selling asking me to complete ‘missing item specifics’. Now it stands to reason, if l knew what they were l would have added them myself. Maybe Ebay should add them...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

How many ID's do you sell under?

I have my main selling ID which does good, I set up another one also to sell CD's and have a few listed but of course it has only a few sales. I set it up as when I was nearing my 1000 limit and wanted to get a few more of the free listings. Now that...

Consumer Spending - Report on Business G&M

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-the-post-lockdown-consumer-how-the-global-crisis-has-changed/ An excellent article, behind a paywall unfortunately but the paper is on newstands now, on Consumer Spending during the pandemic and possib...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors