Forum Posts

Is ebay.com down for anyone else?

Hi. I am just getting 404 Not Found message when I try to go to ebay.comI also tried a few links from images on Google for items listed on .com and got the same message. I visited a few websites like DownDetector and haven't seen many problems report...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with Managed Payment Listing Fees

Hi everyone, I want to clarify how Managed Payments fees will work. (I have already read the various help articles). Putting insertion fees aside, is the fee for typical categories (ex. Cell Accessories) 12.35% of the final sale + $0.30CAD? I am just...

Being Scammed By Buyer

Hi everyone,I just tried selling a product. I got an offer from a buyer that gave me their phone number. I accepted the offer and texted them (this is my first time selling on eBay. I'm used to selling on kijiji so I assumed contacting the buyer dire...

CAN A BUYER FILE A DISPUTE AFTER HAVING LEFT A POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON THE PURCHASED IT ?

i sold an item and after purchaser receives item the purchaser leaves positive feedback saying item arrived and all as described .20 days later files a dispute saying item not as described because it was missing a knob . i thought that when a buyer l...

Sales tax information in listing description

Hi all,I’m not a new seller to ebay but i am newly registered for GST/HST in canada and PST in various provincesMy question is not about collecting sales tax but what we need to show in our ebay listing description about the sales tax that will be co...

Resolved! Buyer's address is local but lives internationally

Hi guys! I just had a quick question as I'd like to know all the info I can before anything possibly happens. I had a buyer purchase an item for $600, paid right away and the address on Paypal is in the same province as me. Tracking info was uploaded...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

NOT AS DESCRIBED DISPUTES AFTER POSITIVE FEEDBACK RECEIVED

WHAT CAN A SELLER DO TO PROTECT HIMSELF FROM A CASE WHERE I SOLD AN ITEM UNDER THE HEADING OF FOR PARTS OR BUYER RESTORATION . THE BUYER RECEIVES THE ITEM AND LEAVES ME A POSITIVE FEEDBACK SAYING ITEM ARRIVED AND ALL AS DESCRIBED .THEN APRX. 20 DAYS ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are we getting another 200 free listings for June?

I thought we were getting another 200 free listings for June like we got in April and May. Am I wrong? If I am, I’ll have to start ending some items on my non-store account! If we are getting more, where do I activate it? Nothing on my Hub under prom...

Whats Managed Payments All about

I just got the ebay email saying they are converting to Managed Payments, and I have until July to sign up. Is this eBay's attempt to get around Paypal? After 20 years, and a rough start, Paypal is now a good service that works (unlike eBay's frequen...

No estimated delivery time on my order.. what do you do??

So i bought 3 items, from a seller in Quebec, selling on dot.com, with international shipping, and all 3 of my items say no estimate of delivery available.. I assume because he is in Canada and says he is shipping from the USA, back to Canada, it is ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

June 1: Canada Post fuel surcharge drops another 2%

If you wait until Monday (June 1, 2020) Canada Post parcel labels will be cheaper. Regular and Expedited parcel for Canada will see the fuel surcharge drop another 2%Out of country Tracked Packet and Expedited Parcel will see a 1% drop.The new rates ...

Managed Payments

Hey I am just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the following..I have recently signed up for the managed payments ( since it is going to be mandatory I figured I may as well get on with it) and now have access to the info on what to do to get...

Resolved! Buyer's Remorse Nightmare

Hello! Hoping to get some assistance from tyler@ebay on this one. A few days ago, a buyer opened nine return requests for a series of items that were originally purchased on March 4, with "Found a better price" and "Changed my mind" as the stated rea...

EBAY MANAGED PAYMENT

IS THIS MANDATORY ? can a seller refuse to sign up for managed payment ? is there any advantage for sellers to sign up for MP versus staying with pay pal ?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Changing or Editing Variations Should Be Easier

I have a listing that is showing the dropdown as "Size (Women's)", I want to change it to "Size" or "Size Men's" but it's not allowing me. I deleted the "Size (Women's)" but I don't see "Size" in the list to choose from. I tried to "Add My Own Attrib...

Shipping Rate Tables

I am trying to create two shipping rate tables for a few heavy-ish items. I managed to create a domestic one for Canada (charging a different rate depending on the region), and an international one for the US (charging the same rate for the whole cou...

Canada Post Holding Lettermail Deliveries Hostage- Then Charging Buyer Package Rates to Release!

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I'd like some of the longtime sellers that regularily use domestic lettermail to chime in! These aren't my sales, but rather purchases by someone on one of my buy/sell groups. She buys small cosmetics tha...

VERO Parallel Import Policy violation

Hello allI would appreciate it if someone can explain this to me.I was hit with 3 Vero Parallel Import policy violations yesterday."Importing certain products from other countries without the rights owners permission may violate their import intellec...

Resolved! PO Box Without a Steet Address???

I have a buyer in Sacramento, CA and their address is just a PO Box number...no street address. With this Zipcode: 95834-8763Is this a valid address in such a large city?

Resolved! Will be still be able to use Paypal when Managed payments start?

This really is getting too complicated for me, I am not sure I can still keep selling on eBay. I don't want to sell on .ca, I tried that a few years ago and the .com sales in US dollars was much better. I don't have a US bank account and I don't know...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer opened refund case about not received item...item was delivered a day after opening the case.

Hello, so last night I got a message from eBay saying that a buyer has opened a refund case, went to check and it was about a non received item, thought it was weird so I went to check the shipping code and it stated that during that day (May 26th) t...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bid from a country I have blocked

I have a few auctions listed at the moment, and I have a bid on some china and the buyer is in a country I have blocked. I am wondering how that can happen? I have sent them a message a couple of days ago saying that I don't ship to South Korea, but ...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! offer settings on items listed

HiI am trying to figure out the best way to set my offer settings on my items. On the listing form (basic form as I don't have a store). I always use the buy it now feature add a price and then options shows up when i click on that it says what is th...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

CA-CHING ! cash register sound for sellers

About the 10th of May, as I remember, the eBay app on my older android phone was missing from my home screen, and when I sold something no CA-CHING ! sound of the cash register occurred.Not knowing why, I attempted to re-load the eBay.ca app, and was...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels