Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS...

Good morning ebay community, buyers and sellers and friends! I had my account restricted this morning because Ebay sent me a message stating that my 1982 Small Date Doubled Die Reverse was a fake. REALLY? A FAKE? Why, because I choose not to send it ...

Can’t find item i’ve posted when i search

I’m getting frustrated. I randomly audit my ads to ensure they are coming up, that key word searches work, and to assess competition.Today i type in ‘Lego batman city cycle’ in the search bar find my ad titled: ‘LEGO 76053 Gotham City Cycle Chase Bat...

Nothing but dishonest buyers if you don't ship with tracking?

Hello all, This is my first post here (I think), and may very well be my last. I have been using eBay since roughly 2004-05. I can't remember my original ID, but I made it when I was 14, so I can't remember the login details, let alone the e-mail I u...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

GST/HST/PST and INCOME TAX for eBay Sellers

If you sell your own used personal items on eBay (and elsewhere) this thread is not for you. Sales of used personal items are generally not taxable. Here is a quick summary of taxation rules in Canada as they apply to sellers who purchase goods for r...

• 129 replies
  • 12 helpful

German Customs, what does one need?

I've heard German customs are very thorough when it comes to inspecting parcels. What sort of paperwork do I need to get a used DVD processed quicker? My last shipment (which was my first) I sent a packing slip both inside and outside the package. Th...

Resolved! How to request: limitations selling multiple similar items

just puzzling over how to best do this, forgive the stupidityI have a truckload of loose action figures, including many duplicates which are the same but maybe not exact due to condition (scuff, loose joint etc)I had considered putting them as variat...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Message about $5 discount

I had a sale by a new buyer last night, and there is a message on it saying that the $5 discount didn't go through and giving me the code. There is nothing I can do about that can I? What should I tell them to do? I presume it is an eBay discount not...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stolen Property on ebay - Macbook Pro

I just saw a listing on ebay for an iCloud locked Macbook Pro.The serial number was shown in one of the pictures.When I checked the serial Number on CPIC stolen database it came up as stolen. CPIC website: http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformpr...

USPS delays and lost parcels, "inbound out of customs"

Hi everyone, I know there are significant delays due to COVID-19 in both Canada and USA. Even during strikes, it was never this bad in terms of mail delay. Has anyone noticed that USPS is tragically unorganized and slow as of late? I called USPS twic...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! About Possible Promotion for FVF Discount

I seem to recall that someone posted that there is a current promotion which gives the seller a reduction on FVFs but I can't find the post. Does anyone know if there is a such a promotion going on at this time?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

only way to login is using the one off password

today, l cannot login to ebay. l get as far as entering my password, then is says, error comeback later. So, l got in using the one off password to my cell phone. All’s fine this way, l can get in. so, l suppose this is what l have to do in future no...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

PROBLEMS SIGNING IN

tyler@ebay Hi Tyler, I'm having problems signing in to access features on eBay like seller hub or switching from one account to another when I am on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. It finally accepted my sign-in on Google Chrome. I keep getting:...

Resolved! About FVFs and Discounts

When an item is listed via Best Offer, does the seller pay final value fees on the original price or the discounted price?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question about selling practices.

Is it allowed by Ebay or at least common practice to sell damaged goods under a "Like New" condition banner? If you received such products in such a scenario where the seller noted the damage but you missed reading it beyond the "Like New", would you...

Ad Fees Promoted Listings

Made an interesting observation on looking at the fees on my Account Activity Page. All of my listings are created on dot ca. I sold a book tonight that was a promoted listing with the 1% rate. This is what displays. The FVF's are based on 10.00 CAD....

Address by buyer was wrong, package came back, WWYD?

I sent off a CD to a new buyer and it came back as no such address. I double checked and that is the address on ebay/paypal file. What to do now? I checked google and she put in the wrong postal code. I have emailed the buyer regarding the address. W...

Is the USA "international"?

Normally I ship worldwide, but today I found that somehow my standard Flat Rate of $9.99 has been dropped . I don't know what is happening with Calculated Rates for tracked items, but since those start at $14.15, I'm feeling nervous. I know I can edi...

ebay.CA 25% OFF FVF promo for listings sold by June 11

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2020/0511/hotproducts.html Invite only. Check your email or promo section.25% off FVF on up to 1000 sales.Listing fees do apply if you are over your free limit(s). Only for items listed (after activating) and sold in the f...

how to copy my Title in my ebay Description.

Hi, I would like to know if there is a HTML code for being able to copy my listing title into my listing description, because mostly of the time I only need to change the name of my item in my description in order to make is successful. Example: TITL...

Resolved! Views Not Showing Up

Hello,None of the views are showing up on any of my listings. It just shows up as a dashed line, however all my watchers are still showing up. Any idea why? Josh

Labels