Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Why do Canadian shippers to the USA pay a VAT tax on our seller account

Why do Canadian shippers to the USA pay a VAT tax on our seller account? I pay 32.40 C for my USA store as a Canadian. I was told that the store is 21.95 US and that would make it $29.40 US and then Ebay.com adds a Vat tax of 3.18 Why do we Canadians...

Resolved! This is not my day, another wrong address. What do I do?

On top of the previous posts about an incorrect address to France, I now have buyer asking for a refund for an item not received. As I always do, I apologized and then copied and pasted her address on Paypal and asked if it was her correct address. I...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipment Delay Requested

Buyer has paid for an item, but requested a one-month delay in shipment while they travel abroad. Is there any way to do this while avoiding the late-shipment black mark?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unpaid Item Dispute

I sold an item on eBay back in January. The buyer sent a paypal transfer, then cancelled it after I shipped the item. The buyer also requested a refund because of a false claim that the item was not as described, the dispute was resolved in my favour...

Wrong address

My husband just mailed a package to France for me, now I get a message from the buyer to say that the address is wrong. It was mailed with small package rate. He is on his way back, hopefully it hasn't gone out yet, but how do I change the address on...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal Canada Policy Updates

email received from PayPal today outliningAMENDMENTS TO CERTAIN CANADIAN PAYPAL AGREEMENTSincluded in this update is the following: "We are establishing that if merchants refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, ...

About Layaways

Is there a way to do eBay layaways within the system? It's easy for me to take a downpayment and then issue PP payment requests when the buyer is ready but does eBay have a method for this? I'd really like to agree to this buyer's request.

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

This message is a glitch: Update your listings now to ensure they comply with recent security, polic

I got both a email and an ebay message with this title: Update your listings now to ensure they comply with recent security, policy and listing requirements updates. Inside the message is:Hi ricarmic, Some of your listings need to be updated in order...

• 2 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! New Taxes to the US ??!!!!

On my 1st sale to the US (California) in a long time, My sale and payment info shows I’m paying a tax…on already slim profit margins on what I’m selling… I’m Canadian, Selling in effect personal items that should be except from GST or provincial taxe...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Promo Feb 8-9 - 3 Items Zero Fees

his just showed up in my personal email. Began last night at midnight. It was also ready to be activated in Seller's Hub but no sign as of yet of an email in eBay. For all that qualify, good luck. TERMS AND CONDITIONS *Insertion and optional advanced...

ZeroFees.JPG

Couple Shipping questions

Couple shipping questions as a seller If you offer free shipping. How are fees handled, does Ebay not collect fees on shipping when shipping is free? I don't see UPS as a option when creating a listing. How does one notify the buyer that this is the ...

ChitCats Tracking

For those of you that use ChitChats, what tracking number do you enter in ebay?Chitchats provides a link to their internal tracking (I'm guessing that's for the seller), but they also provide a tracking number that goes to the Canada Post website, bu...

Pay Pal Issues

Has anyone else been having issues with getting on to Pay Pal website. Have been trying for 10 hours on and off with no luck. All other websites I have had no problems. Used different computer and different browsers and no luck. Talked for about a ha...

How can I create a return shipping label in Canada Post. Canada to Canada Shipment.

Hi I would like to create a return label in Shippo. But it does not appear to work with Canada Post. Is there anyway to do it in Canada Post EST? It likes to keep my return address info when I try it there. The buyer who wants to make the return is a...

Worldwide seller risk to BRICS

Hello,My name is Matthew, I've been stalking the boards for some time and I've gone several hundred (or thousands) post deep for advice and wisdom from those that have been in the eBay market for a while. Right now im in the process of creating a bus...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

how to make it ship to Canada and the USA only

just started on ebay, I want to sell to only Canada and the USA, on my add I put Canada and international, and now I'm worried that I may get a buyer from somewhere overseas where it costs me a fortune to ship the item, can anyone assist?

Resolved! Shipping to the US not showing up.

Hi,Just wondering if anyone else is having this glitch: All of my listings with Expedited shipping or tracked packet to the US does not give the shipping rate. I sold a couple of items yesterday that people thought the shipping was free since there w...

Buyer lied about item condition to get a full refund.

-I videotaped that the item worked.-I sent the item to the buyer.-The buyer forced a return, claimed not working.-I received it, recorded unpacking, turn it on... it work. But there is damage to the item. (Was brand new)-Called Ebay, asked what to do...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

New Listing Promo by invation only

List up to 500 auction-style listings for FREE! Start Date * End Date List auction-style, plus add BIN for free. Excludes 1-day and 3-day listing durations. Learn More - List up to 500 auction-style listings for FREE!- opens in new window or tab 6-Fe...

THIS IS WHY EBAY STOCK WENT UP, THIS COULD BE INTERESTING

From CBC Business NewsNYSE owner reportedly bids to buy eBay for $30B Online marketplace has faced pressure to unlock value for shareholdersThomson Reuters · Posted: Feb 04, 2020 3:47 PM ET | Last Updated: 5 hours agoThe owner of the New York Stock E...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

there must be something i can do

i sold a very rare Sony short wave radio. O.N.S 15 +years old ,never used in its original box.buyer claimed that the radio arrived damaged , buyer filed a complaint with UPS which denied the claim. returned the radio to me and it was damaged beyond r...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay stealing my money in broad daylight !

I sent my item ($116.00 CAD) to Great Britain by post cheapest parcel without tracking number / insurance as my buyer asked for. Yes, he asked and agreed for this post service at his own risk if not delivered, lost, stolen during transit.After 3 week...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

NetParcel - HOW TO USE IT TO GET THOSE SAVINGS??

I have tried several combinations recently in the NetParcel official shipping calculatorand every single parcel has been more expensive than my CP/paypal shipping labeland tiny small business discount. What am I doing wrong? I have seen people state ...

Resolved! Buyer Fraud.

I currently have a case pending that I will shortly escalate. A buyer in Finland with 2 Feedbacks (one mine and one from another Canadian coin dealer) opened a non delivery case with both of us. Both of us shipped the items around the same time. As m...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors