Forum Posts

How to avoid PayPal US$ to CAD$ convertion fees?

Hey guys! So most of my sales are in US$ and I'm a Canadian seller. I opened a US$ bank account at RBC thinking I could transfer my US$ from PayPal to this account and avoid the currency exchange rate. It appears even with a US$ bank account and tran...

Resolved! sold items (10 day auction) not appearing as sold, therefore cannot get paid.

I just sold 4 items tonight. All were 10 day auctions. Whenever I have sold an item in the past 15 years, it always went straight to my SOLD list. This is the first time I have seen this happen, all 4 are now ended and in my UNSOLD list and appear wi...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dropping parcels in post boxes

I have read on Canada Post's website, as well as these very boards, that you are able to drop your parcels into the big red post boxes instead of taking them to the post office (provided they fit, of course). I take all my outgoing parcels to the pos...

Canada Seller, Ships from Canada, List as US Seller?

I was not sure how to title this. I am a Seller in Canada. I ship everything from here. List on Ebay.ca, because Ebay reps told me my items show on .Com & .Ca. I was paying the Ebay.com store price for a while cause I accidently signed up there, but ...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

PayPal packing slip

I have recently noticed that when I print out the Paypal packing slip that there is unnecessary information now being printed at the top and bottom. The top has the information that is usually at the top of Paypal pages, et. My Account Summary, Activ...

• 27 replies
  • 1 helpful

The RIGHT way to ship items

Just thought I would drop a little note here in case there are newbies to eBay who have questions on shipping items. We run a facebook group for resellers and I often see people asking how they should pack items - from mugs to posters to shoes to chi...

• 3 replies
  • 3 helpful

My rant for what it is worth.

You know the old story of the person banging their head against a brick wall and being asked, "why do you do it?" The reply being, "because it feels so good when you stop." That is exactly how I feel about my recent dealing with the automatons at eBa...

Shopping cart in store?

Hello, this is my first post, I beg patience if I don’t word this exactly right. I used to have a store, years ago, but have recently opened another to help a family member liquidate her mother in law’s estate. Anyway, I have had two US buyers buy mu...

Delivery Delay on a Batch of Packages Due to Weather- Can Seller Shipping Defects Be Removed?

I recently sent a large batch of packages with ChitChats from Vancouver to Ontario (4 to Toronto area , 1 to Ottawa area). All had a Canada Post Regular Post delivery timeframes indicated (4-7 business days). We had a snowfall last week so it delayed...

Resolved! Transaction number for non-tracking packages

A while ago I saw that someone said they put in a number for a non-tracked package, I think they said it was beside the price, can someone tell me where that number is? Is it "order number", "Authorization code"?

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Strange watcher numbers

Is anyone else seeing strange numbers in their watchers amounts? Beginning on the first page I have a couple of 10's, then a few 9's, then several 8's and so on until it gets to lots of 1's and then 3 pages of zeros. These are all in systematic order...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sometimes it pays to pick up the phone

Pre phone call:-Got an ebay preapproved return request, buyer says they changed their mind they wanted a different lot than the one they purchased and apologized in the message in the return request.-A few minutes later they purchased a larger lot, p...

• 2 replies
  • 6 helpful

Resolved! Review Sent Offers not working

I have been using the Send Offers option lately, and having some success with generating new sales. However, after making the offers, there is no tracking of what offers were made. The option rightly appears called "Review Sent Offers", but no data i...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why do Canadian shippers to the USA pay a VAT tax on our seller account

Why do Canadian shippers to the USA pay a VAT tax on our seller account? I pay 32.40 C for my USA store as a Canadian. I was told that the store is 21.95 US and that would make it $29.40 US and then Ebay.com adds a Vat tax of 3.18 Why do we Canadians...

Resolved! This is not my day, another wrong address. What do I do?

On top of the previous posts about an incorrect address to France, I now have buyer asking for a refund for an item not received. As I always do, I apologized and then copied and pasted her address on Paypal and asked if it was her correct address. I...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipment Delay Requested

Buyer has paid for an item, but requested a one-month delay in shipment while they travel abroad. Is there any way to do this while avoiding the late-shipment black mark?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unpaid Item Dispute

I sold an item on eBay back in January. The buyer sent a paypal transfer, then cancelled it after I shipped the item. The buyer also requested a refund because of a false claim that the item was not as described, the dispute was resolved in my favour...

Wrong address

My husband just mailed a package to France for me, now I get a message from the buyer to say that the address is wrong. It was mailed with small package rate. He is on his way back, hopefully it hasn't gone out yet, but how do I change the address on...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal Canada Policy Updates

email received from PayPal today outliningAMENDMENTS TO CERTAIN CANADIAN PAYPAL AGREEMENTSincluded in this update is the following: "We are establishing that if merchants refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, ...

About Layaways

Is there a way to do eBay layaways within the system? It's easy for me to take a downpayment and then issue PP payment requests when the buyer is ready but does eBay have a method for this? I'd really like to agree to this buyer's request.

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

This message is a glitch: Update your listings now to ensure they comply with recent security, polic

I got both a email and an ebay message with this title: Update your listings now to ensure they comply with recent security, policy and listing requirements updates. Inside the message is:Hi ricarmic, Some of your listings need to be updated in order...

• 2 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! New Taxes to the US ??!!!!

On my 1st sale to the US (California) in a long time, My sale and payment info shows I’m paying a tax…on already slim profit margins on what I’m selling… I’m Canadian, Selling in effect personal items that should be except from GST or provincial taxe...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Promo Feb 8-9 - 3 Items Zero Fees

his just showed up in my personal email. Began last night at midnight. It was also ready to be activated in Seller's Hub but no sign as of yet of an email in eBay. For all that qualify, good luck. TERMS AND CONDITIONS *Insertion and optional advanced...

ZeroFees.JPG
Labels