Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Shipping Within Canada via Signature Confirmation

Please let me know if I have this right. I ship so rarely within Canada that I never remember from shipment to shipment. I have to ship an expensive item within Canada and require a signature. It looks like I can pay extra for a signature if I ship v...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unauthorized transaction

Sold a cassette tape last month and shipped regular mail, shipment method was part of my auction listing of course.Today got a Case opened email from paypal (there is nothing about it in my ebay account) so I called paypal to ask what is happening. T...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

6 month review of promoted listings testing

I thought I would share my results over a longer time sample. During this time I tested some products with a higher ad rate but consistently found that sales did not scale with increased ad rates in any meaningful way, the vast majority of sales were...

ebaypl.jpg
  • 24 replies
  • 8 helpful

Buyer's Request - "Unable to Process your Request"

I have had two buyer's open a request on their item in the past month. When I've clicked on the notification from ebay and tried to view case details; "We are unable to process your request", has come up. The first time this happened I assumed the ca...

Please help canada post tracking says business closed but address is not a business!

Hey guys I shipped an item to a buyer and the tracking today said "business closed for the day- will attempt redelivery"My buyer's address is not a business address plus he was home all day to accept the parcel! Why would it say this in the tracking?...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Repercussions on tax

Had a buyer send a message this morning about a cup and saucer set costing $8.99, postage set at $9.99 to US. She wants to know if I will do free shipping because eBay is charging her tax!For one thing, it is not eBay that is charging tax. If I did t...

• 9 replies
  • 4 helpful

FYI "Sale Confirmed" email messages are MIA today....

I've received none since last night, 4 sales so far today first one at 9:42 ET, so it looks like something broke when the year flipped! Mostly just an annoyance but I thought it worth posting.... (PS paypal payment messages are fine.....and arriving)

• 14 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code.

One of my listed items will show the shipping amount if purchasing a single item, but when a quantity greater than two is put in it says "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code." How can I fix this. It's also very strang...

Resolved! Best method to ship video game using Canada Post?

When selling oldschool nintendo games, Canada post keeps claiming my envelopes (even non-bubble padded ones ) cannot be sent by small packet or with stamps because they are too thick in height "for the slot". The slot meaning this plexi-glass cutout ...

Details on shipping and handling fees

Hello, I need some help or advice. I am trying really hard to reconcile the shipping and handling costs from the eBay calculated costs (Canada Post) and what I really end up paying. It also appears that the 'handling' cost is not added. Is there a wa...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! About Flat Rate Shipping Boxes

Further to a thread that I now can't find.I was in the PO today and asked about the shipping boxes.These are the prepaid ones, not the pricey boxes available for customers who bring their stuff to the PO without any clue about how to package it. The ...

Cancelling an order

I sold an item but when it came to package it, I found that I no longer had it. I don't remember selling it, but must have sold it back sometime ago and failed to remove it from my Turbo Lister File. I contacted the buyer and explained to them what h...

Domestic parcel rate from Vancouver to Winnipeg?

Soooo, I very rarely send anything via parcel domestically. I have heard before that selling parcels domestically is more expensive than selling small packets to the USA. I listed a stuffed animal and it just so happened to be sold to a Canadian buye...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can you add "Calculated International Shipping" to listings with "Free Domestic &Free USA" shipping?

Happy New Year Sellers! I recently added free domestic and USA shipping to some of my listings. When I configure my store shipping policy for Domestic buyers I switched my choice from Calculated to "Flat Rate". I get a check box for "Free shipping". ...

Shipping a gift card?

I'm new to selling - so far I've printed labels and sent items with tracking ID. ebay releases my funds once the item is delivered. I was wondering could I send an item without tracking ID? I just sold a gift card and I'd like to just send it in a re...

several weeks and numerous phone calls trying to list a few items...................beyond furious,

Since October I have made $4000 + in purchases to build up a good reputation and positive feedback. I have spent weeks scanning hundreds of vintage sports cards and preparing listings. I have also spent weeks preparing a 25 year coin collection to pr...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Anyone else have bidders/ buyers blocked erroneously for not meeting Buyer Requirements?

This week I have had 2 bidders on my eBay auctions contact me to say they were blocked from bidding on my auction listings.They received an error message like this Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this itemThis item is only available to buyers ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

US Seller's Observation Re Drop in Sales

Regarding purchasing from US sellers that are now using Managed Payments. Are you getting checkout errors? https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/eBAY-Managed-Payments-or-How-to-Lose-International-Buyers/m-p/30511372#M66203 See explanations posts 3 &...

Check your mail - Another offer by Invite Only - Save 25% On Selling Fees.*

This showed up in my personal email. Offer is by invite only. It may or may not show up in one's regular eBay email. Fingers crossed for anyone that does qualify and can meet conditions everything works as planned. All applicable screenshots attached...

List in demand A.JPG List In Demand B.JPG List In Demand C.JPG List In Demand D.JPG

Shipping small flat item using Economy Shipping

Please advise what is the cheapest way to ship and how to display shipping cost in the Listing for following item. I wish to use shipping cost like $2 to $3 based on Buyer location. I see some other listing provide such shipping option and says "Econ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Please Fix Promoted Listing On dotCA listlings

This one has got to be an easy fix but is so bothersome on our end. The 2 areas of concern are when I revise a listing and sell similar.At the end of the listing there is the option to select what promotion you want to use and for what percentage you...

Resolved! Ebay rates

Anyone else think that a 10% final value fee is ridiculously expensive?

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Selling Giftcards as a new seller?

So I recently sold my 1st item on ebay. My funds are still pending on Paypal. I had a question about selling giftcards, regarding held funds. Since I won't physically ship the giftcard (just send the winner the code), how would this work in regards t...

ebay new promo, did anyone capture it this morning, it was list and sell 3 items for 0$$

saw it scroll by on my ebay homepage, list and sell 3 items, and pay 0 fees. i didn't click to activate it, because i didn't want something to end and relist, so when i got home, it is no where to be found.. did or does someone have the invite, or me...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

What the (US) buyer sees-- internet sales tax related.

@ms.havisham has screenshots of the checkout and shopping cart billing on this thread,https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Beware-Buyers/m-p/30514610#M1525119 As a technodolt, I am unable to move these.Perhaps someone who has better skills than me c...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors