Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Resolved! Can you add "Calculated International Shipping" to listings with "Free Domestic &Free USA" shipping?

Happy New Year Sellers! I recently added free domestic and USA shipping to some of my listings. When I configure my store shipping policy for Domestic buyers I switched my choice from Calculated to "Flat Rate". I get a check box for "Free shipping". ...

Shipping a gift card?

I'm new to selling - so far I've printed labels and sent items with tracking ID. ebay releases my funds once the item is delivered. I was wondering could I send an item without tracking ID? I just sold a gift card and I'd like to just send it in a re...

several weeks and numerous phone calls trying to list a few items...................beyond furious,

Since October I have made $4000 + in purchases to build up a good reputation and positive feedback. I have spent weeks scanning hundreds of vintage sports cards and preparing listings. I have also spent weeks preparing a 25 year coin collection to pr...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Anyone else have bidders/ buyers blocked erroneously for not meeting Buyer Requirements?

This week I have had 2 bidders on my eBay auctions contact me to say they were blocked from bidding on my auction listings.They received an error message like this Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this itemThis item is only available to buyers ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

US Seller's Observation Re Drop in Sales

Regarding purchasing from US sellers that are now using Managed Payments. Are you getting checkout errors? https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/eBAY-Managed-Payments-or-How-to-Lose-International-Buyers/m-p/30511372#M66203 See explanations posts 3 &...

Check your mail - Another offer by Invite Only - Save 25% On Selling Fees.*

This showed up in my personal email. Offer is by invite only. It may or may not show up in one's regular eBay email. Fingers crossed for anyone that does qualify and can meet conditions everything works as planned. All applicable screenshots attached...

List in demand A.JPG List In Demand B.JPG List In Demand C.JPG List In Demand D.JPG

Shipping small flat item using Economy Shipping

Please advise what is the cheapest way to ship and how to display shipping cost in the Listing for following item. I wish to use shipping cost like $2 to $3 based on Buyer location. I see some other listing provide such shipping option and says "Econ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Please Fix Promoted Listing On dotCA listlings

This one has got to be an easy fix but is so bothersome on our end. The 2 areas of concern are when I revise a listing and sell similar.At the end of the listing there is the option to select what promotion you want to use and for what percentage you...

Resolved! Ebay rates

Anyone else think that a 10% final value fee is ridiculously expensive?

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Selling Giftcards as a new seller?

So I recently sold my 1st item on ebay. My funds are still pending on Paypal. I had a question about selling giftcards, regarding held funds. Since I won't physically ship the giftcard (just send the winner the code), how would this work in regards t...

ebay new promo, did anyone capture it this morning, it was list and sell 3 items for 0$$

saw it scroll by on my ebay homepage, list and sell 3 items, and pay 0 fees. i didn't click to activate it, because i didn't want something to end and relist, so when i got home, it is no where to be found.. did or does someone have the invite, or me...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

What the (US) buyer sees-- internet sales tax related.

@ms.havisham has screenshots of the checkout and shopping cart billing on this thread,https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Beware-Buyers/m-p/30514610#M1525119 As a technodolt, I am unable to move these.Perhaps someone who has better skills than me c...

eBay - PC vs Smart Device

Has anyone seen current stats for eBay/online shopping regarding PC vs a Smart Device? Does the overall experience vary? Was able to locate a discussion on dot com for 2015. At that time it was approximately 55% to 45% PC vs Smart Device. A good gues...

Do you accept Paypal for Local Pick Up?

I would like to offer local pick up as an option. Do you guys accept Paypal for these buyers who wish to pick up? I remember before you would lose the case if buyer claims not received (ie. need tracking number). Edit: Looks like policy has changed r...

This is getting spupid

Every time I send an Expedited Package I am notified that I underpaid - every time. What is bothering me is the amounts. They are always under a buck. These are big packages in the $30 to $45 dollar range. The amounts they claim I underpay are like t...

• 50 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian seller fees Overcharged and unfair

First and foremost, I have been a long time buyer and i have always loved to buy things on Ebay. I have been using Ebay even before this account was created. I have been buying all kinds of things for the past 12 years, these past few weeks I thought...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canada shipping option

Hi there I am new to eBay and I'm trying to find info on how to select 'Canada Post'. I'm going to sell JBL Bluetooth Speaker.As you can see in the picture, I have no option for choosing Canada Post... How can I solve this problem?

스크린샷(87).png

You are paying the paypal fees on ebay's US sales tax!

As most will know, ebay is now required to collect sales tax in certain US states for items delivered to those states, regardless of where they are sent from. ie, if you live in NY, and buy from Canada, your Ebay invoice will include NY sales tax. Th...

High risk shipping counries

I would like ebay to perform extra checks for sellers from high risk shipping countries.When ordering from these countries listed below many times I have experienced my credit card being compromised by unauthorized charges when using both credit card...

BEWARE OF CANPAR

I just got off the phone with Canpar. I went to their website earlier today to see if they were a viable replacement for Canada Post. I got an estimate to ship an item, the total was just a little over $22 cnd, very reasonable and cheaper than Canada...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! taxes for usa

when I sell an item from Canada to the usa, are there any taxes that I must include in the shippment

Here's another Glitch with the new USA sales tax..

When a buyer buys multiple items, the tax is showing up as a percentage due to their state, including shipping, but when i combine and lower shipping ..the tax stays the same, it recalculates the lower shipping but does not correct the sales tax.. Th...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Can someone tell me when the last Free Auction Listings promotions in Canada were

I haven't received an invitation in the last 2 months and I'm wondering when the last offer of 500 free auctions was sent out. I've tried contacting and talking to people at ebay but they are clueless and get me nowhere. It would be nice to speak to ...

Resolved! I can only laugh...

Sales have been VERY slow for a while so how can it get worse? Sold an item to a new first time overseas buyer who outbid by $1(about $90). He did not pay after 7 days-no contact email. Relisted item and again sold to another overseas buyer. He did n...

Resolved! Is there a minimum size for Canada Post package shipping labels to be?

I searched their website and can't find an answer. I have a brother ql-600 the largest size label it can print is 62mm (2.44") wide. the guy at staples said it would be big enough for labels for packages but it seems really small when I print them. O...

When ebay's system screws up and we receive seller defects, why are they not being removed?

Ebay's system for checking tracking scan acceptance failed again (first scan date not available), presumably because they had an issue pulling the data from the carrier API due to the busy holiday period. All items have tracking, carrier shows scan d...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels