Forum Posts

Resolved! I can only laugh...

Sales have been VERY slow for a while so how can it get worse? Sold an item to a new first time overseas buyer who outbid by $1(about $90). He did not pay after 7 days-no contact email. Relisted item and again sold to another overseas buyer. He did n...

Resolved! Is there a minimum size for Canada Post package shipping labels to be?

I searched their website and can't find an answer. I have a brother ql-600 the largest size label it can print is 62mm (2.44") wide. the guy at staples said it would be big enough for labels for packages but it seems really small when I print them. O...

When ebay's system screws up and we receive seller defects, why are they not being removed?

Ebay's system for checking tracking scan acceptance failed again (first scan date not available), presumably because they had an issue pulling the data from the carrier API due to the busy holiday period. All items have tracking, carrier shows scan d...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

The joys of dealing with a bot when you report listings

Reported listings from a seller in my niche a while back for pretty blatant listing violations (website address in watermark on photos as well as their store logo). The ebay bot appears to have slapped me with a penalty in return for doing that and n...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Return issues

Has anyone had a situation recently with a return where the item returned was NOT the item originally shipped? Any feedback greatly appreciated. Were things resolved to your satisfaction. -Lotz

Ebay Canada free auctions promotions

I have no idea why I'm no longer receiving free 500 auctions each month, I had been receiving this offers for years and now nothing. I can't receive a decent answer or help by calling ebay because i get someone in India who has no clue, is there a nu...

Ebay and Shippo Misleading services

Hello Community members, Here is to let you know what happened when I trusted that eBay would not directly lead me to a shipping service that wasn't compatible with their own seller protection.Hopefully that will help someone. Story ends with the buy...

afterclickingcreateship.PNG notrackinginfonoetapi.png

State Tax Rates

Out of curiosity is there a table of the state tax rates that are now collected when US buyers purchase off eBay. Curious as to each states rate.

How to set more than 2 shipping destination price

Hello everyone,I am trying to set up 3 different shipping destination and prices.One in Canada, second in USA, third worldwide.I can set only two, I think there is an advance option, I can't find it.Can you send me a screen shot.Thank you

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales must be slow -- eBay Bucks pushed up to 8% of purchase price (ends Dec 4)

Who’s eligible?Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding -- the offer is not transferable. 8% in eBay Bucks on Qualifying Purchases of USD $25 or mor...

Where have all the buyers gone?

Where have all the buyers gone? Black Friday has come & gone without any sales. I usually do well around this time of year selling vintage jewelry. But not this year. I have tried all the things that eBay said would help us sellers. Promoted listings...

SALES TAX & PAYPAL REFUND

Here's what a refund looks like on PayPal in regards to Sales Tax and PayPal fees.... I refunded 28.00 for shipping over-charge. Transaction activity Details Gross amount Fee amount Net amountNov 28, 2019Payment from name $720.19 USD -$84.14 USD $636...

Coupon for Watch List Contest?

Ebay recently ran a contest called "Win your Watchlist". You filled your watch list with $250-worth of merchandise and had a chance to win it. You also received a $5 coupon for participating. So where's the coupon? Did anyone get theirs?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Invoice

Hi! I am not sure why but I got an email about a 70$ invoice? I am currently trying to sell an item and am so confused, can someone help please?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Is this something new?

Received confirmation from a sale to Canadian buyer stating "This email that you have received from .............. for $....... " and the email address. Those are usually hidden.

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bulk Editor snafu

I've been receiving those 500 free listings promos during November, anyway I took the opportunity to relist a few hundred old listings. I always use eBay's bulk editor to do this as there are often format, title and pricing changes to be made. My pol...

When i click on reply to a message, problem??

when i receive a message, and i click on reply to message, it brings up the form to reply to it, but the original message isn't showing anymore. So i have to back track, re read the message, then click on reply again, and go ahead and answer it.. Is ...

• 25 replies
  • 4 helpful
Labels