Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Resolved! Auto renew auction ends up in ended listings and relisting like it should

So...first time posting...we've been sellers for a pretty long time and have seen some weird kinks in the system over the years but this one has me dumbfounded and I can't seem to find an answer.SO..here's the deal...we have a Premium store and so wi...

Shipped item to US - Stuck in shipping / Customs

I sold a rather expensive item (Approx $1000) to a ebay customer in the USA.I used Canada post to ship the item.I've never had a problem shipping to the US before, but this package has now been stuck at customs for about 2 weeks, or 11 Business Days....

PAYPAL payment notifications MIA for ONLY Australian buyers? or is it all International?

I am not sure what all is affected. This is what I know so far: I am not receiving PAYPAL email payment notifications from Australian buyers, since yesterday morning. I am receiving email payment notifications from Canadian and US buyers. I did recei...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Showing Buyers the Best Shipping Options

Found this by accident checking out the dot com announcement board. Curious to know when it could kick in on dot ca? Canadian sellers' may want to consider choosing the service they prefer and prioritize it in their listings when or before that happe...

Resolved! Ebay selling fee’s were billed to my credit card instead of taken from PayPal Balance?

Hi Folks, I’ve just returned to using eBay after a few years absence and found that when I did a “one-time payment” from the eBay account, instead of taking the funds from my PayPal balance (as it used to do) it charged them to a credit-card I have o...

Traffic Reports Not Updating

I like the new Seller Hub, especially what I learn through the traffic reports under performance. However, these reports showing listing impressions, page views, etc. have not been updated for over 10 days now. What gives?

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Can't close unpaid item case.

Well here's another new ebay glitch. Opened an unpaid item case after 6 days. The buyer paid almost immediately after I opened it. Since it no longer shows up on my main page I assumed it automatically closed when payment was received. Got a message ...

Buyers that use the wrong return reason

So, recently I've been receiving return requests with the wrong return reasons. For example, one buyer stated an item didn't fit, but opened a return case, stating "Item wasn't as described". I provided measurements and even provided extra measuremen...

Comparing Sales Over the Years

Doing some housekeeping .... and shredding eBay files from 2017. It made me very sad. Media Sales: 162 (2017) 29 (to date 2019) Sales in 2015 and 2016 were 257 and 214 respectively. Understandably, fewer people are buying hard copy movies and music b...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lost Items - Best Way to Re-Send?

Wow - I've had some bad luck with Canada Post in the past couple of weeks! I sent packages to two different buyers the US - one was tracked, the other was not. Both have gone missing. The one that was tracked showed it going missing from the get-go -...

Resolved! How do I change all my listings to eBay Canada?

Currently right now all my listing is on the US website and all of my items are being shipped state side from a warehouse located on the other side of the border. But after one crossing on the border, I felt like I was being harassed by the US custom...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping info

EBay should require buyers of sellers to give a phone number.Constantly have to send several emails to buyers.Phone numbers are required to complete customs infoMake it part of the sale information

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Followup business question

I recently sold a number of books to a buyer, and after receiving some positive feedback they provided me a list of additional books they are looking to buy if I happen to come across them. I'm not one to turn down the possibility for repeat business...

Auctions: are they worth it?

Is anyone using auction style much? Do you have much luck with them?I recently had a promo for free auction style only listings so I did a trial of 20 listings, 7 day length, no reserve, and minimum bid typically $4.99.5 of them sold2 sold with the B...

• 10 replies
  • 2 helpful

Valied Shipping

When I tried to make a new listing and I get "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Services - At least one valied (not right spelling?) shipping must be specified." I made a new listing from a similar and delete one mail service. I use ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post International Shipping woes

Good Day, Has anyone noticed any recent issues with Canada Post Small Packet Air service? This service does not provide tracking, however it has been fairly reliable for me. However in the last 2 months they have failed me. I have had at least 4 buye...

Using eBay's suggested category in File Exchange

Hey guys! I list about 300 new items every months in almost as many categories using file exchange. When listing items individually directly on eBay, you can easily get the item's category using eBay's suggested category. Using file exchange, I don't...

Resolved! Cancelled Orders - Paypal Now Charging Fee?

I've recently had 3 cancelled orders in the past couple of weeks (all buyer requests due to mistakes or buyer's remorse) - and each time I've refunded, PayPal has kept 30 cents. I don't recall having to pay a fee previously - maybe I just haven't not...

Did Promoted Listings Kill My Sales?

(See attached image) or https://i.redd.it/ldpdbq4jf9331.pngBackground: I never really used them before but at the beginning of May I ran a heavy Promoted Listings campaign. Although I never got many clicks or any sales through them my sales were doin...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

My sales way down

Is it only me, my sales down 50% this month? Haven\t changed anything and have some great interesting things for sale

eBay please fix your buggy return policy email!

951 of your listings have an unsupported return policy. Listings with unsupported return policy will not be automatically re-listed. Learn more about our new return policy guidance.14 day returns are still allowed in the stamp category the last time ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels