Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

"This board is closing" ? On 3 days response? Whole community or just seller updates? New; don't get

I'm somewhat new to eBay & completely new to the community. Don't understand the post. I don't know if the correct "locaton" to post this is "Seller Central" -- anything better? Some questions: Is this reference to the board closing meaning only Sell...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Stanards - Late Shipment Rate

Does anyone else have an issue with how this is calculated. I went from below 3% and being a top rated seller and because of a multiple item purchase (which counted 8 times against me) my US late shipment rate went to almost 7%. Because these items w...

Unintentinal 'Return Accepted' & fraudulent buyer

Hi. Sorry for the length of this question but...i recently received a return request on a vintage turntable, even though the listing stated no returns and that i chose no returns when the listing was created. When i went to see the details the screen...

Add items to an existing promotions on ebay.ca

Hi there, I have an issue with promotions on .ca and I'd like to know if some people experience the same , and if it's indeed a site glitch. I have set a promotion (15% off selected items on my ebay store). Then I wanted to add items to this existing...

Action Required -- Credit/Debit Card Payment Declined

The first attempt was the day after I made a payment on the card, so wasn't all that surprised it was blocked because that's happened in the past the day after a payment. I've used the card since with no issues, even today about two hours after eBay'...

question about blocked bidders

Can a blocked bidder still leave me a personal message on ebay ? In other words does blocking bidders only prevent them from buying from me ? I ask this because I blocked my last buyer and since I haven't heard from him since (regarding the sale), I ...

• 59 replies
  • 0 helpful

Performance standards

Not sure about others but I signed up to eBay to sell items from my collection. I thought I was signing up to work for myself and pay a fee for using the site. It's unfortunate performance standards means selling more and not just selling good qualit...

• 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Review timeline

For sellers...when do you write a review for a transaction? Immediately after funds are received or do you wait until the buyer writes a review?

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay is brutal to new sellers

So I've had an ebay account for like 10 years but only as a buyer. Last night I go and try and create my first listings to sell some stuff I have no need for that might sell well on ebay. Have some issues that require me to call in to support to fix ...

New Auction Promo by invitation April 26 to May 5

List up to 500 auction-style listings for FREE!Start Date *End DateList auction-style, plus add BIN for free. Excludes 1-day and 3-day listing durations. Learn More - List up to 500 auction-style listings for FREE!- opens in new window or tab26-Apr-2...

Sell for $1 promo -- April 27 to April 28 (5 items)

Applies to first 5 listings made after the promo is activated.Listings must be made April 27 or April 28 (Eastern Time zone). $1 cap on item sale price FVF plus a $1 cap on item shipping FVF.Same as all previous offers of this type. From the Terms an...

Ebay forcing “Best Offer” & auction relists

Suddenly, in the last few weeks or so, the following is happening:1) “Best offer” is being added randomly to listings even though the best offer button is turned off. I just noticed that when I’m about to confirm a new listing, it says this:By tappin...

• 40 replies
  • 1 helpful

No "watchers" until last day of auction listing. EBAY CANADA - anyone else experiencing this?

Since late 2018.. when I list items, no matter if they are newly listed, or recycled, I'm finding watchers are not showing up until the last minute. I do end up getting bids (sometimes) it's a strange phenomena. It's opposite to what was happening to...

Promoted listings some experiences, observations

As with all things eBay some interesting observations about my promoted listings. I have 49 items promoted in 6 campaigns (each campaign is generally items of similar style so I can keep track). These campaigns have all been running continuously for ...

• 0 replies
  • 6 helpful

Help pages for sellers show misleading information

So just had my first shipment go missing to the US. Fine no big deal. Followed the eBay page https://www.ebay.ie/pages/help/pay/refund-buyer.html Turns out this information is misleading. I Followed the instructions. Contacted seller, issued paypal r...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping large items

Does anyone have experience shipping large items like a large display cabinet , I posted a picture below of my cabinet

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help - no sales in 41 days...

This slump is unprecedented. I've been selling paintings on eBay for 13 years. Always 100% FB with good customer relations. Sometimes when I search my listings from a different IP they don't show up in the search results. Have I been "ghosted"? In th...

Buyer can't checkout "This item doesn't ship to your location"

I had a buyer win five auctions from me. I am located in Canada, he is in the US. I included shipping to the US as an option in the auctions. All five auctions were created with the same template. Now that he is trying to checkout he is getting a mes...

I give up

I'm sick and tired of the nagging emails from ebay about an "unsupported return policy" and it's pretty obvious now that ebay has zero intention of changing the return policy for certain categories such as collectibles which are SUPPOSED to be 14 day...

Resolved! Unable to find my listings on eBay.COM

Hey guys! I think I'm having an issue with my listings no longer showing up on eBay.COM. Before last week, I was getting 3-4 sales from the US daily but since about 7 days, not a single sale from the US. It could be a coincidence but it coincides wit...

ADVANCED

Whatever happened to Advanced Search that we can search for the address and phone number of sellers/buyers? I bought an item last week and the seller hasn't send me the invoice with shipping costs and I had to "bother" her in the morning when I get u...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

2 Invoices in 2 different currency for the same month

Hello everyone , Can someone please to refer me to whom contact about my problem . I got 2 Invoices for April 2019 . One Invoice is in $ USD the second one is in $ CDN .Both Invoices are for the same time period Items sold.All items are sold on EBay....

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Introduing Shipping Rate Tables!

Is it benefit to use it? I see most suggest free shipping. It means we have to increase the asking prices and it is bad enough that Canada Post gouged us with hefty postal rates with tracking number. I think I will stick with PayPal as I get very dee...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

My Paypal Account...CAN / US ?

I've had a Paypal account in US since I first started and I'm wondering if that is the right account to have if you are selling on both .CA and .COM. as I am now. I notice 2 amounts on the home page now..something like this.... $12.34$56.78 CAD I get...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors