Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Canada Post Rates Change Effective Jan 14. How come I can't update my Listings?

Canada Post changed Weight allowance for Tracked Packet to USA Today Jan 14/2019. When I try to update Listing because Tracked Packet now covers up to 2 KG Message says "Weight Limit for Tracked Packet is still One kg". Is the Problem Ebay or Canada ...

Be aware, odd refunding situation can cause a defect.

Here is the situation that caused a defect: Buyer uses guest ID purchases item.Buyer receives item, has an issue with it, sends a message to seller from a different eBay id (their actual ebay id).Seller agrees with issue, decides against forcing buye...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! scammed twice in a month

well 2019 has went very well so far , get a email from paypal last week , buyer has not received item , no tracking ( way to much in Canada ) out $ 42.00 , buyer has feedback of 1 in the last 6 months / get another email today from paypal (Saturday) ...

help

Need to talk with live chat not using the phone with the ebay. Im deaf!

The word " Indian" in your ad anywhere! Mine was Indian Motel matchbook. Got kicked out!!

I am selling matchbooks. One was a 40 year old Indian Trail Motel, Bay City, Michigan and it triggered something from ebay about banned native artefacts, etc. I was unable to answer yes or no to any potential problem and was unable to continue making...

offers on auctions

Is there a way to stop offers from being made on auctions? It wouldn't be so bad if buyers used that option properly but no they still look at is if the starting bid is buy it now price

Resolved! No Autocalculate Shipping Fee?

I have a bunch of items listed at this time and about half show autocalculated shipping and the other half do not. I have compared the international shipping sections of the two and they appear to be set up identically. Anyone experience this or know...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is the Ebay algorhythm that supposedly 'buries sellers items from search results a MYTH or reality??

I have heard for several years certain sellers, power sellers, people with stores, some without, they claim they will search for items they list, on a public computer , not their own IP address or a friends computer, on a different network than what ...

Resolved! help with auctions please

I posted a question in questions, but I am getting no thoughts back, so if posting it twice is annoying, Im sorry. I have one auction. I dont know if it is set up wrong, but I cannot find it anywhere when I search , even with exact wording..what am I...

Resolved! Can you file a damage claim with Canada Post when you ship Small Packet Air (untracked)?

I sent a $35 cosmetic (liquid eye serum) to a buyer that arrived damaged (I think it just leaked). The item was packed well, but loose inside the manufacturers box which caused the lid to get loosened during shipment. This is the first time something...

Filing a damage claim with Canada Post

Does anyone have any experience or advice for filing a damage claim?Never had an issue before, but in this case it was a Tracked Packet USA via Shippo that I packed in a pretty standard shipping box. The buyer sent good photos of both the damaged toy...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't fulfill order. Best Practices?

Question for the community: A buyer made an order I can't fulfill. The item they purchased is missing in the storeroom. 3 weeks have been spent trying to find it and it does not want to be found. This is annoying and unacceptable for both parties. Bu...

How do you determine your selling price?

I have a CD that is rare, OOP and in demand. There is only 3 listed on ebay, $59, $79 (from Japan) and New $202 (from Germany) as USD. On Ebay, one sold for $59 USD (Japan) and one sold at auction for $13.50 (Japan) USD. On the river, there is one fo...

Invalid Postal Code Message When Listing.

Hi, I haven't sold anything on Ebay for the last year or so and decided to list a few items but keep getting "invalid postal code" error message. I tried everything from caps/no caps, space/no space, my old postal code but it just keeps saying "inval...

top rated seller

Hi there Since the market has change in past 1 year and ebay also made changes to benefits of the top rated sellers.We pay high fees to having store on top of it .After all what is the benefit right now to be top rated ?And what you think about this ...

what to do with a negative feedback I feel I don't deserve ?

Maybe some of you will recall my post on a sale gone wrong with a particularly difficult buyer. I'm relieved he finally kept the item after threatening me that he would return it if it didn't arrive on time. It arrived 3 days late so I refunded all h...

• 42 replies
  • 0 helpful

Testing GSP Listings (.COM)

As the title suggests, on .COM I signed up for GSP to be added on my listings. I'm adding a few items and will report the aprox. weights that I do or don't report to eBay. I've noticed that as I start my drafts on eBay Mobile, some items automaticall...

Resolved! Fraudulent return

Hello,I am fairly new to selling on Ebay, and have just experienced my first return request. The buyer claims the item is not as described, saying there is " skin residue" on the item, and that the charger is bent. He has included pictures he took. I...

Purchasing "Signature Confirmation" after the fact

Have any of my seller friends here ever made the error of assuming that domestic Xpresspost included "Signature Confirmation", only to realize once the label printed out that it wasn't included? I ship so much to the U.S. that I didn't even search fo...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Listings Disappeared Yesterday....

Good morning!Yesterday I listed somewhere between 15-20 listings and most of them have disappeared from my active listings. Has anyone else had trouble like this before? They're not in drafts either. They're just gone.Thanks in advance,J.

Resolved! Buyers name is their email address

Just had a sale and found the name on the address is actually their email address which seems strange. I checked Paypal and it is their email address. Not sure what I think about this, buyer has over 1600 feedbacks.

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels
Most Helpful Authors