Forum Posts

EBAY CHARGING TAX ON NON-TAXABLE ITEMS -CANADA-

It's frustrating- I buy and sell a lot of coins from the US and globally. I understand the logic of eBay collecting GST/HST- because the government is losing money. The issue is they don't understand Canadian tax/duty laws. There is no tax/duty on si...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 20 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canada Post Tracking Showing Incorrect Information

I had a buyer reach out to me about this, so I thought I'd post here about it. Canada Post's tracking on their website is currently showing the service from Flat Rate Boxes (or at least the extra small ones) as being "Expedited USA" on the tracking p...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback required items stay on list

Recently I've had sold items stay on my Feedback Required tab after I've left the appropriate comments. When I try again I get "feedback already left". Can't say I've ever seen this before. Any insights on fixing it?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question re eBay and filing my 2023 taxes

Must be getting old, can't figure this one out! I'm using the numbers from my Hub - performance and sales reports - but can't figure out if I also get to deduct the amounts that eBay charges me to my credit card for store fees and labels when not eno...

scammer found do not buy his coins

hello ive been buying coins for years and the person that is selling counterfiet coins and has sold several in the past this is highly illegal in canada and is misleading people with false ads those gold coins the 1968 20 dollar gold piece and the 19...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Failed PAYOUTS

I have been a power seller for years and top rated. I have not received ONE CENT in 6 weeks from Ebay because of their issues with banks. I have called 6 times and it has been the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I have paused my 4200+ list...

Account locked down

Just a heads up, over the past 2-3 days, my account was locked down twice. The first time I had to change my password after Ebay made my then password null and void. The second time Ebay wouldn't let me back in until I contacted customer support. For...

selling my personal collection - No profit really

sorry if this is a duplicate question.Long story short - i am selling in ebay just to want to get rid of my personal collection (pre-owned) mainly movies with an exception of very very few new items. Honestly, its like say I buy all those for $5k, i ...

For anyone that uses Fedex - Important message

This was recently posted on dot com. Unsure if it applied to any sellers on ca but here it is for the record. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Update-for-Shipping/m-p/34373699#M2376808 ‎03-27-2024 10:59 AM - last edited on ‎04-04-2024Due to a Fe...

Didn't recieve item

Hi everyone, My other account is banned on eBay and before getting banned I sold a pair of shoes. The shoes got authenticated to be shipped to the buyer. The buyer never received the shoes and the shoes were getting shipped back to me. But I never re...

Canada Post Expedited Lite

Hello dear community, I have a quick question regarding the new Canda Post Expedited Lite, Just to make sure befor eusing it, orders shipped using this option can be delivered anywhere in Canada or there are restrictions ( delivering to few areas onl...

Watch List No Photos

The pictures on my lists on .com stopped diplaying months ago and now they no longer appear on .ca or .UK either.Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Advice on Refunds with Proof of Arrival

Hi, This is a long shot but I am just curious about any advice. I refunded a buyer (highly rated, clearly active) in March, and long story short I received proof of arrival of the item from a third party after I refunded the buyer. I also evidently p...

The NAICS Classification has Changed for 2022.

I just found this when filing taxes this year. There is no longer a separate NAICS code for online/electronic shoping "Internet retail, direct selling, and mail-order retail are not separately classified from traditional in-store (also known as "bric...

• 2 replies
  • 7 helpful

Why is the US shipping standards not held to the same standards as everywhere else.

I purchased an item on March 10th and paid promptly. Item was shipped by seller on March 12th. Since then its been travelling at a snails pace. Hasn't even left the US yet. Picked up to bring to the Hub where it sat for days and now finally moving bu...

Shipping Supplies Coupon

Hello, i am a new Canadian store subscriber and i am wondering where i find the shipping supplies coupon? would it appear on the website or would i recieve an email? Thanks

Resolved! Buyer opened an INAD for color...what to do?

Hello...I recently sold a designer handbag that is that weird color between beige/gray/taupe. I listed the item using accurate photos which the buyer said looked like off white on her phone. In item details was listed as grey/gray neutral/taupe. She ...

Item disappears when sorting search results

Trying to get serious about my store and get some stale items moving so I was doing some research and came across an issue that I wondered if anyone was aware of. I am using a specific example of Fantasia VHS, Canada Only that I have listed for 10 pl...

Labels