Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Fed Ex shipping rates

So since Fed Ex is now a fixed rate shipping option on Ebay Canada, how am I suppose to know how much to charge the customer? There is no Fed Ex shipping calculator on Ebay and since Fed Ex rates are very different (expensive) on their own website co...

Suspicious activities from a buyer

I do have a listing selling online codes at $0.99 for a trading card game. Unfortunately people only buy those to get feedbacks. I have a buyer who bought like 3 codes with 2 different account. I send them and moved on. Few hours later i come back on...

Ebay holding my money hostage and lying to me on multiple occasions

I have been treated horribly by ebay and lied to on 5 occasions about these holds on my money.I sold 4 items that were expensive to ship. I had to BORROW money to ship them as ebay held my money.When the first item was delivered on the 2nd of Feb I p...

2021149.jpg

Yes ebay no longer offering protection for tracked items below 250.00 for item not received claims.

I shipped an item with full tracking worth 100 dollars, and ebay ripped me of when the buyer filed an item not recieved claim, despite tracking showing the item was deliverd. When appealing, ebay said tracking was not available at the time and had th...

Ebay no longer will sell more than $100 insurance for packages going to US from Canada

I recently (last week), discovered that goshippo was no longer selling insurance for items sent from Canada to the US. I ship with Canadapost, with the lable bought via goshippo (until now). Or with Ebay as a back up. As a backup, I tried to print a ...

advice re / cancelling a sale

hi, 1st of all I know that this is my fault , I should of been paying attention to the listing. But I accidentally lowered the price of a lot pretty drastically (60 to 30) and forgot I had free shipping on. Given that its a lot t will cost me at leas...

Item returned - incomplete address - what now?

First time this has happened to me. Buyer bought an item from me, paid quickly and I shipped it. I purchased the shipping label on ebay so it provided the shipping address. I received the item back today marked "no such address". I did check their ad...

Resolved! Shouldn't a new member have to establish some credibility first?

Im not going to get into the specifics, as Ive been dealing with this all day and Im tired. But shouldn't a member with an account that is only a month old, have to establish some sort of credibility before they have control over an experienced membe...

Resolved! Buyer wants me to buy him extra things to ship to him

Hello,Bit of a strange issue here. I recently made a sale and after he paid the buyer sent me a message with a list of things he wanted me to buy him (some books) and add into his parcel as the seller wont ship to his country. I replied saying I will...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

migrating you listings to another site

i have tried one of the other sites recently also starts also with a eXXX-to sell a few items about 10 items done manually very time consuming the results have been poor but at least some sales have come of it -- i would like like to duplicate all my...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

getting to but more than two items every ten days ????

i have a good customer who would like to buy several more items of mine -- but he saids i have a limit of two items per ten days per customer set in my listing -- i have no idea how that was set and have no idea how to change it to read say 6 items e...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

receiving payment

New to EBAY, looking to sell collectables, can someone please direct me to where i chosse or set up an account to receive payment once sold....i have been bouncing aroud with no real clear information to start ..thank you and looking forward to this ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Wrong bank account

I tried to payout but ebay said failed to payout. i suspected that my bank account was wrong so i changed it. but now there are no funds in my ebay wallet. will i get the funds back soon or are they gone?

Physical Handling of Expedited Lite Items

Does anyone know how expedited lite items are physically handled in the pipeline? If I use an expedited lite label on an item in a bubble mailer (it's small enough to go oversized lettermail if I choose), is it going to be tossed in with other boxes ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

If item purchased for resell but doesn't sell (disposed), does it lower the tax obligation?

I know this is not a tax forum and I should discuss with tax advisor, okay. But I am wondering how other people do this. I am talking about simple accounting, purchase inventory + other expenses as cost and total sales as revenue ... tax on the diffe...

Late delivery

Sold an item to be delivered in Israel, it took 30 days to be delivered, EBay hit me with late delivery , Item was shipped within 1 working day as per my store policy, I can’t control courier’s delivery time!

Increase in non-payments?

Has anyone noticed an increase in people giving offers and not paying for the items? I've had three or four this month. I usually get two a year. All but one came from established accounts. I'll accept the offer, send them an invoice or a message aft...

Overriding Shipping Policy Rate for A Listing Glitch

Bit of a glitch when I want to use a shipping policy but override the shipping cost for that particular listing. It will not take when I do it while setting up the listing. The only way I get it to work is scheduling it to go live at a future date, t...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Main listing pictures don't enlarge when clicked on

Today I found that when I click on a main listing picture it doesn't enlarge but instead stays the same size as on the listing. All other pictures on the listing enlarge as you scroll through them but if you scroll back to the first picture it is sti...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

when do selling defects get taken off your account

i have two selling defects from lst year that have not been taken off my account yet one is june 11th one is june 15 both from last year does anyone know when they are taken off your account as it has been a year now i have two from last july that wi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBAY IS A BUNCH OF THIEVES!

EBay promotes selling on their platform, yet when a seller sells their items EBay steals the money! EBay sends a bogus money transfer letter with all pertinent information blacked out so the banks can NOT find the transfer! What are you hiding EBay?!...

Changing listing currency

Hi, I used to list in USD but changed it to CAD years ago. Now I'm trying to list in USD on the ebay.ca site again but can't figure out how to change the settings from CAD to USD. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Resolved! Canada Post Integration

Hi thereI read that Canada Post is now offering level 4 discounts to eBay sellers. Is there a way to see the discount when listing an item? It seems like you need to wait until the item is sold to see this discount. Am I wrong??Thanks in advance

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed payments rip off

Since i signed up for managed payments i feel i am getting ripped of by eBay.ExampleA transaction before with Paypal would add up to eBay and Paypal fees of 15% of the total so for a transaction for $17.95 the would be $2.69I just paid eBay $4.32 on ...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors