Forum Posts

Sales Tax, chinese sellers

Since when has sales tax been added. Chinese sellers do not charge additional taxes? chinese sellers are allowed to charge USA funds, Canadians are not.

Scammers (buyers)

Happened to me today. I was selling an adidas sweater for $54.00. Got a message from a buyer saying he/she is interested about it. So I said okay. Then he said to text him (he lives in the US) so I texted him. At first I thought he was going to ask m...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 3 helpful

Shipping

Hi, I am new to EBay. I listed an item today and the only option I had for shipping to Canada or US was flat rate no tracking, no insurance. I listed about 2 months ago and Canada Post had many other options. I called customer service and they had no...

Selling

Hi, I'm new to ebay and had the similar problem yesterday. I wanted to include free shipping both here and in the US. Turns out you if you do ebay charges you shipping! This is after they encourage us you include shipping in the price to help increas...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Do sellers need to report tax that Ebay collects?

I'm super confused now that Ebay is collecting tax on our sales. I'm trying to fill out my T2125 but I can't figure out if I'm supposed to report the tax that Ebay took off or not. Do I include it my gross income and then deduct what Ebay took? Anyon...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Once Bitten Twice Shy. How would eBay handle several items/combined shipping if refund wanted ?

Next step in dealing with me... an honest seller worried about scammers. Hypothetical situation below.I sell 7 items , give combined shipping, ship in one package, and put the same tracking number on the paid and shipped area for each of the 7 items ...

Resolved! Can I get refund from Canada Post if late delivery?

Sent a pkg by CP expedited mail with insurance and it was supposed to be delivered by May 6th. Phoned in and had them check into it and it shook it loose and was finally delivered today, strangely an hour after my query. Can I get a shipping refund d...

Earth Month Promotion - 70% Off Final Value Fees

Hello,Just letting anyone know who hasn't seen an email about it yet to keep your eyes out for email from eBay about Earth Month Promotion. It is for 70% off FVF's for 20 items LISTED during period of April 14 - 20th and sold before automatic renewal...

• 23 replies
  • 6 helpful

eBay cut on shipping supply size

Thought i would share the find as i personally kinda laughed at noticing it. Both from the eBay supply store. Both were bought as 6.25'' x 8.5'' and from the SAME listing. On the left the ones i bought 6 months ago. On the right the ones i bought las...

Problems printing a shipping label?

I've been trying to print a label this morning but once I filled out the info on both Shippo and eBay, the purchase label was grayed out. I was able to purchase a label of Snapship but can't get it to print. I saved it to a pdf file to see if I could...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Selling my EBay store to a new owner?

I would like to sell out my store completely to a new owner. Is this possible? The banking info and personal info would have to be updated of course. Have people done this before?

Invisible offers

Got 6 offers today, very good ones. I accepted all of them. Ebay sent the notification to my iPhone application and to my Seller Hub. No e-mail at all. Sometimes I get offers sent to my e-mails, sometimes only to my phone/seller hub. Anyone here expe...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customs duty / International return

Hello,I recently sold a higher ticket item in the computers category from my .CA store to a buyer in the USA. Sale price was 1100CAD + 65CAD shipping.About a week after the buyer had received the item they contacted me saying they were invoiced by Fe...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scam attempt

So i sold a trading card and buyer opened an INAD case. For my first time, buyer claims that the card is fake. I'm an experienced cards seller and the card is a no brainer authentic. At first i thought maybe the buyer was just lacking knowledge. I ex...

is it a scam?

I justreceived a text from the buyer from USA who says she's getting the item for a cousin in Ontario and wants to talk to me before proceeding with the payment. She also wants me to text her my username and price of the item... Is this a attempt of ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Strange view totals

I was checking the views on my listing yesterday. I saw that a crochet craft pattern that has been listed for over 6 months, and had about 12-15 views before (don't remember the exact number) was now at 75 views! By evening it was up to 90 and is now...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Advance warning

Look out sellers. Just spotted this very generous offer on the AU board. Kinda hope all the Australian sellers don't motor through their allotment. Not sure how long this promo has been up and running. I'm not registered to list on AU. -Lotz

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1681743263658.png

Ebay take big big big fees like a crook

I sell one item for 40.00$ +24.36 (shipping) = 64.36$ Ebay add to buyer taxes including fees 9.83$ = big total of 72.73$ from the customer and Ebay take a big 11.35% for fees )0: how much left to me 53.46$ now I sell my part only for around 30.00$ no...

• 11 replies
  • 3 helpful

How to indicate on customs form that the taxes have been collected by eBay

I have sold a rather expensive item on ebay but ebay canada only offers $100 insurance by Canada Post or Fedex. Instead I will ship via UPS and pay for the additional insurance. How do I fill out the customs for to show that ebay has already taken th...

Need honest advice on how to improve my listings to buyers

I am a long time canadian seller of Lego sets mostly and have tried a few things to my listings to improve them. Examples are: Offering returns at buyers expenseSending offers to buyersLowering the prices of some setsOffering free shipping on selecte...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Scam complete Let's see if I can win an appeal. Very sad if SCAMMER WINS

Brief history. I am a perfect above standard seller with 500+ postiive feedback.I sold a brand new and tested by me metal and plastic item that was well packaged, and the box arrived with no damage(Fedex provided pictures on delivery). Buyer claimed ...

Taxes: How to include inventory purchased in prior years for new business on T2125?

I'm a collector, so in the past I've purchased in bulk/lots and removed some items for personal use. I've only sold a small number of used items from my collections on eBay in the past due to not having enough time to dedicate to listing/selling. The...

Resolved! Views down of all a sudden...along with Sales...

Hey Folks! Hope you had a nice Easter/Passover break.Just wanted to chime in regarding view count...I've noticed all of a sudden during the last week or so, my view count for my Items has suddenly plundered...along with a big drop in sales and even o...

Getting Paid With Paypal - No More?

Is there any way we sellers can still get paid through Paypal, now that we've been forced to switch to Managed Payments? I don't see PP as an option for getting paid anymore, and I'm extremely disappointed. I greatly preferred getting paid with PP, s...

• 21 replies
  • 5 helpful

"book your free expert consultation with ebay ads"

anyone done this yet? if you have, give me your coles notes on it and thumbs up / thumbs down on if you thought it was effective or not, or if you learned anything you didnt already know. I'm extremely skeptical.

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Error posting

Anyone else having issues posting new listings?"Well, this is embarrassing.We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second.Please try again later." Tried different browsers, phone, resuming drafts. It basically dies after the catego...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer requesting refund.

Hi,I recently sold an item to a buyer who after receiving it is unhappy and wants a refund.He’s stating that the item is not mint and wants to return it.In my original listing I provided 6 sided photos of the item clearing showing the condition of th...

Labels