Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

PST now being charged on fees effective Jan 1, 2023

I just noticed effective Jan 1, 2023 I'm being charged an extra 7% on top of the legit 5% GST regarding fees. I suspect this is PST (depends on your province in Canada) of fees which is questionable because I believe PST is only on goods and services...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

I am done with insuring my items!

I don't understand way some buyers just don't care to help when they receive an item damaged. They just want a refund.I asked this buyer ( buyer in USA ) to please fill the insurance claim and send more pictures. This way the insurance can let me kno...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Cancelled Orders Impacting My Selling Limit

Hi I am a new seller on Ebay since early December 2022. I have a 10 item selling limit like all new sellers. I have had 3 cancellations and 3 sales happen on me so far. Unfortunately these 3 cancelations count towards my selling limits and I can only...

Competitor success to sell at higher price

I have a competitor selling the same product in the same condition at way higher price and for obsur reasons, he sells more than me. I tried everything. I noticed the tendancy for a few months now. Tried to relist, changed pictures, description, mark...

Check you sales

I went to check something in the hub this morning and found that I had a sale about 12 hours ago. I have 2 email addresses because they don't always come up on Outlook, but they were not in either, it may just be my account.

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Paying to return. Maybe the new normal for online retailers & B & M

A few things to ponder the next time you are considering a return.Don’t want that item? Returning it could cost youhttps://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/business/online-returns-stores-zara-abercrombiehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/comments/zc48sz/she_ret...

Sketchy buyer filing a dispute. Help

A few days ago, a customer who purchased a book from me THREE MONTHS AGO filed a dispute with her payment institution, requesting her payment back, and the reason indicated for this dispute is that "the buyer did not recognize the transaction". Not t...

Return Shipping from another country?

I recently had someone request a return for "item not as described". I don't agree with them, but I've accepted the return because I don't want to hurt my eBay stats.I am still fairly new to selling on eBay, and have not had to do a single return so ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Initiated Return For Item Still in Transit

Not really sure what I do in this situation...I sold an item within Canada, shipped it the next day (with tracking), and it's a day or two from being delivered.The buyer decides 10 days after purchase that they can get a better price, and initiates a...

Resolved! Free shipping or not?

Hello Canadian sellers! I need advice!My sales are slow so I am reviewing my store. Also, I had more complaints recently about my shipping fees, which are always exactly the amount that I have to pay to ship the item with Canada Post, so no profits t...

Strange feedback - would you reply to it?

I sold an item, a sewing pattern and received the following feedback: Great item and price. Seller works with you to lower price. I'm very happy. Its positive feedback, however I never lowered the price or the shipping cost. At first I thought she ha...

New board on Community - Starting an eBay Business

Hello Community! I've created a new board called 'Starting an eBay Business'. Are you new to eBay and want to learn more? Come post your question. Are you a veteran eBay users who has lots of great tips? We'd love to hear from you!

Seller Fees Display has been modified

It appears eBay has modified the display for Seller fees for multiple item purchases.Again. See examples below.Dec 5 transaction for 3 units sold in Canada (Old) Extended total is correct.Dec 18 transaction for 4 units sold in Canada (New)v Extension...

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1671482323187.png lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1671482458296.png

Listing Forever Stamps

As an FYI/heads up. Why there are different policies regarding the selling of permanent/forever stamps on the 2 sites. Who knows? Only reason I noticed was a US seller had listings ended. Not sure how many of approx 1500 listings I found when I did a...

Resolved! What's a reasonable time frame for SURFACE shipping of a large parcel to the UK?

I sent it out on Nov 7th, sat in Montreal until the 23rd of Nov...and now the tracking just shows it 'in transit'. My buyer is quite patient but I'm starting to get concerned. Check with Royal Mail UK and it shows the same thing. Any thoughts ? I'm t...

How do I change Shipping Option AFTER SOLD

I had Canada Post Selected Initially- The Item Sold and as I was close- I actually hand delivered to the customer and now I cannot close the sale and the customer was happty and left feedback///// HELP

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't Add Chequing Account For Payments

So, I haven't sold on here for a while, but have a few specific items I wanted to sell. Since I last was on here we've had managed payments etc. So I went to add a chequing account by clicking on the link and I get a 404. https://ppcapp.ebay.ca/myppc...

Resolved! no more store without a paying subscription

It seems that without a paying subscription, I don't have a store anymore. When I go to my Seller Hub and move my mouse over "store" there's no dropdown menu anymore. If I click on it, I get different subscription offers, the lowest being 19$ per mon...

Ahh, hit the Time Away button.

Pretty satisfied with the year, and have hit the Time Away button until the new year. Even though I was mainly selling a bit off existing listings, it is so nice to just park it all for a while and not worry about shipments or questions, etc. I saw t...

Flip chart.png Flip chart.png
  • 0 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! No expedited shipping for package within Canada

I had a buyer purchase several lots of yarn, and I had to do a special listing, because as usual they were unable to ask for a combined shipping invoice. So I got the details packed it up in a box and asked for the postal code. I checked the details ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels