Forum Posts

Resolved! Fed-ex shipping discount offered to eBay sellers

As a CDN legacy user seller on eBay, I noticed the Fed-ex shipping discount they offering us sellers does not always post the same as the amt offered rate? Example Buyer pays 15.00 regular shipping, Fed-ex offered to ship at a big discount, of say on...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Canadapost Calculator Sept 8, 2022

devon@ebay There appears to be a return of issues again with the eBay postage calculator and the postage being collected from the buyer. Just processed an order using Small Packet Air to the USA. According to CP postage rate should be 9.26 (Counhter ...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1662682180579.png lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1662682498241.png

Resolved! New Advanced Listing Tool Announced

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/04/18/7973/ It acknowledges deletion of watermarks on photos, then says all seller photos will be automatically eligible for use in eBay's Product Catalogue unless the seller opts out. Then provides instructions that...

• 56 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! How to find a member on eBay?

For the last couple of days I have been having questions from someone supposedly on eBay, the emails were not coming through one of my listings. The location said Algeria, I explained that I don't sell there, but they said they were in Montreal. They...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it to early to list Vintage Christmas ornaments?

I have a few boxes of decent vintage Christmas ornaments that I am ready to list. I think that post-labour day is a good time for listing them, or is it better to wait a few more weeks? And it just may not matter at all!

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

"Calculate shipping" tab not working again for international orders

 once again on the shipping calcultor the "Calculate shipping" button isn't working only when the internaltional destination is selected , a small google search shows it has been a problem before. to be clear when clicking on the button it doesn't ta...

ebay.png

Return Process, when not sent back?

I have a return request that I accepted. The deadline to ship it back was yesterday, and at the deadline the buyer inputted that it had been shipped back, but did not provide a tracking number. 99.5% sure this was not true and it will not be returned...

return.jpg return.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

How is shipping to Europe these days?

When the new VAT program came in in Europe, last July i think it was, I sent two packages to Europe shortly after. Both got returned to me, despite the fact of me putting on the customs code correctly. At that point i blocked Europe from all of my li...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

No label purchase option for return

Just accepted my first return i'm not used to it and i can't see any option to buy a shipping label on ebay The only options i have in return details is to upload my own label, confirm i already sent a label, or that i can't send a label I find this ...

Resolved! Government ID verification for MP glitch

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I got an email last week requesting verification of identity asking for passport number or driving licence number, so that my managed payments could be activated, when I tried to add them I just got a...

Glitch in the eBay App resetting the Handling cost - calculated shipping only to zero

tyler@ebay When I start a new listing (existing template or brand new) on the desktop, add pictures on the App, then go back on the desktop for a last edit and listing, I notice that the App consistently resets the Handling cost - calculated shipping...

Need Help - Funds on hold because I don't have tracking details, but I can't get any

Recently shipped off a Nintendo Switch game to a buyer, and since the package was so tiny for the game, it was going through Canada Post lettermail. The shipping was decently cheap, but they wanted another $20 for the tracking number, which I said no...

• 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Shipping Prices

Just totally for my own curiosity... Why does a package with dimensions of 24x19x1.5 cm with a weight of .05 KG cost 13.13 to ship to Florida but costs 19 to ship to an address an hour from my house in ontario?

Would it be in bad taste to call the police on a buyer for not returning items?

Short V: Sold an item, they claimed it wasn't as described, I spoke to eBay and they issued sellers protection with the assurance that they'd handle it all pls remove the -refund hold. Filed it as a false claim as well. Then got a message from eBay s...

eBay.com listings delivery estimate totally wrong

For those selling on eBay.com how accurate are your delivery estimate dates? I'm getting annoyed at how wrong they are for me. My listings are set to same day handling/shipping with UPS 3-Day shipping. All my orders to US get delivered in 2 business ...

New shipping policies

This is a dog's breakfast. I hate it. Anyone else having a problem? I have wasted so much time on this.

Almost got charged $1 for revising an item?

I was changing the category of one of my items because Ebay stuck it in the wrong sub category when they added all their new sub categories. So i moved it and was about to click 'revise' when i noticed the $1 plus tax charge. What's up with that? So ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Preferred Way to Ship Via CP Online

Good afternoon all, I've been selling for a few years, and have only ever taken my items in to the post office once a week to have physically shipped. Naturally, this takes a bit of time, and is certainly not the most efficient. Part of it was becaus...

New Listing Format/Tool

...so I went to revise one of my listings this fine morning, here in Montreal. And I found myself face to face with that (already being battered and bruised) Listing layout, tool, mess (item specifics anyone). I got as far as looking at the "simplifi...

• 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Any Pool Noodle fans?

Anyone else a fan of pool noodles for packing? I ship some heavier gear and odd shaped stuff and use them pretty often. The compression is just right to cushion but not bottom out. Slices can be cut off for small items, cut in half to create corner p...

• 5 replies
  • 5 helpful

Item Specifics - change to Books

I just noticed the IS for books now has Required - which it won't post without and is only no-brainers like Language, Title and AuthorRecommendedand Additional - where there is a longish list of not always applicable IS.Neither of the latter need to ...

No I will not set up a special listing for you.

The item has been up for less than 24 hours. The member tells me he can't make an offer, because he has two UID Strikes already. But if I would reduce the price he could pay. And of course he is on a Fixed Income. Surprise little buddy. I have member...

Resolved! Default Item Location is wrong in new listing page

Was just forced to use the new listing page and noticed my Item Location is defaulting to my old address postal code. I changed it on my first listing and hoped it would remember but it doesn't my second listing still have the old postal code. I've c...

Labels