Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

NEW IMPORTANT BUG - FALSE LATE DELIVERY

Hello, I recently get late delivery defects for items which were delivered ahead of schedule. Here is an example: The item was shipped by "Economy Shipping from Canada / 5-12 business days". The item was paid on Sunday, shipped on Monday, delivered o...

Image5.jpg
User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

What happens when/if ebay does not collect the tax

Okay....Sold a item, and now have a question that involves ebay new policy to collect taxes on sales .Sent invoice for used camera buyer paid BUT there is no tax been collected. Any one have an idea of who is responsible for the sales tax, if ebay do...

Resolved! Non Paying Buyers

I realize you can let non paying buyer situations run their course but in the case if a seller wants to try to close early(the option is there to cancel) because there has been zippo contact from the buyer which option is the best bet to use? 1. Prob...

Sign in

What is it with eBay that we have to sign in like 20 times a day?? Can it stay open for 24 hours? I usually check eBay and then go to kitchen to make soup or bake cake, cookies and back to eBay and forth all day.

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Any news when is ebay going to merge the US and Canada rate shipping calculators?

Shipping rates across Canada soared recently. Shipping to remote coast areas north of Québec for something as heavy as 3 kilogram costs now about 60-70 CAD. This is more than a double the rate it takes to ship same item anywhere Alberta which would c...

Theft

So how many of you have had items stolen? And what did you do about it? And how supportive was ebay during the process?

A buyer refunded my purchase and didn’t cooperate with the return so now eBay is screwing me

I tried to send a return label to the buyer but I didn’t have a return address and they didn’t send me their address and I couldn’t find it in my email so now eBay is taking $250 out of my bank account and refuses to send me my product back

Canadian Seller registered on .com. Can I select CAD for managed payment list on .ca?

I registed on ebay.com before .ca even existed. Does that mean that by default my default currency for managed payments is USD? If I want to select CAD as my currency for managed payments does that mean that I need to create a new account or is there...

RE: German Packaging Act circumvention by German customers via parcel forwarding services?

A question for the ebay help / legal team and/or anyone else in the know - personally I'll be shutting down all sales into the German market to comply with the act, but this did cross my mind as many folks around the world do this now, and even some ...

• 23 replies
  • 1 helpful

Extending time away beyond 30 days is easy.

I've had occaision to have to temporarily close my store and was able to re-open today. As a test, it has been postulated before but I wanted to confirm, what happens if one needs to have a time away longer than the 30 day limit. Today I ended time a...

• 1 replies
  • 4 helpful

Help! Shipping options to the USA Not Working/Not showing up

Hey, I'm really hoping an experienced seller can help me out here. I have contacted Ebay 3 TIMES and not once have they been a lick of help! I'm losing patience and contemplating switching to a different online marketplace. -I only am shipping to Can...

Ebay stole money from my Bank Account

In September I posted my auctions as I normally do on the last day of the month to take advantage of the 100,000K free listings. About 7 days later I see check my bank account to see ebay took out close to $4000 in sellers insertion fees. This has ne...

ebay 22.JPG ebay23.JPG

cancellations / refund requests within minutes of purchase, with no explanation/message/apology?

I have been noticing the last several months an emergent trend: people buying items, usually new customers, then within five minutes requesting cancellation of the purchase and a refund - no message, explanation or oops, sorry, this or that was the r...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re: Leaving feedback about a buyer

I'm not quite understanding the idea of leaving feedback about a buyer right after the item has been mailed but before it could have been recived. Not too much I could say other than the funds went through. Something I'm missing about this proceedure...

Canadian SIN number now being demanded by managed payments team? is this no longer optional?

Hi, Hopefully I can get some help / traction here. I was forced to sign up on the first of Jan 1 2021 to the MP program, via a very threatening time sensitive email. It did not disclose any additional personal information being required of me, so ext...

Managed Payments $US account - which bank?

For those sellers who have decided to get their payouts in $US, which bank are you using and have you already set it up with MP? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices for $US chequing accounts and they all seem to have some sort of fee.

• 27 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay Managed Payment amounts to 27% in Fees!

I recently sold an item on Ebay Canada, the item itself listed for $274.95 Cnd + Mailing $58.75 Cdn. for a total of $333.70 Cdn.$282.96 Cdn was deposited in my bank account + $39.25 Cdn will be withdrawn for mailing from my bank account.$333.70 - $28...

Resolved! Need some advice before I respond to buyer.

I sold a CD, buyer recieved it, posted positive feedback and today I got a message that he noticed that one of the spines had faded and instead of red it was a pink and that he wanted to know if I had another one that he could swap out. I don't. Norm...

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Resolved! Free Listings

This past winter I was given 100,00 free promo listings monthly only to be cut down to 250 this spring. Ebay representatives say 250 is the max amount without any promos from here forth, I feel that I am being forced to pay for a store subscription f...

So Many Listings with No Views

As I was relisting some items tonight, I noticed that about 50 to 60% of my items had 0 views in the last 30 days. I find this shocking. These are popular brands that usually receive a lot of views in any given month .... of course, only a few result...

• 51 replies
  • 3 helpful
Labels