Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Canada Post Shipping Prices are Getting Brutal!

Been on ebay for over 20 years. Live in Ontario and shipped a small paperback ( 160g ) to BC the other day. Cost me over $21. Today I shipped an 800g book from postal code P0J to Ontario postal code L1B ( not that far away ) and is was $21.21. Added ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 57 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canada Post down for the weekend and Monday?

i just got home from the PO. I was told that the CP computer system is down nationwide. Has been all weekend and still is today. Apparently this was a planned update to the computer system. So no packages can be shipped anywhere. I could only buy Can...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sketchy Buyer keeps saying he needs to pay

I got a sale for one of my items, however the Buyer is located in Denmark. I've checked their profile and they created it 2 days before this purchase. No worries, we all had to make our first purchase at some point. So they message me saying "You don...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why can't a buyer in France make payment? eBay tells buyer I don't send to his address

They always could in the past - many happy French buyers, but now I have one whose payment is refused by eBay saying that I don't accept his address.Why does eBay insist on lying on my behalf?Why does eBay block France when the listing only blocked Q...

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Dissapointed with Promoted results

With sales being slow, I decided to put some of my higher priced items with Promoted. I listed some silk yarn. Most people looking would put "silk yarn", which I tried. I scrolled though 2 pages, no sign of it. I put in the full title which has a lon...

• 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

Shipping Cost Are Very Steep...

Dear eBay, sellers are facing steep shipping costs especially recently. It would be nice if you did not take a percentage off the shipping fees when we sell an item - which shouldn't be the case in the first place. It's particularly hard for small se...

INR when tracking shows delivered?

Short version, I had an auction of an item of nominal value, two buyers bid it up to the moon, the winner paid (five times what the thing was worth). Shipped. Tracking shows delivered June 30. On July 6 buyer files INR. eBay won't close it in my favo...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tax Exempt Canadian Buyers - Is it correct that they need to apply for the rebate on their own?

I've done some research and come across some "zombie" threads on this topic. I want to verify I am handling things correctly, and best assisting the buyer. If I am serving a buyer who claims tax exemption, because I give an invoice with my GST/HST in...

Advice needed: Do i ship or not?

i had a buyer purchase from me a few days ago. We had communicated back and forth prior to his purchase, as he wanted some details about the item before he bought. Then he bought. However after he paid he sent me the following message: "I just buy it...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I use the UR number

Hello guys,I sold an item almost 3 weeks ago using US Air Small Packet. I received a tracking numberfrom Ebay and a UR number shows on the label. Canada Post said the item is untrackable or that it could just be late getting to the customer. Is there...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Seller Hub - terrible for sellers

Been on eBay for 11 years. Recently came back from a multi-year break to start selling again. I list around 100 items and get familiar with the way eBay looks. This morning I am in this "new seller hub" which is terribly designed and way too complica...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST Number

Tomorrow, eBay begins to charge Canadian buyers the appropriate GST/HST/QST/PST on all (taxable) purchases, so almost everything. Typically, when one buys something online or in stores, the seller would provide a receipt with a GST registration numbe...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Offer History

Is anyone aware of what happened to the Best offer tab that was at the top of a sellers listing page? There is one called Send Offers -- Sent.... but it is light on details (2 offers sent from Aug 2021...Offers sent ages ago and long expired. Nothing...

July Supplies Coupon

Any signs of July coupon for shipping supplies? Tape delay due to the US holiday? Normally shows on summary page. In speaking to a seller that recently opened up a store mid June, they were advised by eBay CS that they didn't qualify for the coupon u...

Germany’s VerpackG (Packaging Act)

For those sellers who ship to Germany>The new regulations take effect on 1st July 2022.Based on the Packaging Act amendments coming into effect on 1st July 2022, online marketplaces, are required to verify that sellers have a valid LUCID registration...

For those that sell hockey cards.....

I think it's time to start parting with my hockey cards.. I have a few of decent value but have a few questions. 1 - None of my cards are graded. Can i expect reasonable sales with ungraded cards (I assume value will be less or average book value)2 -...

Sending and receiving offers

As an FYI to anyone using Best Offers, something interesting to pay attention to. If someone sends you a random offer it is in affect for 24 hours. If you send an offer or counter offer it is good for 48 hours. I believe in the USA a seller can choos...

Offer.jpg counter offer.jpg

Why BC News Reporting Exclusive $10K Annual Sales Provincial Tax Collection?

My understanding is the new Internet Sales Tax starting today applies to ALL provinces for ALL online sellers. Why are the news outlets reporting this is the only BC province charging Sales tax for sellers with gross annual sales over $10,000???"Onli...

eBay now charging GST on sales?

I am from Canada and recently learnt that Bay is now charging me 11.5% final value fee on both final price and shipping cost since July 1, 2017 rather than just 10%. I have been told that it is because eBay is now charging me the GST and PST on my sa...

Ebay collecting GST/HST/PST/QST

I just had my first sale since "ebay takes over" collecting tax and well that didnt go well lol!!! the sale was at Jul 1, 2022 00:53:59 EST I have a tax table and it looks like it has NOT been disabled lol My first sale was to BC which was GST 5% bef...

sale.jpg
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can feedback be given after a partial postage refund?

I was on the US .com discussion boards and read that once any sort of refund was given by a seller to buyer, the buyer can then not give feedback.-regardless of the reason for the refund. I wondered it that were true for Canada? I am a new seller and...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels