Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Comments from Canada Post about returned package

I just phoned Canada Post. Now I am not sure about the knowledge of the rep, he at first insisted that letter mail was only up to 50g. I went over all the specs. for the one returned, he thought it must be a problem with my post office. I told him th...

env.jpg
User avatar by Community Member
  • 24 replies
  • 1 helpful

My listing was removed as counterfeits

I received a message from ebay saying that they removed my listing because it was reported as counterfeit by the owner. The problem is it's not a counterfeit. The listing has multiple items and I have kept this listing for more than a year. It wasn't...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item Shipped and Delivered but money still on HOLD ? How long doe's Ebay keep payment on Hold?

Hi! I haven't sold on ebay since a few years. I was used to Paypal... I added my bank account to the new ebay payment and comfirmed my bank account. I sold for around 600$ of items and thoses items were shipped with the ebay Canada Post print label.S...

I AM MISSING OFFERS!

Hi. Hoping you experienced users can help me with something quite simple. I have only about a dozen items for sale on Ebay at any time. I like to accept offers but I notice I don't get notification of offers via email from Ebay. Is there a setting fo...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Real Time Tracking

velvet@ebay Recently there was a popup as I went to update tracking for a shipment. As far as I know there was no messaging from eBay about this change or if it is APP driven only. Attached is a discussion on dot com. Does anyone know if this functio...

Scam or not?

OK. Have not run into this before. I have a buyer who purchased 4 identical items. Didn't ask for a discount or a combined shipping option. I go into the dtails and find that each item has a different mailing address. According to ebay the items are ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Best Practice for Canada to US, Canada Post/USPS Label Purchase

Hello good reader, If you purchase a label through eBay you are restricted from updating tracking info.This prevents the Seller from updating the carrier from Canada Post to USPS. On the Canada side tracking will be accurate, but once package is acce...

Resolved! Questions about selling directly through PayPal

Hello everyone, first time seller here. I have received and accepted an offer from a buyer on an item.When it came to the payment, the buyer wants to pay me directly through PayPal, instead of paying me through the regular eBay solution. Could someon...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

sales tax in Alberta

Ebay s charging Alberta residents a sales tax on bills They charge a 13% GST HST tax in Alberta The Province does not have a sales tax Only a 5 % GST tax so check your bills they have been charging us all too much Tax

Canada shipping rates... can you check how much this would cost you? (Curious if my rates are good)

Hey guys! I just negociated my new discount level with Canada Post and somehow I feel it's still crazy expensive (I send ~15k packages per year). Could you have a look how much it would cost you to ship the following package? From H1A 0A9To M3C 0C2Le...

Did you notice ebay doesn't refund platform fee on partial refunds to give buyers if there's no case

If buyer doesn't open a case and instead contacts me directly and we resolve things amicably by providing the buyer some partial refund, ebay doesn't give me back that portion of the money that ebay withheld as welling fee. For example, item sold for...

Sold identical item, to same state , same price, but sale tax collected was different?

2 days ago i sold an item for 28.99 plus 8.85 shipping to a buyer in NY. Today i sold another of the same item, at the same price to a buyer in NY. Sales tax collected on todays sale was 3.31, on the sale from two days ago it was 3.03. A difference o...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

New (No) Views - is really deflating/demotivating

It is probably good that the views we see are actual views, however, makes me want to give up selling. April / May low sales, now low views. Definately not going to buy any more inventory. Will have to reconsider what I am selling now, prices, descri...

Resolved! Help - is this buyer scamming?

I am new (back again after ten yrs) seller - in Canada - giving potential buyer chance to send me their posts or zip codes, and I in turn will describe types of shipping available and prices, timing, tracking etc. This is stated clearly, with a ratio...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

One third of small packets to the US experience significant processing delay...anyone else?

This keeps happening. Since i started entering the UR barcodes for small packets i send to the US, i've noticed that almost exactly 1/3 of the packages i send to the US experience a significant processing delay at Mississauga Gateway before being for...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! International shipments Chit Chats Asendia Priority Tracked to EU post July 1, 2021?

Does anyone have any experiences of shipping with Chit Chats using Asendia Priority Tracked to EU (such as Germany, UK, France, etc) after the July 1, 2021 changes? On a recent order, the buyer paid VAT and eBay provided the IOSS number. On Chit Chat...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Promoted listing mystery!

There is something that is bothering me on my page and I can't figure out what the issue is - it's not a big deal but nonetheless, I am finding it irksome... I have 935 listings - 934 of them are eligible for promoted listing - so what is the other 1...

Europe VAT?

So I just saw this "warning" when I was about to print a shipping label for Germany... Please be advised that Canada Post has not yet updated their services to follow the new EU VAT regulations (IOSS) which went into effect on July 1, 2021. If you se...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Final Value Fee CREDITS??

Transactions don't always go perfectly, and in the past eBay did not necessarily charge us when they went south.That seems to have changed, Refunds and creditsYou’re responsible for final value fees whether you complete a transaction or not, but in s...

Labels