Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Opening store

Hello, after 18 years on Ebay, I decided to open a Store, I list about 950 products every month, all in the Buy It Now category. My concern is that if I list these products on May 1 they will be automatically renewed on May 31, will Ebay charge me fo...

Resolved! Why do Buyer requested cancels cost Sellers money?

I'm back to vent (after months away), to hopefully get eBay to think about another one of their awesome "features". Today a Buyer purchased an item, paid, and then 15 seconds later requested a cancellation. 'It would not arrive soon enough'. Problem ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does eBay offer listing backgrounds

I just recently quit using Auctive because of their ridiculous rate increase and listed a couple of radios using the eBay listing service. The leBay istings look bland - no colour or backgrounds. Does eBay offer anything like that?

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Update from Tyler

Hi everyone - I wanted to share with you that I have accepted a position with an outside company and my last day with eBay will be Tuesday April 19. Thank you for sharing not just your expertise and feedback, but also your lives with me. I’ve loved g...

• 15 replies
  • 8 helpful

CRA reporting sale vs payout after Dec 31

So payouts are not made the same day as a sale. If I have a sale on Dec 31 2021 but the payout doesn't hit my bank till Jan 2nd 2022 am I including this in the '21 tax year reporting or does it get pushed to '22 year?

Resolved! vacation mode

I was on vacation for three weeks and put all my listings on "vacation mode". I have over 800 listings and do not have a store. I ended the "time away" last night and I am now being charged all these insertion fees. Why is this happening?

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

CHITCHATS EXPRESS LOST PACKAGE

I recently shipped a package with ChitChats. The tracking shows they accepted the package on March 23. USPS is still "waiting" for the package as on April 13. Here is the answer I got from the ChitChats support team: Thank you for your patience while...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

is it possible to send a refund after 6 months?

I just got a message from a buyer that item bought and mailed Aug 18, 2021 did not arrive. He requested a refund. Is there any way to do this? eBay only keeps the sales info for 90 days, hence no refund button. I could send $ via Paypal if I had his ...

Do non store owners still get the same number of free pictures per listing as store owners?

i'm giving up my .com basic store at the end of the month and am wondering if i will still get the same number of free pictures per lising i am used to getting now. I dont trust Ebay's information which is usually out of date, so i thought i'd ask th...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Invoicing discrepancy. Is this a new Glitch?

Just had a sale. There was a bit of a delay to the payment so separate email. Note discrepancies for shipping. Has anyone else ever seen this? They should match. My only concern would be receiving what was actually due for postage and NOT being short...

Screenshot 2022-04-12 151041.jpg Screenshot 2022-04-12 150527.jpg

Should I text a potential buyer

Hello everyone, I just accepted my first offer from the buyer. She then sent me a messagesaying that she has a question about the item and wants me to text her at her private email address. Is this the right way to do things. Why cantshe ask the ques...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Holding Funds and closing my seller account, Allowing Fradulent Buyers; Considers Me a Risk?

Dear Customer, My sincere apologies for the wait you have had had to have for receiving the items that you rightfully paid for and purchased on my Ebay store. On April 6th, Ebay decided to Permanently shut off my store without giving me any due notic...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ship to a different address

Have a buyer, already paid, who now wishes me to send to a new address. Something in my mind has a niggle of a warning against doing this. Ebay policy? Common sense, or plain old seller paranoia? Any input is good, thanks in advance guys and dolls, A...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to handle shipping labels for pre-orders

Hello, I'm fairly new to selling and I just made my first sale for an item that will not ship until July. I couldn't figure out how to set the listing to reflect that, but I made sure to make it clear in my ad. I also followed up with the buyer to le...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone with recent experiences with selling to Mexico?

Mexico is normally on my blocked countries list but someone actually bothered to message me for the first time ever... in Spanish (thank you Google translate) if I would ship there. Somehow I was feeling adventurous and said yes, and replied with an ...

mexico_500g.jpg mexico_500g.jpg
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! need advice quick!

So. .I just received a polite msg from a buyer who notified me that the face cream came with no box. I did put nib when creating the listing, because I believed it was boxed at the time of posting. The buyer purchased it quickly, before I could even ...

Canada Post Online Customs Forms

I had a nice trip to the post office today to ship off a package with the accompanying Small Packet form that I have used countless times before. The person at the counter said, oh, sorry, we don't take those anymore, you will have to do it all onlin...

Help with creating Variations

How do I create variations on a listing? I can't find the Variations category or button on the sell page (please see my attached screenshot). Thanks in advance.

Resolved! Leaving feedback

How do you tell a first time buyer how to leave feedback, she is asking? I hope there is an easy way, she is quite elderly.

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item Returned Insufficient Postage

Two weeks after mailig an item( single postage stamp) with 92 cents postage and regular envelope , weight 18 grams. Item returned as insufficient postage, Why ?. About same time the buyer files an item not received case. I promply mailed item with ne...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! MONTHLY SALES SUMMARY

I received a Monthly Financial Summary from eBay but theres nothing on there except my payouts. What about a monthly summary of eBay's fees, and GST I paid etc. I need a "printable report" (not a spreadsheet format) that shows items sold, eBay fees/G...

Labels