Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Resolved! Shipping to Russia

Hi,I ship all over the world through Chit Chats Express. Their service is GREAT. But today I had to send 2 refunds for goods not received in Russia. I know it's not the fault of Chit Chats. It's something happening over there. I never had a problem t...

US Tax & International Fees

I'm a Canadian seller & it's just crazy Ebay charges a Final Value Fee on Taxes Collected by Ebay "on my behalf' lol for US buyers + charged HST on the Final Value Fee, not to mention a International Seller Fee when buyers address is outside of Canad...

Resolved! USA Ebay Collected Tax - Is there a list of Tax Rates State by State that ebay charges USA Buyers?

Hi, As the title asks...Is there a state by state list of the Ebay Collected USA taxes that I can refer to so I can better calculate my handling fee on an item by item basis since we are charged fees on the tax and then charged GST on the fees. I sol...

Do low feedback buyers have Buyer Protection?

So I sold an item to a member with low feedback (less than 10) and they're saying the item hasn't arrived. There's no tracking because it was not a high value sale. I'm wondering, if the buyer opens up an "Item Not Received" case, will ebay side with...

eBay is having trouble sending money to my BMO bank account

I sold an item to a Korean buyer early January and buyer paid for the item shortly after. However, it seems like eBay is constantly trying to send this money to my bank account yet all transactions have failed. My bank account in Bank of Montreal (On...

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.58.22 PM.png
User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

FYI for anyone using Canada Post Tracked service

For anyone that processes a sale where the customer has specific shipping instructions(closest option to safe drop) you are able to update shipping options for that package. Parcel must be with a tracked services. (As per CP agent for shipper). Rules...

Screenshot 2022-03-03 132957.jpg

USPS tracking: 'Return to Sender' then 2 hours later 'Delivered'.....anyone have an explanation?

Sent a package to an APO (army post office) box. Buyer is stationed in the Pacific Theatre. After waiting a long time for it to be picked up by the buyer (available for pick up since Feb 11), the scans today said 'Return to Sender' but then a couple ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Package Sent From Kelowna To Puerto Rico Went to Vancouver Then San Francisco and then....Anchorage?

Is this right? I thought the GSP had a nasty carbon footprint... {Tracking reads Bottom To Top} It's on the way to the buyer.AcceptedStep 1 - Completed - Accepted Sun, Feb 20Sun, Feb 20In transitStep 2 - In Progress - In transitOut for deliveryStep 3...

Ebay labels overcharging?

Hello, On Feb 20 I purchased a shipping label from eBay for $14.81 Regular Parcel. I owed 78cents since I did not have enough funds in my eBay account but now I see on Feb 24 they added $1.03 to amount I owed for a total of $1.81. The package was del...

Canada /USA returns

a few times I have had USA sellers ask for returns for example one time Mind change and one time they accuse me of having counterfeit product which is absurd, untrue And unfounded. I do not technically accept returns but that doesn’t matter at all, I...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Doing everything as directed by eBay

Recently I auctioned out my original Pokemon books that I have kept in mint condition (brand new). It is quite rare to have a 20 years old books in brand new condition. As expected, the books were sold for USD $360. We carefully pack the books with a...

Do you ever check out the address of your buyer?

If my buyer is relatively new, less than 5 feedback. I always google the address and more than a few times I have caught errors, like an apt missing, zip or postal code is incorrect, wrong address etc. Normally it is a normal house but this time, WOW...

Resolved! Positive feedback percentage

Hey guys, recently my feedback percentage went down. I wasn't at 100 percent positive feedback to begin with but I am working my way up to the highest percentage possible. I recently got positive feedback and my percentage went up but then the next d...

Ebay Customer Service Not Following Policy?? Help

So I am a Canadian seller as a hobby for 5 plus years, and always been Top-rated with 100% feedback. I sold a jersey to a buyer in the US in early January. It was only worth $30 so I did not get tracking and sent it by Canada Post USA Small Packet. I...

Managed Payments Chargeback - I was protected.

In January I was asked to respond to a payment dispute outside eBay from a purchase made late October. I "submitted" the information that was already part of the sales record (shipping info and address). Today the credit card company found in favour ...

• 6 replies
  • 2 helpful

Conflict with accepted return.

A buyer wanted to return an item because of damage. I accepted the return. They/eBay have stated that a tracking number was uploaded, implying the return had been mailed.The distance between us is about 1 hour of driving and should've arrived several...

Canada Post

Hello. Has anyone else been informed hockey cards have to mailed by small packet to the States due to the plastic top loaders? If so, have you figured out a way to ship without raising your costs to cover? Thanks

Suspensions

Im a new seller on ebay...But didnt even list any item or created my seller account..I heard from people that when we created our seller account and during the payoneer verification period our accounts can be suspended and also after creating the ver...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer offering same as buy it now price??

Hello,I am a new Canadian seller and I am curious as to why a buyer would offer me a price equal to the asking price? Is this another seller trying to have my item hidden while I wait for funds??On top of that I counter-offered the same price and als...

How is the VAT situation to EU lately?

Now that we're in 2022, just curious how everything is coming along for sellers selling to Europe? eBay is still collecting VAT at point of sales. Are your buyers still getting double charged on VAT upon arrival? Anyone with experience selling to Fra...

• 31 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels
Most Helpful Authors