Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Resolved! eBay Store Ending

I have been wondering and contemplating ending my eBay Store Subscription.If I end my store, what happens to my current listings? Are they removed by eBay? Do they remain listed at higher selling prices? I am finding that my store cost subscription c...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Collected by eBay?

Was just checking on my 2021 sales and saw that there is an amount under fees and taxes - collected by eBay. Is this the taxed charged by US and International buyers?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

New specifications

We found that 945 of your listings are missing item specifics we recommend adding like brand, size, and color that buyers commonly search for.To get started, you can filter your active listings in Seller Hub for those missing recommended item specifi...

Is it personal income or business income?

Say you have a regular job where you get a T4 from your employer and on the side you sell on eBay. Is the eBay income considered business income and taxed separately and with business tax rate or are the profits from eBay sales just added to the same...

Odd Warning in a Listing.

I was browsing some listings and saw this one with the odd "Warning" underneath the items specifics box.Has anyone seen this before and/or have any idea what that is about? The listing URL is below, and I toook a screen shot which is below. https://w...

listing warning.jpg
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does This Sound Suspicious?

I sold a set of 3 soaps 2 weeks ago and a few days later I got a message saying they had leaked during transit. I had shrink wrapped them and put them in bubble bags. The customer was pretty upset so I sent out a new replacement. This was the first t...

Resolved! New option in Seller Preferences/Blocked Buyers setting.. Require buyers to provide a payment method

Hi. Maybe you're aware but I found out today there's a new setting in Blocked Buyers under your Account Settings/Seller Preferences. "Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer." The default is set to ON but you can turn it ...

Can a Canadian get an ITIN to eBay?

Have any Canadians out there been able to get an ITIN to eBay? I've been using a US address because I live on the border and cross it to ship to US buyers. Now, as we all know, I will need an ITIN to keep my US address so I can show quicker shipping ...

Downloading info for taxes

I posted earlier about not being able to get my monthly total for taxes for the beginning of last year. Just phone eBay and got the following info: Go to account settingsUnder personal information-Request your eBay data

• 0 replies
  • 4 helpful

Returned Over weight Prepaid Xpresspost Bubble Envelope?

Has anyone ever had a Canada Post Xpresspost bubble envelope returned for being over the weight limit? I realized my boo boo this morning,but it was too late to do anything about it (already sealed and addressed). I shipped it today and they didn't w...

Sending an Offer - Can you send to just one person?

I had a listing which was an auction with a Buy it Now option. I had a perspective buyer contact me to say she had been trying to Buy it Now and it wasn't working, she said my listing wouldn't even let her make a bid and asked me to "send her an offe...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

TRS but no seal

I supposely reached TRS status yesterday on the 20th evaluation, i have the requierements and it says ''if we evaluated you today'' that it's TRS, but i do not see the seal, did not received a confirmation or anything. Anyone knows if it's normal and...

Resolved! Buyers who Cancel after Auction finishes.

This is just me getting my thoughts out. What is worse? Non Paying Buyers....or Buyers who cancel item after winning auctions? EBay doesn't do enough to protect sellers against this nonsense IMO.What ya'll Think?Jake LS@thego2corner

Currency Conversion Fees

I have a bank account in the US & a bank account in Canada. I have two ebay accounts, both same email, one on ebay.ca & one on ebay.comI sell my products in USD.Would withdrawing in my CAD bank account force Ebay to charge me a conversion fee & if ye...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

shipping with netparcel

I am a very new seller. I have literally spent way too much time researching using Netparcel through Paypal and I'm so confused!I have yet to make a sale, so haven't had to deal with shipping yet.1) How do I go about using paypal Netparcel when I mak...

Canada Post 2022 postage/shipping rates

Hi everyone: Just wondering what the Canada Post shipping rates for 2022 will be. I imagine they will be changing again soon. Has anyone posted the rates here yet? Would be greatly appreciated. Looked on the Canada post website and couldn't find them...

Resolved! Problem with special listings

For the second time I needed to do a special listing for a US buyer, and again the charge come up with the Canadian shipping amount. You have to put in a shipping amount, and I have always made in higher in case someone in Canada is tempted to purcha...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Buyer asking why I don't accept credit cards?

I have a US buyer who won and auction and messaged me to ask why Paypal was my only accepted payment method because she wanted to pay by credit card. I messaged her back to say Paypal was not my only method, that I accept all payments acceptable by e...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Buy has package but canada post has it not delivered

Good day Sellers, I had a package sent to buyer, buyer has confirmed that he has received item, however canada post tracking has it not delivered with a note that notice was left at door. I contacted buyer stating this and buyer said he got it and sa...

Anyone know how to post Canada to South Korea over 4lbs?

Recently a buyer purchased a package from South Korea so we accepted the offer. It turns out Canada Post has a 3lbs. limit on parcels! Our parcel is 4.2 lbs. and we don't know how to mail the parcel and are worried we'll have to cancel.Does anyone in...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors