Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

canadian seller listing on ebay.com only is this good

I have a question for sellers selling ONLY in US dollars on ebay.com ? I have listing mostly listed on Ebay.com and and slowly removing does on ebay.ca . I noticed of course loosing my powerseller status on Ebay.ca . (now above standard). But It seem...

Promotion Extended

So I just received an e-mail saying that eBay is extending their free listing promotion. "Canadian sellers will not pay insertion fees on their first 100,000 listings up until March 29, 2022". I am glad as I didn't want to have to upgrade my store fr...

CANADA POST really screws up in a big way!!!!

I sent an expensive package to Germany with a tracking number and it was sitting at the customs for a week, verifying recipient's address; Possible Delay;It was unclaimed by recipient. Item being returned to sender;Item has been arrived in Canada and...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Managed Payments Sucks the Purpose Out of Selling by Taking 70%

On April 6, 2021, I received an eBay notice that if I don't sign on to eBay Managed Payments by April29th, "your ability to create new listings, as well as revising and relisting your items will be disabled." In this same message eBay states that by ...

Payment dispute…..makes no sense

This Saturday the 18 I received a message from eBay stating that this buyer had made a payment dispute through their credit card provider citing that the item hadn't been received.I provided EBay with tracking number which proves that this item had b...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Someone is accusing me of selling fake Pit Viper sunglasses

I listed two pairs of authentic Pit Viper sunglasses I ordered myself directly from the Pit Viper website. I am selling one pair because they got scratched and the other because I have a similar colorway. I just got a message from an eBay member sayi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

What currency does eBay.ca pay in? Can I change it?

I've updated my business account to the new managed payments months ago however I now have something personal to sell and on my personal account I was never asked if I wanted USD or CAD payments but I beleive my personal account was (unfortunately) d...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Item on hold in destination country

I just happened to check the tracking status of a 1.5kg tracked packet I sent to Germany 12 days ago, and noticed that it has the tracking status of Item on hold since March 21... What would be the cause of this? Is the buyer not picking up the parce...

• 44 replies
  • 0 helpful

New fee structure on Stallion Express

Anyone notice their new fee structure?1. 1st class (non-bubble / padded mailer): now with NO tracking.2. bubble/ padded mailer: nearly double the price of previous fees (same as 1st class)I understand that they adjust their fees accordingly with that...

Resolved! How to request feedback revision

How to request feedback revision....I can't find how to do it. A buyer left positive comments with almost certainly accidental negative feedback.

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Account created in 1999, can’t sell anymore on eBay.it

Hello All,Today as I changed my password on ebay, something happened.I opened my account back in 1999 on ebay.com, because there was no ebay.it back then. So my account has always been on both marketplaces. I access normally from ebay.it, but many ti...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay has become HORRENDOUS! Buyers can claim a return because they want Duties refunded?!

Since making changes to where payments are made, eBay has become horrendous. Sold an item which was cleary listed in Canada. The buyer was in the US, he didn't want to pay duties and taxes. Now he's opened an "item not as described" return request, a...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Not all my items showing up on my profil?

I noticed recently that when i go on ''see all items'' or ''items for sale'' on a seller profil, some profils showing all the seller items, some don't and show just 1 page. Mine personally showing just 1 page and does not have the pages count at the ...

Account Reviews

Seller performance reviews have been a healthy conversation & apart of selling on ebay.The most recent changes, with mandatory account review on the 20th, are a change I welcome.Safer buying space = More sales for sellers.Expected holds on funds, esp...

shipping bug to Yukon Territories postal codes

I recently had an order from Whitehorse, Yukon and, instead of them being charged $111.69 as per my shipping rate tables, they were charged $34.51 which is the rate to urban Alberta, my province of residence. Ive had this issue before, a few months a...

Canadapost lettermail to USA

I have some items to ship that are < .8" thick which is the lettermail maximum (<80grams). I usually enclose them in cardboard so they lay flat and even in the envelope (4"x6"). Sometime i get hassled by the clerk to use parcel service and/or fill ou...

• 49 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! eBay should start their own mail service

I think eBay should create their own parcel delivery service. I believe if they were held to the same standards they set for the sellers, who have absolutely no control over an item once handed off to Canada Post "etal", they would soon realize their...

It is hard to argue against the promoted stats...

As the regulars here know, a few weeks ago I moved the remainder so that ALL of my items were running under the original promoted listings program, using the wee 1% rate (there is a portion of the oldest items that are at 1.5% to put them ahead of th...

• 2 replies
  • 7 helpful

Ebay seller fee totals are averaging 17-21% now?

No wonder they made so much more last year, covid notwithstanding. I'm not even sure some of the fees are even legal under Canadian law. Charging a fee on the seller for taxes paid by the BUYER? We have nothing to do with it, it's not money WE receiv...

Calculated shipping issues. (an ongoing problem)

Many items will not calculate shipping for US customers. @pjcdn2005 RE:There is a good chance that the calculator is working but that some of the information entered doesn't fit with certain parameters. Canada Post lists minimum size requirements for...

Resolved! Calculated Shipping not working SOMETIMES for US or International Customers

Calculated shipping is not working for me on SOME listings. I had a message from a US customer asking what the shipping cost of an item was. I tried to use the calculator in the shipping info screen in the listing, but it comes back with: Shipping co...

Scammed as seller

i just started ebay about 6-7 weeks ago. i started selling on ebay to get rid of my pokemon card collection. long story short i didnt know how important tracking was and sold someone a card for 45$ a few weeks ago, they messaged me and told me their ...

Third-Party Asking Seller About a Recent Sale

Hello, Just recently, I had a third-party watcher inquire about the fulfillment status of an item I sold recently. They were asking if the buyer actually paid for the item or if they cancelled. I don't want to be rude and not answer (the question doe...

Input request on item

I would appreciate your input and to check if my understanding is correct. I sold an item that was delivered on September 30. Today I got an email from the buyer indicating it required a repair that cost $40, and requested I reimburse $40. On a polic...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels
Most Helpful Authors