Forum Posts

Resolved! Transaction details numbers not fitting

Anyone understand why i'm doing a $11.00 + $2.25 US sale with supposed $1.00 taxes collected by eBay, and that in transaction summary/order details, it's $13.25 total with fees based on $13.50 (with shipping/handling $1.50) Just trying to figuring ou...

Ghosted by buyer

Hi, I am a brand new Canadian seller. I posted 2 items and received 2 bids within hours from the same buyer. I accepted the offers and have absolutely no communication with the buyer since I've sent requests for payment with no reponse. What is my ne...

How do I temporarily close my store?

Hi their,long story short, I have plans in the near future, that I will have to temporarily close my store/make my items not live, for a year and a half.How do I do that, so I can make all my current listed items stay in my eBay inventory but not be ...

LORD OF THE RINGS 1969 MIDDLE-EARTH MAP BY PAULINE BAYNES Research Help Sought

Hi. I acquired a lithographed map from the Tolkien era. It's a map printed by Westerham Press Ltd of "Middle-Earth". It's of high quality and in VG condition. Not being a Lord Of The Rings person I've been trying to find out two things. 1. Value?2. I...

FVF on US sales tax and HST on a top (((

Is it forewer,that ebay charges FVF on US sales taxes and then HST on this fees ?My last sale ended up with 14.15% fees and that even after Top rated seller account,so without discount it would be around 16%. By end of the year its coming out as a ni...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Transaction details

Today, they changed the transaction details page, however they have also removed the exchange rate information on foreign exchange transations. It used to disclose the rate of exchange used - 1.20202 for US to CAD for example Now it just says "Rate i...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canadian selling on eBay.com

Hi everyone,I have couple questions to ask here. Can Canadian still able to selling on eBay.com as they are changing to payment management? I tried to post an item on .com and payment management is poped up and asking me to put ITIN number. Does anyo...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Options for Listings

Hi all,I am a new eBay seller in Canada and I have some questions about which options to select when I'm listing my items for sale.I am planning on charging a flat rate for the items I'm listing, which I try to calculate prior to posting them for sal...

Return message...

A buyer asked to make a return because they purchased by error. I accepted the return with buyer paying for the return. So far no item received. Now I received tis: "We've asked the buyer to send the itemHi robert,racor38 indicated that they posted t...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help needed with subscription level

I think I am overpaying on my subscription level. I have around 850 listing, and I am paying $74.95 a month with a premium fee. I just looked at the subscription levels and I think I should have the basic rate. I am not sure why I ever registered on ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

How long does Ebay take to resolve a dispute?

Buyer buys something from me, messages me and says he didn't get something I clearly stated was not included in both decription and title. I sold him a cover only. I tell him no refund, he can return it for a refund He then says he wouldn't have purc...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Re-instating a country that was blocked.

I had blocked the UK for a while because mailing was so slow, but I want to put it back. I have gone to my list of blocked countries, and removed the UK, and clicked on the box for it to apply to all present listings, but it is now working. Any ideas...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lighthearted camera milestone achievement!

Those long timers here who read whatever folks like to post, will recall the saga of my poor old bedraggled Canon SD700 reaching milestones of 100,000 pictures, 125,000 etc milestones. Despite its signs of age (much like me many days), the poor power...

• 0 replies
  • 7 helpful

Buyers cancel orders

Hello everyone,Is there any limit on ebay how many buyers can cancel order daily ? I had 4 canceled orders yesterday some paid some vinning bid.It became horrible that people buy and ask to cancel order , the seller has to pay for their fault. The se...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

CP Doesn't take responsibility for lost Parcel

Hello everyone ,I'm seeking help after CP shut me dawn after Service Ticket. On August 02/2021 I sent Parcel from Ontario to Ontario.The Parcel value $ CDN 1000Weight 18lb Insurance , Delivery Confirmation, Signature req. all paid with shipping $ CDN...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Show USPS for US shipping?

I've decided to try out ChitChatexpress for shipping. As a Canadian seller can I make USPS show up in the shipping selection so it shows the nice low USPS prices?

Resolved! How to ask for payment

An item that was supposed to be delivered by Canada Post at the beginning of October has finally being delivered (tracking shows delivered yesterday, Nov. 5th) after I refunded the buyer and the person being uncooperative with Canada Post when I open...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! New store settings

I am finding that my store settings have changed and are much more difficult to find items. The catergories used to be on a list on the left hand side, now you have to click on category settings and they are in much smaller font and along the top. I ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! UPS (my first AND LAST experience with them. ever)

Just thought I should scream into the void here and hopefully someone else will be spared the missery of trying to do business with UPS (canada).I've been selling on eBay for 18 years. Always use Canada Post, in recent times especially beause of thei...

UPS joke.jpg
  • 7 replies
  • 3 helpful

Shortened feedback time from 90 days to 60

I'm not sure if any other eBay sellers have expierienced this however I sold an item to a buyer in the Czech Republic where the buyer chose to have the item shipped surface from Canada. Due to not only the time it takes in the surface shipping but al...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels