Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Canadian eBay Sellers you are paying GST on exports

eBay SellerseBay is charging you 13% Gst on all shipment to USA and International countrieseven thou they are exempt from Gst98% of our sale was out of country, we have removed all our listing till eBay corrects this problemYou may want to contact eB...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New to selling need some guidance please 😁

Hi guys thanks for reading this post. I started selling about a month and a half ago when this pandemic started happening. I have a couple of clothing stores in Toronto and because we are nonessential business, the local government here has closed us...

Listings

eBay is getting worse not better!They no longer have a direct vendor support number. That is something that Amazon has!I am having a listing problem concerning the tax rate.My company is in Canada, but I sell mostly in the U.S.My tax rate should be z...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

SSN/ITIN issue

I am an American selling a few items from Canada. I haven't sold on Ebay in a few years. When I try to list, I get a page with "Provide details to get paidGovernment regulations require these details so we can send you payments. We need this info so ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

Offer to buyer eligibility?

Just wondering what's the criterias to be able to send an offer to buyer? I mean, on ebay it's written: Eligible Listings include:Items a buyer opts to watchItems added to cart that have been there for at least 5 daysSource: https://pages.ebay.ca/sel...

Ebay Restriction Policy Is Crazy

So I just had 10 of my items cancelled because I supposedly was going against their policy.See below: (We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Animal products policy. Products from endangered or protected species are not allowed). ...

*Why* are these infernal "Add Recommended Items Specifics" repopulating?!

We have been dealing with these for *months*. On TWO separate occaisions, we spent approximately 20 man hours going through *every* listing with these "reccommendations", and selecting "do not remind me about these again". Yet today, we have over 400...

Hmm a new GTC longest running sold item personal record?

Figured a light hearted thread was in order. An item sold today that had been running as a GTC for 11 years now. I think that's a new record, I've had 10 year ones in the last while but this is the first 11 year I ever remember! Sometimes it takes a ...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I recently received an email from eBay advising me they had removed one of my listings because it vioated their VeRO policy. Ironically, several hours later, I received an email from eBay asking me if I was still interested in exactly the same item b...

Ebay Chat

Sorry to say, the chats are an absolute disgrace. Not one thing got answered today. I am sure some will be happy but I can not continually waste my time with chat for absolutely nothing and no answers. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this ...

• 71 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Should I be registered on US or CA?

Could someone here who sells on .com give me some guidance please?A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a rep on eBay because I was having problems getting accepted on MP. He told me that the problem was because I was registered on the US site and I...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Latest scam on eBay.ca?

I've been selling on eBay for 20 years now and seen a lot of scams but this is a new one to me. 0 feedback buyer in Montreal purchased a $320 item so l made sure it shipped with full insurance (Xpresspost) so there would be no opportunity for claims....

Hi there! New Seller but Saddened already...

So I am starting my own account after letting my partner list my things since they have a great rating, but i wanted my own. I had a buyer and clearly running a scam send me a message to text them re details of an already purchased item by them. I wa...

GST

Did you know eBay is collection GST on items you are exporting, GST is for sale to Canadians when you export to USA or international you do no charge GST You are losing 13% GST because it is eBay policy to collect Someone at eBay did not read the GST...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Multi-province sales tax

Hello I have set up my tax table, but when I create a new listing or edit my existing one, the tax section in the pricing section shows a drop down for single/individual provinces only, and I can't choose more than one province. I can't find a way to...

Fees are More Expensive with Managed Payments

I have an order of $33.98 plus tax is $36.02, I receive a net payment of $28.34, that is over 16% fees taken. It used to be 11% fees taken from ebay in my catagory. I understand they charge $0.30 like Paypal does per transaction. Paypal charges about...

infinity-loop

Finaly got the "new" notice about MP with bonus save 50% sellers fees. to update seller details by Aug.,2. for managed payments. Click on link and get sent to "magaged payments intro page", with link to sign up for MP .Click signup link for MP that c...

WWYD re address?

On my other ID I sold a CD to a new buyer that just registered today, her address was in Texas. I packed up the CD and purchased chit chat shipping. A few hours later I get a message from another ID (not the same) again registered today stating that ...

Resolved! Help: How do I send an invoice to a buyer to pay again after a refund though eBay without PayPal?

Hello, Phoenix here again, with another learning curve...A buyer submited a "not recived" claim. I gave them a full refund before time was up. Buyer recived item and asked for me to send them an invoice to pay again. I can not find an answer nor do I...

Which carriers still use signature confirmation?

It is my understanding that:1 - Signature confirmation is required on items with a 750 CAD or higher total.2 - Canada Post no longer provides signature confirmation at the door, or at the post office. Even if it is required, they do not collect the s...

buyer refunded loophole

So....I can't believe this just happened. Buyer has address on account as Major city not the actual suburb they are located in. Canada post delivers to the right address which is the suburb and buyer gers refunded because of it....

New PAD agreement

Why would anyone agree to let eBay debit from their bank account whenever and whatewver they want . This is INSANE! Do you agree with me?

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels
Most Helpful Authors