Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Skeptical about buyer. Should I ship?

There was a buyer who made two orders of stamps from me a month ago and I shipped them via lettermail (hence no tracking number) and he has not left me any feedback as to whether he has received them or not, and the other day he just ordered another ...

I just gave myself selling limits!

Funny story - queue the theatrics ... Since I started selling, I've never had selling limits on my account, at least not to my knowledge. There was never a section in my Seller Hub showing seller limits (other than the free monthly insertion limits),...

Resolved! How to tell eBay if a seller dies or is hospitalized?

A subject I really don’t want to think about, but I should. I have two selling accounts on eBay. If anything happened to me I have no idea how to get my accounts shut down. DH can sort of use a computer but not really well and certainly not if he was...

Yet another glitch

Suddenly I have 0 feedback, despite being a member for 19 years with 2903 transactions. Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%. Hardly looks encouraging to either buyer or seller. Can't eBay get even this right?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is there any way to go back to using PayPal to manage payments?

I just received an e-mail about eBay managing my payments, and I figured it was required so I went through the whole thing, added my bank account, etc. Now, all of my payments will be handled directly from eBay to my bank account. The problem is, I a...

• 109 replies
  • 6 helpful

Resolved! Can't Purchase Shipping Label

anyone else having problems with purchasing shipping labels this morning? I imput the weight/size, click and the page comes up faded, says no service selected but tracked packet USA was selected. Is it just me or is there a glitch in the system?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shippo No longer offering CP Small Business Discount

I've reached out to Shippo but have yet to hear back so i wondered if anyone else has encountered this. On my last two sales I went to print my label on shippo as I've done for 2 years now except I got a warning that eBay sales were no longer eligibl...

Canadian eBay Sellers you are paying GST on exports

eBay SellerseBay is charging you 13% Gst on all shipment to USA and International countrieseven thou they are exempt from Gst98% of our sale was out of country, we have removed all our listing till eBay corrects this problemYou may want to contact eB...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New to selling need some guidance please 😁

Hi guys thanks for reading this post. I started selling about a month and a half ago when this pandemic started happening. I have a couple of clothing stores in Toronto and because we are nonessential business, the local government here has closed us...

Listings

eBay is getting worse not better!They no longer have a direct vendor support number. That is something that Amazon has!I am having a listing problem concerning the tax rate.My company is in Canada, but I sell mostly in the U.S.My tax rate should be z...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

SSN/ITIN issue

I am an American selling a few items from Canada. I haven't sold on Ebay in a few years. When I try to list, I get a page with "Provide details to get paidGovernment regulations require these details so we can send you payments. We need this info so ...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

Offer to buyer eligibility?

Just wondering what's the criterias to be able to send an offer to buyer? I mean, on ebay it's written: Eligible Listings include:Items a buyer opts to watchItems added to cart that have been there for at least 5 daysSource: https://pages.ebay.ca/sel...

Ebay Restriction Policy Is Crazy

So I just had 10 of my items cancelled because I supposedly was going against their policy.See below: (We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Animal products policy. Products from endangered or protected species are not allowed). ...

*Why* are these infernal "Add Recommended Items Specifics" repopulating?!

We have been dealing with these for *months*. On TWO separate occaisions, we spent approximately 20 man hours going through *every* listing with these "reccommendations", and selecting "do not remind me about these again". Yet today, we have over 400...

Hmm a new GTC longest running sold item personal record?

Figured a light hearted thread was in order. An item sold today that had been running as a GTC for 11 years now. I think that's a new record, I've had 10 year ones in the last while but this is the first 11 year I ever remember! Sometimes it takes a ...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I recently received an email from eBay advising me they had removed one of my listings because it vioated their VeRO policy. Ironically, several hours later, I received an email from eBay asking me if I was still interested in exactly the same item b...

Ebay Chat

Sorry to say, the chats are an absolute disgrace. Not one thing got answered today. I am sure some will be happy but I can not continually waste my time with chat for absolutely nothing and no answers. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this ...

• 71 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Should I be registered on US or CA?

Could someone here who sells on .com give me some guidance please?A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a rep on eBay because I was having problems getting accepted on MP. He told me that the problem was because I was registered on the US site and I...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Latest scam on eBay.ca?

I've been selling on eBay for 20 years now and seen a lot of scams but this is a new one to me. 0 feedback buyer in Montreal purchased a $320 item so l made sure it shipped with full insurance (Xpresspost) so there would be no opportunity for claims....

Hi there! New Seller but Saddened already...

So I am starting my own account after letting my partner list my things since they have a great rating, but i wanted my own. I had a buyer and clearly running a scam send me a message to text them re details of an already purchased item by them. I wa...

GST

Did you know eBay is collection GST on items you are exporting, GST is for sale to Canadians when you export to USA or international you do no charge GST You are losing 13% GST because it is eBay policy to collect Someone at eBay did not read the GST...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels